Video: Nintendo Minute Interviews Key Members of the Animal Crossing: New Leaf Development Team

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Special QR codes for Zelda-themed clothes shared

Animal Crossing: New Leaf may have been on the market for a year, but we imagine there are still plenty of 3DS owners — of the millions that bought the game — that are still looking after their town and quirky residents. It's a franchise that continues to achieve impressive sales, with the latest entry enjoying even more exposure and presence due to gamers sharing experiences on social networks.

In its latest episode, and after a full month of Mario Kart 8 content, Nintendo Minute has slowed things down for a conversation with New Leaf director Ms. Kyogoku and producer Mr. Eguchi. They talk over aspects of design, reveal that social research didn't factor into development, and we go for a tour of Ms. Kyogoku's town. If you stick around to near the end, too, you can scan QR codes for outfits based on The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Check it out below.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

I just got my 3DS back for repair yesterday and one of the first things I did was play some New Leaf! I am very much looking forward to the inevitable Wii U Animal Crossing, which should be superb!

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Kinda weird timing for this interview to take place, especially with all the comparisons between Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life, and the latter having so recently been released. Maybe that was intentional, as if to say, "We haven't forgotten about you, people who prefer Animal Crossing over... that other game." Maybe it's unrelated, and the timing just ended up being this way, due to translation dealies, or editing majiggers. I dunno.

joey302

joey302 said:

It was on GameCube them wii so wii u should follow....and be bigger & better!!

Rei7

Rei7 said:

Please I hope the Wii U version of AC has a sneak peak at E3.
For some reason I have a feeling it is going to happen..
Please oh please! 800 hours in ACNL and i'm pretty much still enjoying it although there isn't many of my friends left playing it.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Ah, nice! I'm going to scan these codes right now (since my ACNL game just happens to be on and in front of me).

New Leaf is such an amazing game. Tomorrow will have been one year since it was released in North America! RAWRRRR~