These Super Mario McDonald's Happy Meal Toys in Malaysia Are All Kinds of Awesome

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Penguin Mario! Boomerang Mario! Peach!

Not so long ago there was a Super Mario range of McDonald's Happy Meal toys in the UK; restaurants near Nintendo Life HQ reported increased sales to late 20s / early 30s bearded men, some of whom had no children in tow to justify their visit. We even did an unboxing.

The same wave of enthusiasm for cheap food and collectible plastic toys is set to engulf Malaysia, too, as a fresh range of Super Mario toys are available in the country from today. Importantly, they're different toys to those we recently saw in the UK, which naturally fills us with envy. As you can see above Toad and Luigi miss out in favour of Mario in various outfits, including his snazzy Boomerang and Penguin threads. Princess Peach also makes an appearance after her absence in the UK, too.

Have you had your fill of Super Mario Happy Meal toys in your country over the past year, or are you green with envy at the variations now available in Malaysia?

Thanks to Rei for the tip.

[via mcdonalds.com.my]

ROBLOGNICK

ROBLOGNICK said:

Looks like they've got the same "Mario jumping out of a pipe" that we did in the UK. The others looks great too!

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

US please! I personally loved the old N64 Taco Bell toys and promotion. I wish I could find that stuff...sadly it may have been trashed long ago by my mom. I had several of the pog like things and most if not all of the toys from that one. Yoshi was and still is my favorite.

FalconPunch

FalconPunch said:

I want Penguin Mario. Also, they should have used the chicken suit from the beta of NSMBWii. It would have been much more hilarious.

McHaggis

McHaggis said:

These look loads better than the ones we got in the UK recently, though 5. Mario with the Goal Pole puts some seriously disturbing images into one's head!

Rei7

Rei7 said:

You are welcome. Glad to share the news. I'm getting it all :)

lilpenny

lilpenny said:

Woot!! Will be getting the whole set. I'm willing to help get a few for fellow Nintendo Lifers.

paburrows

paburrows said:

I'm supprised with the big year of Luigi that theres not even one Luigi figure in that bunch, or toad for that matter.

Sherman

Sherman said:

• And for your kids, we have Boomerang Mario, Penguin Mario, Fire Mario and Stripper Mario.
  • What was that last one?
  • Fire Mario.
Samurairu

Samurairu said:

I would start eating or at least buying McDonalds for these if they came to Canada!

KodyDawg

KodyDawg said:

And here we are in the US, all we have are lame spinning top-like Skylanders toys and non-working Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures toys, courtesy of McD's and BK, respectively.

Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen said:

I'm a Malaysian but currently residing in Canada. DAMN I wanna go back home now.

DespyCL

DespyCL said:

If this makes its way to chile, it would be finally a reason to eat at mcdonalds.

MeddlingIdiotStaff

MeddlingIdiot said:

The Malaysian version of pipe Mario has a base according to the picture, maybe that means he won't be erm... pop-able?

WarioMan

WarioMan said:

Nice, good for you if you live in Malaysia. Too bad I don't eat at McDonalds or live in Malaysia.

Rei7

Rei7 said:

You can't buy them seperately in other countries?
In Malaysia you can just buy the toy without those happy meals.

haniwa

haniwa said:

Malaysian here but... Nintendo's barely known much here. Well, Mario's universal so that kinda negates that anyway. I've already got Figuarts Mario preordered though.

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

My wife enjoys McDonalds and brought me back a Mario and Luigi on separate occasions. They now stand either side of my prized Mario Kart trophy in the lounge!

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

Sweet little toys, I still remember the SMB3 stuff from the 80s. Would be nice if they brought these to NA.

JustinH

JustinH said:

Wow, some of these are awesome. Start selling these in the right hemisphere!

Iggly

Iggly said:

Aw, I was hoping to have an excuse to go to McDonalds.:( Oh well, whenever some nice Nintendo Happy Meals arrive in Canada, my body will be ready.;)

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

Man, the toys back in the days were awesome like this, Shame now they are cheap knock offs :/

MattMamba

MattMamba said:

We already got them here in the Philippines last month.. them toys sold like hotcakes.. those 8 happy meals i bought on the first day were well worth it.. :)

YorkshireNed

YorkshireNed said:

Is it true that if your kids collect them all they get a special insulin pen made to look like Link's crossbow?

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

With Yoshi they managed to make something worse than the Super Mario RPG version. The clown feet make him look the new yoshi island one though.

AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel said:

I'd go just to buy the toys, you can still do that right? It's been a while since I've been to a McD's...
That is, if they come to the US.