This Foul-Mouthed Bomberman Clone Is Blowing Up The Wii U eShop Soon
Posted by Damien McFerran
Tick, tick, tick, tick, BOOM
Fans of explosive destruction and naughty swears will be pleased to hear that Sanuk Games has announced that its next game is due to hit the Wii U eShop in the coming months. Bombing Bastards is an attractive arcade action title which is clearly inspired by Hudson's iconic Bomberman series, and features the vocal talents of David Goldfarb, who voiced several characters in Mario Kart 8. A PS4 release is also expected in the near future.
Here's the press release:
Have a blast! Bomb oodles of nasty critters in a series of 30 wicked mazes! Defeat hellish bosses in heroic fights! Play solo, or with up to 4 friends in merciless battles! Embark on a hilarious journey with the witty Dr. Wallow to conquer the galaxy in this explosively fun arcade game!
- 5 picturesque worlds with 30 wicked mazes.
- A huge bestiary of critters to blast.
- A multitude of items and power ups to collect.
- 5 hellish boss levels whose punishing difficulty will only be matched by the satisfaction you’ll get once you beat them.
- A hilarious single-player adventure where you help the witty Dr. Wallow get rid of all the critters and become the ruler of the galaxy.
- A fully customizable battle mode for 2 to 5 players using the Gamepad, Wii Remotes, Classic Controllers and/or Pro Controllers.
- Over 10 minutes of caustic comments from Dr. Wallow, voiced by David Goldfarb (the voice behind multiple characters in Mario Kart 8).
- 7 famous pieces of classical music electronically butchered by Samuel Safa.
Given Nintendo's family-friendly nature, we've already expressed our concern to Sanuk about the title of the game. Managing Director Yan Marchal has responded by stating that Nintendo has approved everything so far, but it has not yet passed the final Lot Check. It's fair to predict that a title change will occur before launch.
We've included the trailer below which is well worth a look, but please be aware that it does contain bad language.