Capcom and Treasure Team Up Again for Gaist Crusher Sequel

Posted by Jowi Meli

Don't hold your breath for a Western release

Back in January, we took a look at Capcom's Gaist Crusher. Developed by renowned Japanese game studio Treasure, the title — perhaps most accurately described as Diet Monster Hunter — is part of a multimedia franchise spanning manga, anime, and a line of collectible toys.

Gaist Crusher met with a lukewarm reception (our own Import Gaming Expert found the game well below Treasure's usual standards), but Capcom is keeping the franchise in the fight with a sequel: Gaist Crusher God, due 4th September — less than a year after the original's December 2013 release.

In the trailer below, Capcom puts on display more of the franchise's fast-paced, shounen-shouting antics; with such a short span between titles, it seems reasonable to suggest this won't do much to change up the big-baddie-battling formula introduced in the original. As before, up to four players can participate in cooperative play, and characters from the first game can be imported for use in Gaist Crusher God.

With middling sales being the catalyst for such a quick sequel, it should come as no surprise that Capcom has yet to announce either Gaist Crusher or its successor for Western release. Are you interested in seeing Capcom and Treasure's collaboration come to North America and Europe?

[via siliconera.com]

shinokami

shinokami said:

The less money they get from me the quicker they will die so no I won't get it

Raycon

Raycon said:

This game that sold so poorly the first time gets a sequel.

Next time someone tries using "sales" as an excuse for no new Mega Man games, Imma point you right here.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

Still reminds me of Saint Seyia. A game developed by Treasure is worth trying out IMO. Well, since this is likely not coming to the US I won't be playing this anytime soon. :/

FragRed

FragRed said:

@Raycon You make it sound like Capcom understand what people actually want, and how the whole "sales" thing actually works ;)

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Bangai-O, Radiant Silvergun, Gunstar Heroes, either Sin and Punishment or Astro Boy would yield better releases.
And sequels to any of those would be a better idea than another Gaist Crusher.
Then again, I'm surprised Capcom still has the nerve to drag Treasure down with their sinking ship. Why not a Looney Tunes, Rescue Rangers, Lion King or Aladdin remakes with Way Forward?
It's just as ridiculous, the only difference being I'd actually support that.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Looks nice and all but how about Treasure get off their lazy backsides and release their HD versions of Bangai-O, Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun on more than just Xbox Live! Lazy sobs.

c1pher_c0mplet

c1pher_c0mplet said:

@shinokami THIS so much! I hate to sound like a hatemonging troll but I also hope Capcom dies, FAST. I wish they'd just go away like a long time ago.

@Raycon Totally. I'm still fuming about them totally dissing fans regarding Mega Man Legends 3. (Love that avatar btw :))