Video: DreamWorks Animator Transforms His Son Into A Shell-Throwing Mario Kart Hero

Posted by Damien McFerran

Shell shocked

DreamWorks Animator Daniel Hashimoto has created a series of videos which star his son in the role of Action Movie Kid, where movie-standard special effects are applied to make his life look a little more incredible.

The latest episode couldn't be more timely with Mario Kart 8 around the corner, as Hashimoto places his son in a (shopping) kart and allows him to unleash the green shell of doom in a busy parking lot. It's a charming and fantastic piece of footage, and you'll want to keep watching to see who is behind the wheel of that truck.

[via kotaku.com]

LunaticPandora

LunaticPandora said:

Eh, I suppose the kid might get a kick out of it, but that looks like iMovie level editing. Plus the father could've pushed his son more than 2 mph. Not like he's gonna have an accident on that pavement.

mastermp2

mastermp2 said:

Cute video I was hoping for a mushroom turbo boost and the kid yelling "Wooo Hoo" and then the shell, but still nice video

Prime

Prime said:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA cracked me up when he hit the car! And when BOWSER WAS IN IT! AHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Nice one.

Hard not to laugh at those who criticize this. I'll just do it on the inside. I guess the headline set expectations a little high, but I've seen the other videos from this dad and this is right in line with them. He just does them for fun and for his son.

Lobster

Lobster said:

OK, the part with Bowser legitimately made me laugh. This was hilarious and adorable.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

@aaronsullivan I'm not sure if people were expecting him to have made Dreamworks pay a whole team money to make this on their equipment, rather than a dad just doing this at home in his spare time for his kid.

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

Does this make Nintendo more or less racist? Is this a protest video to the new battle mode? I'm confused. Lol.

BlackStar9000

BlackStar9000 said:

As a dad, and one who games with his kids, this is great, if i show this to them i know they will beg me to do something similar, and I just may! Super Smash Shopping Kart! I could get all of their cousins together in a empty store parking lot and get crazy.