Shigeru Miyamoto Confirmed for Day One Appearance on Nintendo Treehouse Live Broadcast

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Satoru Iwata thanks all for well wishes

It had previously been announced that Shigeru Miyamoto would be making an appearance on the rolling Treehouse broadcast that'll be taking place throughout E3. It's set to be a largely unscripted aspect of Nintendo's presence over the three days, though we have been given a rough idea of when Miyamoto-san will appear.

As you can see in the tweet below, the legendary designer will appear tomorrow afternoon (in the Pacific time zone), with the Treehouse broadcast kicking off at 11:35 Pacific / 14:35 Eastern / 19:35 UK / 20:35 CET.

In another post by Nintendo on Twitter, a message has been relayed from Satoru Iwata to thank fans for their well wishes, after last week's announcement that the Nintendo President won't attend E3 for health reasons.

We'll be live streaming the Treehouse throughout E3 — will you be tuning in to see Miyamoto-san show off his new projects?

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Finally; after three years of teasing, we'll get to see Miyamoto's new IP. It should be interesting to see what genre he's going for.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

Definitely hope this is a sign that the new IP will finally be revealed. I'm excited to find out tomorrow!

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

@LetsGoRetro: Huh?

When I see the words "Miyamoto" and "some projects", I think of the new games that Miyamoto has been experimenting with for the past three years. One of them is surely a new IP, if not all of them.

Tops

Tops said:

Can't wait. I know I won't be getting much sleep tonight, my anticipation is through the roof!

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

You ever wonder if those squiggly Mii eyebrows were added in at Miyamoto's request?

Falkor

Falkor said:

"to show some of his new projects."
That's means we'll see some of Miyamoto's new projects.
I don't know where the confusion is coming from.

2Sang

2Sang said:

We (please) undastand Mr. Iwata, you're more of an idea guy than a speech guy anyways. Let reggie run the stage, you do your thing in the back.

MuchoMochi

MuchoMochi said:

Combined with this announcement and the fact that tomorrow is my birthday I don't even know how to function anymore.

MuchoMochi

MuchoMochi said:

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

I know this year's E3 will be better for Nintendo than last year, and I'm totally excited to see games new and previously announced, but I just don't want to have the same level of hype that I did last year after a somewhat disappointing E3. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad at all, but I just don't want to let myself get too hyped and have really high expectations.

Now, I wonder what Miyamoto's new IP will be...

whodatninja

whodatninja said:

Miyamoto is a god of Video Games and he deserves all our respect and attention! I cant wait until later today :D