Wacky Physics-Based Puzzler Gravity Badgers Releasing 29th May

Posted by Jowi Meli

Grow out your mullet in celebration

Wales Interactive's utterly zany physics-based puzzler Gravity Badgers will be making its way to the Wii U eShop on 29th May. Nintendo Life had a little chat with Wales Interactive's Managing Director David Banner back in January; the team, excited by the possibilities offered by the GamePad, is also working on a Wii U version of dsytopian sci-fi adventure Master Reboot.

Gravity Badgers was largely inspired by 1980's-era animation; from the music to the designs of the titular heroes, there's no doubt the development team sat through a few episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in their day. Besides all that, what better soundtrack could a gamer ask for while controlling rocket-propelled space Mustelidae than the self-proclaimed "thumping mullet rock" theme actually performed by a local Welsh band called City Circus? The answer: there is no better soundtrack. Check out the video below to get a taste of this delectably deliberate camp creation:

Will you be waking up to catch this Saturday-morning cartoon that never was? What do you think of the blast-from-the-past soundtrack featured in the game? Let us know in the comments!

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

That trailer has some serious throwback 80s hair band sounding music to it. Looks fun enough.

jariw

jariw said:

@the_truth Scram Kitty (that was released last week) was developed for the Wii U, if exclusive titles are the only thing you ever want to play. And would SQUIDS Odyssey that appears this week be called a port from 3DS, even though the 3DS version appear afterwards?

MrV4ltor

MrV4ltor said:

@jariw Squidds Odyssey is actually a compilation of two mobile games, but they added a thrid campaign, just for the 3DS and Wii U versions.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

I like the look of this. So long as general reviews score it at around 7/10 or more than I'll likely get it :)

andregurov

andregurov said:

Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!

Actually it looks interesting enough to pick up.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I think both this and Ballpoint Universe are pretty awful.

I have only tried the PC versions - The iOS version of this seems quite well liked. (Ballpoint Universe looks nice though).

Blood of the Werewolf is quite good though. (Dunno when that is going to be released).

Dr_Corndog

Dr_Corndog said:

@andregurov
Today we're teaching poodles how to fly!

Anyway, this reminds me of an activity in Encarta 95 that let you experiment with the how the moon orbits the Earth by changing the moon's distance and velocity. Of course, I mostly just smashed the moon into the planet as violently as possible.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

This game doesn't LOOK fun to me, but I've been wrong before. I thought the very lukewarm-reviewed Blok Drop U looked terrible also. I ended up loving it. Post patch at least.

I guess this will all come down to price and circumstance.