E3 2014: Nintendo Launches 30% Off Discount Bonanza on the Wii U and 3DS eShop Stores

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Mario, Sonic, Zelda, LEGO and Yoshi games included

With E3 2014 now into the swing of things, Nintendo of America has launched an enticing 30% discount promotion on multiple major titles on both the Wii U and 3DS. The discounts have been applied to franchises that are prominent in Nintendo's show, with Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Yoshi and LEGO (courtesy of LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham) making appearances.

The following games have been discounted, and they'll be available at these lower prices until 08:59 Pacific / 11:59 Eastern on Monday 16th June.

Wii U eShop

Super Mario Bros. — $3.49, normally $4.99.
Sonic Lost World — $34.99, normally $49.99

The Legend of Zelda — $3.49, normally $4.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame — $20.99, normally $29.99
LEGO The Hobbit — $20.99, normally $29.99
LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey — $13.99, normally $19.99
LEGO Lord of the Rings — $13.99, normally $19.99
Yoshi — $3.49, normally $4.99

Thanks to Maelstrom for the heads up.

ogo79

ogo79 said:

@Moose_4
"These offers are only in North America, with no equivalents at present in Europe. Are any of you planning to pick up these deals?"
did you read the whole thing above?

smikey

smikey said:

Doesn't make much difference if the sale comes to Europe or not for me I already own them all.
Would have loved more vc to have dropped today on the e-shop but maybe by the end of e3 with a bit of luck.

wober2

wober2 said:

Man nintendo always has the worst sales... These are not really impulsive worthy prices. I will pick up the yoshi gba game though :)

2Sang

2Sang said:

I was hoping for some games I didn't have, but whatever. Starfox is in the works and a non-ww zelda was confirmed. I'm happy enough.

Vriess

Vriess said:

Nothing for Europe? I own most of those titles already... Oh man, 30% discount on Super Mario 3D World would have been sweet. Too bad that ain't gonna happen :S

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Damn, I was really hoping to see A Link Between Worlds and possibly the Super Mario Land games on sale! I guess I'll just have to buy them at full price.

burninmylight

burninmylight said:

@wober2

Yeah, they should be 50 percent off if they really want people champing at the bits. I'll go ahead and get Ocarina of Time 3D and Yoshi's Island, but only because I knew I'd be getting them anyway. I'm not led to go out of my way for anything I wasn't planning on.

Gioku

Gioku said:

Bah, was hoping for Kirby Triple Deluxe to be in there... aw well.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

It's a great sale for new owners... but a lot of us probably have these titles already. Still, props to Nintendo for giving it a go!

outburst

outburst said:

I still haven't bought Zelda VCs as I'm not sure if I'm gonna get them on my Wii U or in 3DS when I finally buy one. I'd like to get all 2D Zeldas on 3DS TBH.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

Dang, a few good choices but I can't decide, I'm so busy with MK8 and Tomodachi...

Nintendofan83

Nintendofan83 said:

Nintendo is really stepping up the sales and promotions lately. It's nice to see! The MK8 promo was great (picked up WWHD) and now I'm tempted to be spend $20 to pick up some VC games for my Wii U.

Nintendofan83

Nintendofan83 said:

Nintendo is really stepping up the sales and promotions lately. It's nice to see! The MK8 promo was great (picked up WWHD) and now I'm tempted to spend $20 to pick up some VC games for my Wii U.

Nintendofan83

Nintendofan83 said:

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

that Nintendo things Ocarina of time 3D at 27.99 its an awesome discount is one of the reasons the company is clearly out of touch... they had a great E3 but then Reggie at IGN and this and you see yahp... they are still the same clueless Nintendo

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

Nope I'm in Europe... and even then, the games I would pick up I already own. Now if they could discount UnEpic... now that would be epic!

rjejr

rjejr said:

Glad I didn't buy Lego Hobbit.

And I'm guessing that WW HD sale might have something to do w/ people picking it up free w/ MK8.

Still, good timing for a sale w/ all those E3 vids on the eShop. The Wii U eShop really is so much better than Wii.

millarrp

millarrp said:

I might get ocarina of time 3D so I can lighten the number of physical games.

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

Sad it's not for Europe......on the other hand I'm not to keen on the selection. The vc options look best and I can wait for those. Good news for Mario/Zelda fans in the US of a though =)

Marshi

Marshi said:

No eu love? Dont think id love eu with how weve treated nintendo lately but still!

SeVok

SeVok said:

Thanks a lot Nintendo for not including Europe.
It seems out money is not appreciated.

Ryno

Ryno said:

I will be picking up Yoshi's Island. Got to get VC games on sale during those rare times they are at a discount.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Vriess 30% discount is not far off the price that you can just get it from cdkeys.com (£37 instead of £35 which would be 30% off).

Tritonus

Tritonus said:

Sonic and Wind Waker for me! Thank god I picked W101 as my free game from Mario Kart, was going back and forth between those three games.

Omg games blowout, don't have time to play it all, still working on Pikmin 3 and MK8, (and ACIV and Splinter Cell)!

freaksloan

freaksloan said:

I think I might get Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on Wii U - I have it on Xbox 360 but I hate that damn thing and never touch it.

My son wants The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and its cheaper than I have found it anywhere online, so maybe I might pick that up also.

Iggly

Iggly said:

The Yoshi's Island game looks pretty neat, I only got 10 dollars and I was planning on using it to buy the Mario Golf DLC once I buy the game. Although that sale... do you guys think I should pick up Yoshi's Island?

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Everything on the list I either already downloaded or don't want... :p

EDIT: I may download LoZ for Wii-U (I already got it free on 3DS as part of the Ambassador program).

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

Pretty good sale. Most of these games are cheaper than you can find on amazon with the sale.
Grabbed Yoshi's Island. :D
Everything else on the list that I'd want, I already have. Considering getting Sonic Lost World, but I wasn't diggin' the demo. Maybe I'll try it again to see how I feel?

elstif

elstif said:

This was too good to be true
"These offers are only in North America, with no equivalents at present in Europe" Of course because we are already getting great deals like:
The legend of Zelda for 4,99€ or 7$