The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Arrives in Europe on 29th May

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Yep, that's next week's update

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap is not only an excellent portable entry in the series, but is also interesting for the fact that Capcom was primarily responsible for its development. Just this week we shared the happy news a game page listing had popped up for a Wii U Virtual Console release in North America — a benefit of the Game Boy Advance library coming to the home console — with a 'TBC' release window. It seems Nintendo of Europe has gone one better, announcing that it'll hit the region on 29th May.

Confirmed on the official Wii U UK Facebook page, we now know that it's less than a week away in the region. A title that sits near the beginning of the Zelda timeline, if that sort of thing bothers you, it features the coolest 'hat' Link's arguably ever had and is full of clever ideas. We were certainly fans when it popped up in the 3DS Ambassador Programme.

Are any of you European Wii U owners planning to pick this up next week?

eleccross

eleccross said:

I'm still waiting on battlenetwork. Plus I kind of overdosed on Zelda games a few months ago.

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

So basically four months until the NA release? Well, anything's ok as long as Battle Network comes out soon.

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

Would have totally bought this but played through it twice on my 3ds 2 years ago. Loved the music in this Zelda, kinda reminds me of some of Prefuse73 music when you go into the small forest. Love!

FalconPunch

FalconPunch said:

Good! Ninty isn't going to drop the GBA VC like they did with the NES. By that I mean 'quality control'. Now all I hope for is Battle Network and some other GBA gems. I won't be picking this up, though. I don't care for Zelda. It's not my style of game.

russellohh

russellohh said:

@KevTastic84 correct! I never mod. I got my 3ds for $207 on launch minute. After three years of daily use, the buttons needed replacing and the outside of the system was getting beaten up. Replaced it with a $95 2DS a week ago

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

I really wish they had used some kind of ambassador program to reward Wii u owners. Nice to get the free mk8 game but I'd have loved a free vc game for picking up on launch day!

smikey

smikey said:

the e-shop seems to be on a roll in europe the last 2 months by the end of may i'll have spent almost £200 in the e-shop on vc & e-shop games (no retail games) Since April 1st.

OneBagTravel

OneBagTravel said:

I hope they update it for both screens on the 3DS instead of just a port :-/

Wishful thinking, I know.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Minish Cap is awesome! It's definitely in my top 5 of Zelda games (although that may change when I finally play through Majora's Mask). Day one buy for me!

JannieW

JannieW said:

Next week in Europe, thats wonderful. I'm from the Netherlands, this game can be downloaded by me.

River3636

River3636 said:

There gonna pull a super Mario Brothers 3 in North America I just know it. I have this for the 3ds already, but I always played this one on the big screen with my gamecube so I'm looking forward to this one. North America will be waiting for a while I can feel it.

PS4

PS4 said:

@russellohh 3DS ambasador that downgraded to 2DS? lol

I have mine on my 3DS XL. I upgraded from Aqua blue 3DS. lol

russellohh

russellohh said:

@PS4 I actually like the 2DS the most. The 3DS gets those two annoying lines in the screen, and opening it and closing it often to play a game briefly felt rough on the hinges. The 2Ds is also more comfortable for my somewhat large hands- since the LR buttons are on the top of the system, , not the halfway point like with the other ones, it is actually much more comfortable. I do miss the 3D in certain games, though.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@eleccross

Yeah, they're dangerously potent and of the highest quality substance on the market. Zelda is the pure dope. Proceed with caution!

Iggly

Iggly said:

Oh hey it releases on my Birthday! ...Too bad it's in Europe though

allav866

allav866 said:

I'm hoping America will get this in next week's update too, but after how long NoA made us wait for Link to the Past, I'm not gonna let my hopes up too much.

StaticWind

StaticWind said:

Awesome! The Minish Cap is very high up there in my favorite Zelda games, if not, the top one. If it comes to NoA soon, I just might get it again, even though I already have it on my 3DS as an Ambassador. :D

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

Still playing Zelda 3DS but at least I know this will be there to download once I'm done!

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

@smikey "If only they would keep the Nintendo premium services for good & add it to 3ds purchases too it's a great way to award loyalty long term & i've already had £45 worth of free e-shop codes"

Totally! Such a shame that is expires this year.

Zeldalover

Zeldalover said:

Not in the ambassador program, and I really wanted this to come out on the 3DS. For how long are they gonna be like this? All the NES greats are now released (maybe with the exception of the RPG games like Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior III / IV). This is a game all 3DS owners need to have in their collection.

Findonovan95

Findonovan95 said:

Got this on my 3DS so I don't really need it again. Wasn't there something about DS coming to the Wii U VC? Can't wait for that! :D Providing it actually happens. :/