Weirdness: So, Someone Made A Valve E3 Press Conference Using Tomodachi Life

Posted by Damien McFerran

Nintendo's life sim used to poke fun at long-suffering Half Life fans

Valve released Half Life 2 a decade ago, and since then fans have been waiting for news relating to the third instalment in the critically-acclaimed series. Every year, these very same fans search through the internet trying to find hints or references to the release of the game, and we've seen some downright hilarious false guesses over the past few years.

Such is the incredible level of expectation that YouTube user OniNeoxes has created a video using Tomodachi Life which presents the Valve E3 press conference that Half Life fans dread — we'll let you see for yourself below, but be warned: if you're a fan of the series, it may be a little too near the knuckle for you to stomach.

[via polygon.com]

Magikarp3

Magikarp3 said:

misread the title as "Valve makes an E3 conference using Tomodachi Life" so I went into the video kinda disappoi-WOW THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVER

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Haha! I just downloaded this for my daughter's bday gift - interested to see what she comes up with!

Link506

Link506 said:

Still gotta buy Tomodachi life. I'm one the fence though, is it really worth it?

Jeyl

Jeyl said:

I love how the ending implies that Gabe was going to announce Half-Life 3 on stage, but changed his mind while performing to officially cancel the game, leaving everyone, including the backup dancers in shock. Hehe. He cancels a game he hasn't even announced yet.

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

This is pretty funny, especially since I just bought the Half-Life Complete Collection on Steam yesterday. I love Summer Sales~ :D

GamecubeComplex

GamecubeComplex said:

@Link506 I've been thinking about that, too. I mean, I'm choosing between Kirby:Triple Deluxe (and I LOVE Kirby games) and Tomodachi Life. Difficult decision, because I'm only wanting to spend 40 dollars.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Half Life (Dreamcast) and Half Life 2 (Xbox) were the first two FPS' I ever paid money for. Aside from XIII (Gamecube), ZombiU, Medal of Honor (PS3), Bioshock 2 (PS3) and both Left 4 Dead games (360), I never really got into FPSs. Valve's have been some great genre benders, I just don't get draw in by many. I also hate online gaming, so there's that too.
No Goldeneye, Halo, Call of Duty, Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem or anything like that, but I have played alot of FPSs.
Half Life 3 could convince me to get a PS4 (after a price drop and 2-3 years) or even a Steam box, but it'd have to be pretty incredible to top Half Life 2. Heck, both games are top of their class in my opinion.

World

World said:

I've never played Half-Life, but I'd love to see a full version of that song, maybe with real (yet still vocoded) singers!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Lol video, even if I hate auto-tune!

Quite simply Portals succes and Steam meant the end for proper Half-life games. We never see those again.