Japanese Airline Offering Limited Time Pokémon-Themed Travel Deals

Posted by Liam Doolan

Fly with Pikachu and friends this summer!

All Nippon Airway’s 2014 summer travel campaign is currently inviting Pokémon fanatics and their families to join Pikachu and company on a “one-of-a-kind” journey.

Trainers who fly from Tokyo’s Haneda Airport to Sapporo’s New Chitose Airport between July 17th and August 3rd — or Okinawa’s Naha Airport and Nagoya’s Chubu Centrair International Airport on August 30th — will have the chance to fly in a Pokémon-themed jumbo jet, view a special in-flight animated short (this year's film: Pikachu, what kind of key is this?), stay in hotel rooms decked out in cool Pokémon paraphernalia and even score freebie toys.

Take a look at the promotional video for this limited-time offer that promises to create many wonderful memories, and let us know if you would like to fly with Pokémon.

And if you’re really eager, flight details are listed below:

July 17 – August 3:
ANA51, ANA63, ANA73 (Tokyo → Sapporo)
ANA54, ANA66, ANA78 (Sapporo → Tokyo)

August 30:
ANA302 (Naha → Nagoya) (flight time: 11:45 AM-1:50 PM)
ANA307 (Nagoya → Naha) (flight time: 2:35 PM-4:45 PM)

[via en.rocketnews24.com]

2Sang

2Sang said:

This is a really weird promotion but I can appreciate its unique idea.

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

Meanwhile, the rest of the world will have to settle for cheap toys at McDonalds. I'm not complaining, except the part where Japan's promotion is way better.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

ha ha, that's awesome, I wonder what the inside of the plane will be like. If that is Pokemon Themed or not

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Reminds me of one of the planes you can see taking off at the Sunshine airport on Mario Kart 8 (wrong characters of course but still looks similar). In fact, lets get some Mario themed plans in the US

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

And this is why I love Japan. I've always dreamed of travelling on one of these planes. Too bad I won't be this time.