Pokémon Orchestral Tour Premiering in August

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Super effective on the ears

Following in the steps of The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses, another Nintendo franchise's musical score will soon say goodbye to its mom and embark on a journey to prove itself the champion of concert halls the land over.

The Pokémon Company International has announced Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions, a new concert tour that will perform live arrangements of classic themes and tracks taken from nearly two decades of Pokémon history. Melodies will be met with visuals from the Pokémon games and universe, with creative producers from the Symphony of the Goddesses bringing their talents to Symphonic Evolutions as well.

Symphonic Evolutions will kick off 15th August at the Warner Theater in Washington, D.C., the day before the 2014 Pokémon World Championships in the same city. If the performance doesn't cause a mass of awakened Snorlaxes to descend upon and flatten the theatre, the symphony will move on to the Mann Center in Philadelphia, PA on 19th September.

More tour dates, as well as how to buy tickets for current scheduled performances, will be released on the Pokémon Symphony website in the future. In the meantime, what tracks would you most like to receive the orchestral treatment?

[via pokemon.com]

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

"If the performance doesn't cause a mass of awakened Snorlaxes to descend upon and flatten the theatre"

Now now, that's no way to speak of the fans.

HylianJowiStaff

HylianJowi said:

Symphony of the Goddesses was amazing. Hopefully this one comes to Boston as well, the legions of Beantown Ninty fans would be elated. :D

VIIIAxel

VIIIAxel said:

Aw man, I was planning to go to the DBZ movie to celebrate finishing up Summer School. Looks like I'll have to come up with extra money for this one. I'm really excited though, considering how much I love Pokemon!

NavySpheal

NavySpheal said:

Orchestrate all of Gen 5. That is probably my favorite Pokemon soundtrack, perhaps tied with Gen 3. This is great news! Hopefully they release a soundtrack CD with the Hoenn remakes like they did with Skyward Sword.

Gladius_X

Gladius_X said:

Once again, they refuse to see that there are fans on the other side of the ocean as well. Oh we did get that one London performance of Zelda right? I guess that means there is still some sort of hope.

mystman12

mystman12 said:

I've never cared for Pokemon music... What I really want is a Donkey Kong Country Symphony!

SakuraHaruka

SakuraHaruka said:

Yey! Yey!! I love Music and Pokemon too; however, I can't go to the events... ...sigh..., well, I will be waiting.

ChuJelly

ChuJelly said:

Dang, and I was just in D.C. too! If only it came earlier :( Ah well, I'll just have to hope it's eventually held somewhere near me when I'm off school... this would certainly be a thing to see :)

MagicBox

MagicBox said:

And just like that, this has rocketed to the top of my priorities list.

"Symphony Of The Goddesses" was such nerdy, dorky, geeky bliss. One of my favorite Nintendo experiences to date. I went with my girlfriend and a co-worker and we all had a great time. A lot of really nice people, really creative cosplayers, TONS of streetpasses, the whole shebang. And I've only been a Zelda fan for about eight years. I've been a Pokéfan for fifteen. If it comes to Atlanta, I'm sold.

Call me old-fashioned, but I hope we get a decent amount of classic Kanto music. I just can't get enough of it. Here's hoping we get a CD soundtrack release of some kind.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Awesome!!! Love these. I went to the Zelda Symphony one and it was an amazing experience. Got a ton of street passes as well. Hopefully this comes to Atlanta GA!

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

Oh my goodness... Guys, I cannot even stress how excited I am for this! Ever since the Zelda symphony, I have been yearning greatly for a legit Pokemon symphony! I'm going to start saving for this thing right now. There is no way on earth I'll miss this if it comes to Houston.

Iggly

Iggly said:

I hope this goes to Canada, though I'd probably miss it if they don't have a re-run as I'll still be in the Philippines during August.

tom_q

tom_q said:

I would go to this in a second if it came to the UK. At least I have Zelda Symphonic legends to look forward to this month.