Atlus Teases New Game Announcements Plus Brand New IP

Posted by Karen Halloran

Definitely not another Persona, may be "not broccoli"

Late 2014 and early 2015 look to be all about Persona titles at Atlus with Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and Persona 4: Aerna Ultimax set to release for various platforms in the coming months. However, in an interview with Famitsu Atlus CEO Naoto Hiraoka and company representative Yukio Sugino discuss Atlus' upcoming non-Persona related projects, including a brand new IP similar to Catherine and Dragon's Crown, and another title that should be ready for release in roughly three years' time.

In the interview, Hiraoka also stated that “I believe [Atlus will] be able to announce ‘that title’ soon;" which could have something to do with the extremely verdant "This is not broccoli" teaser site that Atlus put up earlier this summer.

So, we have three new games, one incorporating brand new IP, and no broccoli hinted at from the house of Persona. Fire that speculation train in the comments!

[via siliconera.com]

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

But of course I'm hoping for a new Etrian Odyssey. Hopefully EO5 and not another remake of an older game and adding a story.

ekreig

ekreig said:

Catherine/Pushmo crossover for Wii U please.

I'm only half kidding.

Blast

Blast said:

Support the Wii U more, please. I already know we're getting SMT X FE but can we get more Atlus games???

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I hope is something new and fresh like Radiant Historia was. No more Etrian and SMT please.

River3636

River3636 said:

Well Atlus have so many RPG IPs it could be any thing. I don't want it to be the usual suspects. I know I'll be getting it . So it really doesn't matter. They have dethroned Square Enix in my eyes.

GoombaJMR

GoombaJMR said:

Begging for an EO V with a similar customization style as FE:A had....if you could give roles to your starter people, it would be easier to plot out a good story while including the exploration and etc. that Untold tried to do

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

Still waiting for Citizens of Earth. That's the only Atlus-published title I am interested in. I bought Shin Megami Tensei IV and never went back to it for months due to losing interest.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

SMT x FE. Persona 5. Devil Survivor 2: Break Record. I really hope we get information on these titles soon.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

It's Carrots. Guys, it's carrots., You play as a carrot. You fight other carrots with carrots and replenish your carrots by eating carrots. How can you not see that?

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Just glad it is something non Persona series. I love Atlus and appreciate the unique games they create, but Persona is one of the very rare RPG's I actually think is terrible.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

@CanisWolfred We have. The original's on PS1 were ok but nothing that engaged me. Persona 3 I gave 4+ hours of a try but almost made me throw my PSP against the wall. My friend hung out with me and showed me the ropes on P4 Golden Vita, because he said I just did not know what I was doing and therefore did not like them. Long story short he gave me $40 for making me waste my money although I will never get that terrible day back.

Keep in mind I have no qualms with those who dig the game, I just can't fathom the attraction.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Hoping that eventually Atlus gets all the rights to Phantasy Star from Sega so that we can finally start getting the games over here....

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

A game similar to Catherine and Dragon's Crown... two games that could not be more different...

Shambo

Shambo said:

Looking forward to Persona Q, but definitely interested in something "like Catherine and Dragon's Crown" as well (not that I have any clue how one game could be like both games mentioned, given how vastly different they are... Or am I getting it wrong?). Both games are very high on my list of more interesting games in my collection.

geozeldadude

geozeldadude said:

just echoing others' impatience for news on SMT x FE. will be really sad if they don't release it this year. :p

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

The only series I really care about from Atlus is Persona. And even then only the mainline Persona games. Not interested in Persona Q, as it looks like it's just Etrian Oddyssey with Persona 3 and 4 characters in it. Which is unfortunate because i think a real Persona game would do great on 3DS.

FragRed

FragRed said:

Rather than try and speculate what the game could be, I think the more important question is if its going to come to the Wii U. Well to me it is the more important question.

Jim_Purcell

Jim_Purcell said:

Really hope its a first person dungeon crawler.

The 3 year lead time makes me think either EO5 or SMT5. Thing is... 3 years the 3DS replacement is probably on the table by that point.

Dave24

Dave24 said:

Probably it won't reach EU or better yet, it will be released 2-3 years later for full price.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Who really knows with Atlus. Since it's not a Persona, it could be another Devil Survivor, Shin Megami Tensei 5, Etrian Odyssey 5, and so on. As for the new IP, I'm very excited to see what it is!