Feature: A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Screens - Issue Forty Eight

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Star Fox! Robin! 3DS menu! More!

After causing quite a stir two weeks ago, the Super Smash Bros. hype was relatively reserved last week, though the 3DS version was particularly prominent in Nintendo's Gaming Lounge broadcast from Comic-Con.

On the screenshot front, Masahiro Sakurai continued his fine form on the Director's Room Miiverse community. There were some interesting details, covering stages for popular franchises and games, along with an early look at the opening screen menu on the 3DS, Wii U button included.

As always you can see the posts below — check them out and click on the date heading to visit the posts in question and give them a Yeah.

21st July

22nd July

23rd July

24th July

25th July

That's another week down, so let us know which are your favourites in the poll and comments below.

What's your favourite Smash Bros. screen this week? (288 votes)

Pit feels the effects of Robin's Nosferatu ability

16%

Great Fox heads out to space, with battle set to start

37%

Mario and Mega Man enjoy a clash with the Yellow Devil on 3DS

Three challengers take time out to explore a Tomodachi Life house

A battle between Lucina and Zelda has an interested Mii spectator

The 3DS front menu screen teases with StreetPass and Wii U menus

22%

Some useful Smash Run tips appear on the bottom screen

Um, I can't decide

I don't like any of them

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

Pahvi

Pahvi said:

I saw the image and thought, wow, a shmup with good concept art coming up. Then I read the title and was all meh.

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

I'm just excited to see that Challenges are for sure back. Hopefully he does another 3 sets of 120.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I voted for the Tomodachi Life stage, though that Great Fox stage looks terrific too.

brewsky

brewsky said:

And the only perfect attendance stage in Smash will return! Albeit, with a different name, I'm assuming.

Lasermaster123

Lasermaster123 said:

The Great Fox and the Robin photo :D

Although Nintendo I am still waiting for you to announce the original japanese Robin i.e. Isaac (in English) from Golden Sun! He has been such a demanded character as well plus his inclusion is a reasonable request considering Golden Sun is an epic and iconic Nintendo RPG!

I am watching.... and waiting. Waiting for the Golden Sun to rise again.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

So can't wait for these games. The pics look amazing. Loved the one with Robin but can't decide which one is my favorite.

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

@Lasermaster123 Well Takamaru just got disconfirmed/announced as an Assist Trophy and their foamy giving us Lost Age on the Virtual Console.

A separate article should talk about Takamaru now having no chance as a playable character.

Hero-of-WiiU

Hero-of-WiiU said:

I voted the Tomadachi stage over Great Fox because I'm more attached to Tomodachi Life as a franchise. (Which is sad really.)

Lasermaster123

Lasermaster123 said:

@ModestFan93

Well Takamaru was the hero of Mysterious Murasame Castle which was never released outside Japan on the original Famicom. It just recently came out as a 3DS virtual console game!

I can say Isaac definitely has a bigger chance as he saw overseas release, the game got critical acclaim and was liked by many plus fans have been asking for his challenger appearance since he made a trophy appearance in brawl and from before as well. Golden Sun was also one of the best if not THE best game on GBA.

Sorry I didn't quite understand the rest of your comment.

thehoppypoppy

thehoppypoppy said:

I'm not getting the 3ds version (can't possibly afford both), but I think the Tomodochi Life stage is pretty awesome! :)

Yosher

Yosher said:

To be perfectly honest I'm not much of a fan of this week's screenshots at all. Moveset updates usually kinda bore me, don't have much with Star Fox or Tomodachi Life, and Wily Castle being on 3DS is kind of disappointing. So by default my vote will go to the menu, even though it kind of looks.. weird.

Link506

Link506 said:

What is the Wii U button for on the 3ds menu? Is it for character transfers?

KingMike

KingMike said:

Tomodachi Life stage = Luigi's Mansion with Miis?

Although if they want a life-draining character why not Oddish? Never enough Pokemon! :D

Shambo

Shambo said:

Seen a lot of pretty pictures already, I need to be able to play it myself. Even unwrapping both versions of the game will be extremely exciting. But I voted the menu screen... It raises questions, to which I'd really like to know the answer now!

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

Great Fox for sure, Assault is actually tied as my favourite Star Fox game (64 being the other). I hope aparoids make an appearance as stage hazards.

RaphaBoss

RaphaBoss said:

Great Fox for me, obviously, since I loved that stage since the original Smash Bros. Hope they make it big like the original, I don't like the small one in Melee. That being said... howhaa! Glorious modern Great Fox in HD!

RaphaBoss

RaphaBoss said:

@Lasermaster123

I tryed Golden Sun on a emulator, and honestly, it felt like a generic RPG with random encounters( maybe for that time, it wasn't so generic, now it feels outdated), it didn't have much to me continue the game. That being said, I like Isacc and his moves with psyenergy and stuff, he was propably the coolest assist trophy in Brawl, summoning that huge hand LOL. Looking from far away, he looks like Trunks SSJ XD. I hope he is in, but I don't see it happening, not enough revelance IMO, he is neither a classic( like Marth is) or a modern character (like Olimar).

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Sorry if I'm late to the party. 3DS menu, a total no-brainer, especially how well it manages to evoke Brawl memories.