Nintendo@E3 2014 Community Now Live on Miiverse

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Announcement community included

Following hot on the heels of a platform update, Miiverse has another exciting addition for social Nintendo gamers to enjoy. It's formally launched its Nintendo@E3 2014 Community, and a sub-community that'll host official announcements through 'news, videos and events'.

The main community is already buzzing with excitable comments and hopeful predictions, while the Announcement community has one post so far to set the scene, an excerpt of which is below.

Just now - as you can see the E3 2014 Community is now live! The main community if for everyone who can post to Miiverse to share their thoughts and excitement about our announcements. We also opened this announcement community, and as the name suggests, we’ll be posting game news, videos and events as they’re about to happen from now throughout the show.

Next Tuesday 6/10 at 9am PT / 12pm ET, we will be broadcasting our Digital Event video where we will be breaking news about our latest games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

Immediately after, there will be the live post-show Nintendo Minute: Live@E3 where the hosts will recap the Digital Event with even more info.

From 4pm also on 6/10, we will be hosting the Super Smash Bros. Invitational tournament. The event will be live streamed on our Twitch channel.

If that’s not enough, all E3 long we’ll have Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 where we will be live streaming right from the show floor, to go in-depth about our latest games.

You can watch all of this on our Twitch and YouTube channel, and of course and e3.nintendo.com.

To help you get in the mood, check out e3.nintendo.com. The link's at the bottom of this post for web users, or click on the blue globe icon for Wii U/3DS users!

It's great to see Nintendo utilising its social network this way, and we just hope Nintendo's beefed up its servers for the inevitable spike in traffic. We'll be watching with interest, of course, and maybe even throwing out the occasional 'Yeah'.

[via miiverse.nintendo.net]

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Nintendo once again opening the flood gates on Miiverse for tons of posts a minute 99% of which consist of incomprehendible stupidity, may god have mercy on us all for the next week or two.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

Yay! Totally mental community posts full of 'this game will always be special' and 'Reggie always loves you' platitudes designed to make me feel better whilst simultaneously appeasing Nintendos deep seated sense of guilt for not finishing Zelda U yet and destroying my faith in everything which is good and pure!
Which makes me wanna drown things, but tomb raider wasn't released on wii u :-(

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

@Dark-Luigi I fully blame adding 3DS players to Miiverse for ruining it. Before when it was just the Wii U players, there was constructive and thoughtful posts. Now it's just whining and complaining and incomprehensible posts. Please fix this Nintendo, I used to use Miiverse a lot!

SakuraHaruka

SakuraHaruka said:

Very good, and yes, some comments that will appear will be quite annoying, however, I personality, I have experience seeing that kind of comments (and worse), so, I don't worry that will come.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I liked the E3 Nintendo Miiverse community at first, and in concept, it should be fun and constructive. However, there will be nonsensical posts, especially after the Digital Event when people will complain about games they didn't see get announced and poo-poo the event as a result. Although it wasn't as bad because there were fewer users, It was almost painful reading the E3 2013 community after the E3 Direct, so much that I was glad when the community was finally closed. I don't want to think about if it will get worse now that there's more users as a result of 3DS Miiverse. Still, I'm glad to see this come up.

However, through experience on Miiverse such as the nonsencial Super Smash Bros. community, I'll learn to tune those silly posts out and focus on whatever few good posts and drawings there are.

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

I dunno, I'm happy to see it. I had fun last year reading through everyone else's hopes and thoughts. Although that was back when we had a 100-character limit and when 3DS wasn't around so I can only hope this year is as enjoyable.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

It's the comments section on this story that is already half full of nonsensical rambling and stupidity. You all shouldn't be so quick to judge.

HappyMaskedGuy

HappyMaskedGuy said:

I think it's a great thing. The Wii U has a strong online community spirit, a shared enthusiasm, more so than any of the other consoles- comparitively barren, soulless deserts of bashing each other's mamas.

Rock on with the intelligent, nonsensical and downright dumb expectations for Nintendo at E3!

King47

King47 said:

So the digital event is at noon eastern time? That's my lunch break. Do we know how long it is?

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Oh man so the Smash tournament is at 7AM for us central europeans?
12PM is doable though :P But I guess I won't be watching smash live...although I kinda want to stay up all night and watch everything...its the best time of the year (besides the holiday season of course).

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

wow i wonder what the games they will tell us at E3 the secret ones :)
Hopefully Metroid, Starfox, Zelda, F-zero all for wii u :)
I am so glad wii u sales have picked up with Mario kart :) that means they won't dump the console so quickly and make more games.

HappyMaskedGuy

HappyMaskedGuy said:

@Luna-Harmony I've got my fingers crossed for some Metroid, and I am also confidently predicting an unveiling of Twilight Princess HD.

Also an extra series of downloadable cups for Mario Kart 8, hopefully including both N64 Banshee Boardwalk and Bowsers Castle.

And Smash Bros Melee HD, purrdy p-p-p-please? :)

Mr_Video

Mr_Video said:

Like everyone above, I wish that there were actually good, thoughtful comments posted on Miiverse rather than fart jokes and other nonsense. Now all I use Miiverse for is to check Sakurai's daily Smash posts and to look at a few good drawings.

Mr_Video

Mr_Video said:

@HappyMaskedGuy I'm hoping for some Metroid too, as I've been meaning to give the series a try for a while now, though considering past years I'll be keeping my expectations in check. I can't say I'd put money on either of your other two predictions though, an HD Twilight Princess and Melee would kind of distract from Zelda U and the new Smash. Which is obviously something Nintendo wouldn't want to do right now.

HappyMaskedGuy

HappyMaskedGuy said:

@Mr_Video Exactly- I'm predicting the things you wouldn't expect nintendo to do at E3, because we all know from bitter experience that nintendo almost never unveil what we want or expect from them! Lol.

Perhaps a direct sequel to Link Between Worlds? Or Majoras Mask Part 2? Hey you, Raichu?
Some lessons for the Art Academy Sketchpad would be nice...

A big part of the West's presentation will be Tomodachi Life I bet.

Then we can all slump bak into a resigned sense of underwhelmed-ness.

Love E3 ;)

HappyMaskedGuy

HappyMaskedGuy said:

@ModestFan93 Pokemon Snap 2? With AR capabilities that work with the NFC characters- go on a pokemon safari in your home!

Iv still to play Colosseum, however I have heard many good things. I bought it years ago! More games than sense :/