Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails Confirmed For Release on 15th May

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

That's in Europe and North America, prices also in

Update:

We've asked Dakko Dakko for pricing details, and the studio's director Rhodri Broadbent has kindly confirmed that this will cost £8.99, €9.99 and $9.99.

Original Article:

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails, from UK-based developer Dakko Dakko, has been on our radar as a Wii U eShop-exclusive title to watch for some time. Originally targeted for late last year, additional tweaking and work pushed the release to April. The more attentive among us are aware that it's now May, but the good news is that the wait for this action shooter is almost over.

Dakko Dakko has taken to Twitter to confirm the happy news that this title will arrive in Europe and North America in next week's download update, on 15th May.

We've enjoyed our time with this one in the past, even naming it as one of the biggest Wii U games of 2014 in our most recent 'Spring Edition'.

Are you keen to download this and begin your quest to rescue cats from evil mice? If so let us know.

jariw

jariw said:

This is sooooooo nice!!! I have really waited for Scram Kitty. It got a fantastic review in the recent ONM. (I'm trying to finish "Stick it to the Man" and "Child of Light" until it releases.)

Kiz3000

Kiz3000 said:

Got a great review in ONM and it was stated to be on the difficult side of things, with some challenging collectibles. Hopefully it comes out at a respectable price.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

You just made my day. And even my week.

I just wonder about the price. Not that I really mind, but I want to plan how much to add to my ewallet.

maxcriden

maxcriden said:

Thanks @ThomasBW84! I really appreciate it. FWIW the release windows for several of those games have already come and gone! Hopefully we'll see them soon!

mostro328

mostro328 said:

It looks good and different i was thinking about getting Kirby but might use the money on some eshop games instead

b_willers

b_willers said:

I had lots of fun with this at Eurogamer Expo last year. Will read the review with great interest.

joey302

joey302 said:

@kepsux pretty lacking? You guys are lucky that you have almost 60 wii u vc titles that we north American gamers don't have! :-(

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Yay! Between Child of Light, Stick it to the Man and this, it's a great time for the Wii U e-Shop. Now just give me Shovel Knight and the party will be complete for the semester.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

THAT'S. WHAT'S. UP.

And for only ten bucks? Wow- I was almost certainly expecting $15, at the minimum. They spent one year perfecting the jump. ONE YEAR ON THE JUMP people... Ya, that's my kinda game right here. Flawless gameplay mechanics. That's what I'm all about and that's what Nintendo is all about. This game is a must-buy, no question in my mind.

vonseux

vonseux said:

I'll buy this for 3 reasons
-exclusive eshop titles, give them love and support!
-arcade shooter FTW
-extra credit from digital deluxe promotion after MK8 ;)

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

finally a release date for this game im getting it on day one. Now to wait for a release date for moon chronicles and im set.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Finally! Grinsia this week, Scram Kitty next week. Hopefully Shovel Knight, Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Teslagrad, Moon Chronicles, and Treasurenauts aren't too far off.

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

Looks great, though it'll have to wait. I've still got to finish up DKCTF and Xenoblade Chronicles (on the home stretch on both, but do want to get 100% on DK), and i'm also playing to crap out of Mario Golf: World Tour right now. I still haven't even downloaded either Child of Light or Stick It to the Man yet either. I just haven't had the time or free cash to spend lately and it's been a busy last month (with even more busy to come until the end of June).

Thulfram

Thulfram said:

I am really excited about this. The developer made an absolutely unique game called The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character for the Playstation 3 and Vita! You can see it here: http://youtu.be/llV2Nvnb1VU. Created by ex-PixelJunk designer Rhodri Broadbent!

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

An eShop release with a release date is pretty rare nowadays. It seems like a lot of the devs supporting Wii U are facing delays. I could blame Nintendo and follow the trend or be realistic and say 'While similar to the Wii, many of the more anticipated titles are from new devs or those with no previous Nintendo platform experience.' I'm just hoping the continuous software drought the Wii U has had for the better part of 18 months will be alleviated this summer, but I won't hold my breath for Nintendo anymore.
Scram Kitty looks great and I'll probably get it to have another shmup on Wii U. Huge Treasure fan here, hoping for an HD Sin and Punishment or Radiant Silvergun successor. Oh, and Astro Boy GBA on the VC. GREAT licensed game, easily the best Astro Boy game ever made.

pitt_norton

pitt_norton said:

Scram Kitty, along with Cloudberry Kingdom, was one of the very few indie games featured on the Japanese Nintendo website during E3 2013. Cloudberry has since been released on the eShop, so there's a good chance we'll see this too... I hope there's an English support option though.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Hey-ull yeh. I'll be downloading this shortly after receiving my Wii U on the 30th.

ToonLink795

ToonLink795 said:

I may get this game since it's only $10. Also has anyone herd any word on when we may see shovel knights or ittle Dew getting tired of waiting lol. Been waiting for both for quite some time. Last December for shovel knights and last August or September for ittle Dew.

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

It feels like this game got delayed a lot... It's had my attention since it was first revealed, though! I might pick it up.

kepsux

kepsux said:

@joey302 There is a serious lack of western produced indie titles on Nintendo's Japanese eshops. I'd rather have new games than old VC games any day, even though both are nice to have if possible.

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

I definitely don't need this game, but I'm going to get it anyway. With all my backlog and with Kart coming out in 23 days, I would have preferred this game coming out in April instead. The reason I'm excited is because it appears to offer unique gaming with a cool character. I can't wait. I've been holding onto a eshop card, trying to be patient but I almost spent it on Rusty's and Earthbound multiple times.