Swords & Soldiers HD to Invade the Wii U eShop on 22nd May

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Arriving in both North America and Europe at a budget price

After the original version established itself among the top-tier of WiiWare games, Wii U owners may be pleased to hear that Swords & Soldiers HD is due very soon — it'll arrive on the eShop in North America and Europe on 22nd May at a budget price of $2.99 / €2.99 / £2.69.

Below are the updated features being advertised by publisher Two Tribes:

• The classic Swords & Soldiers experience.
  • Playable with custom touch scheme on GamePad.
  • Playable with Wii remote on TV.
  • Multiplayer mode combining GamePad and TV.
  • High res HD graphics compared to SD Wii release.
  • The ultimate BBQ sauce.

We've been playing this one a bit already, and had positive impressions to share in our Swords & Soldiers HD preview.

Are you a fan of the original, and are you tempted to dive in with this updated version on Wii U? Let us know.

Falchion

Falchion said:

I think i will get it at that price. Partly cuz it looks decent and partly to support two tribes!

biglittlejake

biglittlejake said:

Since I have 3.60 in my Eshop balance and I haven't found anything yet. I will look into this.

PJR0cks

PJR0cks said:

Yep, I will get this too, good price, and I've never played the first one.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Don't need it but that price is too hard to pass up! Already have the other 2 Nintendo versions

AcridSkull

AcridSkull said:

Any chance of a discount for those that own it on WiiWare - a la Nintendo Virtual Console deals?

/cheeky_miser

PopeReal

PopeReal said:

$2.99????? I would have payed 10 bucks. I got at least 50+ hours of playtime invested on the Wii version. It was the 2nd best downloadable game on Wii after My Life as a King, in my opinion.

millarrp

millarrp said:

Even though I have the wii ware and iOS version (which I got for free) I definitely plan on getting this. Considering the work that they did to it the price is hard to pass up

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Wow that is crazy. I would of paid triple the price for it but get it weeks/months later. This have just got bump up to my instant Thursday buy.

Reuf

Reuf said:

@Emblem nope, that was way to difficult to implement since the code was based on our iPad version, that obviously didn't have any non-touch/pointer based controls.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

For once i cant complain abut the ridiculous eShop pricing as this game it total quality aswell has alot of life in it, thats a real bargain at that price i reckon its true value is at least double that.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Just posted 4 hours ago on the previous post that I wouldn't buy this again, but for $2.99 I might for the 2-player set-up, and b/c I can. (Dig at Sony PSN where you need to spend a minimum of $5 on CC, which in 2014 and a world of 99c apps is completely asinine. My kid wants his Minecraft skin.)

OTOH maybe they'll throw it in for 99c if you buy 2 when it comes out? Guess it all depends on my mood Thursday.

Oh and a big kudos to Nintendos eShop on the Wii U. It actually had a Target ad for the $99 2DS (clickable would have been nice but still) and an ad for upcoming games this Thursday, think it was Scram Kitty. Good to see them trying new things.

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

@Emblem I too would like pro controller support. Or at least the option to use the actual buttons on the gamepad.

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

I never played the series. It looks really cool and at that price, it seems like a good time to try it. Scram Kitty this week followed by S&S HD the following week, and then finally Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 3/Windwaker. Tooooo many games and not enough time.

BigH88

BigH88 said:

Me and my brother would play the crap out of the sd one for wii. At that price I'll gladly jump in again.

andregurov

andregurov said:

Definitely getting it at that price. I would have paid a lot more for it, so I consider that price point a nice bonus.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

I just checked at the 3ds version price of this game is $7.99 and the wiiu version is $2.99 wow. Well now i now which version im getting and that is the wiiu version cause its cheap and it looks great.