E3 2014: Check Out These Videos of Masahiro Sakurai's Roundtable and the Super Smash Bros. Invitational

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Because we always need more Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS has been a focal point of E3 for Nintendo, unsurprisingly, with the live Invitational Tournament being a stand-out event, while Masahiro Sakurai also revealed Pac-Man in a developer's presentation.

Nintendo has now produced handy highlight videos of both, ideal if you couldn't watch the two hour live tournament, in particular. You can check out our own written summary of the Super Smash Bros. roundtable too, but check out the videos below and let us know what you think.

Related Games

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

I thought it was weird that Pac-Man wasnt revealed in the Digital Event.

Nintendaholic

Nintendaholic said:

korean dj (rosalina) deserves an award for walking into mega mans final smash because everyone was going crazy and really wanted to see it. great man right there.

Tritonus

Tritonus said:

Masahiro Sakurai seems like such an awesome guy. Cool, calm, friendly, sarcastic, serious and funny all at once.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

October 3rd can't come fast enough.
Also, has Nintendo confirmed if amiibo will be used in Smash 4 3DS? I know the amiibo product will be released for 3DS, but I am unsure if they have said Smash 3DS will support amiibo.

link3710

link3710 said:

Does anyone have a full version of the image with 33 characters from the first video?

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

The art for Pac Man w/ the characters' 8, & 16 bit renditions is the background is cool. I'm glad PM is not in a mech. It would not suit Smash.

FilmerNgameR

FilmerNgameR said:

Ooh! I want to receive a trophy from Reggie too! But my body isn't ready yet for tournaments. sadness :(

Inkling

Inkling said:

Pac-Man reveal.... I could hear OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMANYESYESYESYES

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

What about Travis Touchdown or Bayonetta? We can't get interesting characters like that but sure we can have Pac-Man.

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

@MrGuinea
Of course I know how big Pac-Man is. That doesn't make him any less interesting. You should be careful about making blind assumptions, they don't make you look too bright.

MrGuinea

MrGuinea said:

@grimbldoo
I'm just saying it makes more sense to add a gaming icon then one anyone has hardly heard of even if they're more "interesting".