Zen Studios Collaborates With Telltale Games and Creator of The Walking Dead to Create Themed Pinball Table

Posted by Liam Doolan

Wii U release inconclusive

Fans of The Walking Dead are in for a treat with pinball masters Zen Studios announcing it has partnered with the series creator and writer Robert Kirkman, Skybound, and Telltale Games, to release an all-new digital table for Zen Pinball 2 based on the popular episodic game series of the same name.

In a true collaborative effort between Zen and Telltale, the themed table based on The Walking Dead: Season One, fuses together unique ideas and "passion" to deliver an experience that is authentic to – and reflective of – the choice-driven climatic journey featured within the original game.

The table will retrace Clementine’s very beginnings outside of her tree house – right through to the streets of Savannah and the series finale. To truly recreate the original five-part experience, story dialogue from the original game will be included, along with scenarios where the player has to solve problems, maintain group morale, and choose who stays and goes.

The Walking Dead pinball table will be playable at this year’s E3 (in some form), and available later this summer on, “pinball platforms across console, PC and mobile” according to Zen Studios.

One final point worth noting – and of great relevance to Nintendo fans – is the lack of Wii U logo at the end of the announcement trailer. In saying that, PC and mobile platforms aren’t mentioned either – though as referenced above, are listed in the official press release.

With this in mind, do you think the Wii U iteration is currently being grouped under “console,” or could this be something more sinister at work? We're all too familiar with those silent cases after all. For now though, we’ll give Zen Studios the benefit of the doubt, as in the past it's brought a lot of its pinball content across to the Wii U eShop – it's just always taken a little longer than other systems.

Presuming this Walking Dead table is – at some point – on the way to the Wii U eShop, let us know if it would be of interest to you. While you're at it, take a look at the announcement trailer below:

Related Games

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

I've never payed for a pinball table before but this would instrest me......shame we will never see it on Wii u!! I hope I'm wrong but since the telltale games walking dead series is perfect for Wii u and has yet to be released......

welsh_gamer

welsh_gamer said:

I think we'll get it, just that it won't launch the same time as the other tables, but a few months down the line, like what happened with the Star Wars tables.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

I loved the walking dead telltale first series, not played the second yet but would welcome some pinball fun to remind me those sad times :-( Hell, I would buy both seasons again on wii u as the controller on the gamepad must be better suited than on 360

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

If this does come over, I wonder if they'll add it to the Zen 2 set or make a seperate set like starwars.

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

Wow, I'm really excited for this, but if this doesn't come to Wii U I promise petitions will be made. I'm not standing for no release.

Frapp

Frapp said:

I like the idea, but the table briefly shown doesn't look very interesting to me, at first glance.

smikey

smikey said:

love walking dead and love zen pinball 2 never really got into the star wars tables but it might because I have zero interest in starwars.

I still play at least a couple of pinball tables a week and have beaten a lot of my own high scores recently so a new table to try would be most welcome

Cyberbotv2

Cyberbotv2 said:

We are not getting this. I emailed Telltale over the winter, and they made it very clear that no Walking Dead games of any sort will be seen on a nintendo console.

Smooching

Smooching said:

Ugh god, we need a new Pokémon Pinball instead if you ask me... Don't get me wrong, I really liked the Telltale game, but this seems like a bit of a stretch...

ejamer

ejamer said:

Meh. The TellTale game never came out on a system I could play so the license doesn't do much for me. Zen Pinball games are generally pretty awesome (some better than others) but I think they'd do MUCH MUCH better releasing a license that Nintendo fans care about on Wii U instead of a table based on games that many Nintendo gamers haven't played.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

That's a link to a topic I made on the Zen forums that I got a response from the community manager.

Since we are getting no good responses about a table we should've had 6 months ago I can't see this happening for a long time if ever. Dr Strange was suppose to be released last year and now we aren't getting any reasons as to why this hasn't happened. As for the latest Star Wars tables they as of Now have no plans to release them on the U. Doesmt mean it won't happen but nothing for now. What of the latest Football table, nothing as well. Zen has either jumped off making games for Nintendo or they just don't care anymore. The existing tables and leader boards are so glitchy and they can't even seem to fix those so I'm not going to believe anything is coming out till I can physically dl it that day.

ashlyquin

ashlyquin said:

Why doesn't Zen Studios make these tables available as DLC for the 3DS thru one common interface/program?

DoomTurtle

DoomTurtle said:

I've been checking the Zen forums now and then just to see if they ever have any updates on fixes or the new tables, and they just won't respond with anything. It's pretty disappointing, because I bought the Avengers pack, and it's really fun. But I won't be getting anything else unless it's on sale, because their customer service for the Wii U is awful.

LawRulesALL

LawRulesALL said:

Well, it seems nice. But I have yet to play the first season and, if I do like it, buy the second one. My backlog is enormous and I don't find time to play so much games :P

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

I was happy when I saw that Zen Pinball 2 was on the Wii U, but then I found broken leaderboards, no tournaments, and poor support. Needless to say, I am disappointed and have spent my money elsewhere.

faint

faint said:

@Cyberbotv2 but this is licensed by zen. They decide not telltale unless it's in the contract. If so I ask what's their problem.

endy_n_omni

endy_n_omni said:

@ULTRA-64 I don't see why we wouldn't see the table on Wii U. The telltale game never made it, but nearly all of Zen Studio's other tables have (save a few older ones). Zen Studios supports the Wii U pretty strongly, even if it takes extra time to get their stuff to the system sometimes.