Play: Mario Golf: World Tour - Results and Round Three

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Stepping up another level

It's time once again, a day behind our normal schedule, to reveal the results of the latest Nintendo Life tournaments in Mario Golf: World Tour; we'll also get the ball rolling on the next round, too.

Let's start with the winners. Last week saw NLife veteran and reviewer Marcel van Duyn — aka Drake — win both competitions, but the gentlemanly competitor has decided to vacate the crown this week, opening it up for new champions. As before the competition was fierce, and we've produced the same order as in the game where scores were tied.

Winners

5th Place — Rev — -11
6th Place — Kostas — -11
7th Place — Michael — -10
8th Place — Mario — -9
9th Place — Jonathan — -9
10th Place — Nick — -8

Congratulations to the winners. Let's kick off round 3, and below are the details for the six day NLife Open tournament (closing on Saturday 31st May) that's open right now. To access it you'll need to select "Search by Code" in the "Private Tournament" area of the Mario Golf Quick Play section.

• Code 62-8482-5663-7364, tournament name NLife Open.
  • This is 18 holes on the Mountain Course (third course in the Castle Club). Stroke Play, Auto items, coins slots disabled, coins on, Tournament tees, Normal Wind.

As before, you get to set the rules for the second tournament, the NLife Masters. We are going to mix it up again so that we choose another fresh course; we will keep Mii characters as an option due to this being the Masters, and most will have now had good time to build up their characters or, alternatively, unlock star mascot characters.

What course would you like to play? (41 votes)

Peach Gardens

22%

Yoshi Lake

15%

Wiggler Park

17%

Cheep Cheep Lagoon

15%

Bowser's Castle

32%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Which mode would you like to play? (40 votes)

Stroke Play

40%

Speed Golf

43%

Point Play

18%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Where do you want the tees to be positioned? (40 votes)

Regular

43%

Back

13%

Tournament

45%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Which characters should be available? (41 votes)

Only Mario

Only Bowser Jr.

Only Diddy Kong

Only Mii Characters

22%

All Characters Apart From Miis

29%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Which items should be available? (39 votes)

Use the 'Auto' setting

54%

One of each

46%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Do you want Club Slots enabled? (38 votes)

24%

76%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Do you want coins enabled? (38 votes)

68%

32%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Choose your wind strength (40 votes)

Weak

25%

Normal

43%

Strong

33%

Please login to vote in this poll.

We'll take the poll results at 12pm UK time / 1pm Central Europe / 7am Eastern / 4amam Pacific on Tuesday and launch the Masters with a fresh article later that day.

Don't forget, search for 62-8482-5663-7364 in the Private Tournament section to join the NLife Open. Good luck!

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

I always think I'm so funny, choosing stupid crap like "Only Daisy" or "Only Boo" yet someone else has always already chosen the very same option.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

I love these tournaments! I'll jump back in this time around as well...maybe I'll crack the top 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt_Ludby

Sgt_Ludby said:

That's me!! #7 in the NLife Masters! I know it's not even top 5 (although it would be 3rd in a real golf tourney); I'm just excited to be "featured" in an article here on NintendoLife =P

Also, I voted "Daisy Only" as well, thinking it wouldn't be a very popular choice. I was surprised!

DadOfFour1972

DadOfFour1972 said:

Much as I like playing with the Mii characters it would be nice to have a character specific tournament. vote Daisy!!!!

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

Yeah, I was a bit too busy to play this week. I'll be back next time though :p

kostako

kostako said:

Thought I should actually join up here, being a long-time visitor. Especially now I've gone and produced a couple top-10s! These have been brilliant, props :)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Congrats to those in the top 10! Some nice scores up there...

I forgot about the tourny but I'ma try to participate this week for sure. Mario Golf is mint, gotta love it!

psuboy172

psuboy172 said:

Does anyone know how a tiebreaker is decided? I tied with the same person on both tourneys and I got the lower end of the stick! Really enjoying these though!

luke88

luke88 said:

All these NL tournaments are making me want to buy this game so badly; such a good idea. Are you planning on running them for the foreseeable future?

pixelman

pixelman said:

Aw mannn, I got my first three eagles in the new open (and BARELY missed getting an albatross — the ball was moving just a tad too fast and glanced off the pin), but I screwed up my last drive and finished the final hole with a double bogey.

Sherman

Sherman said:

As Mr. @ThomasBW84 himself said, the tournaments will go on as long as the community wants them and play them, @luke88. If you are planning to buy the game, now it's the perfect time. There are official Nintendo Tournaments going right now where you get free stuff just by participating. That's another bonus to get it now.
The first getting said score gets the top position, @psuboy172. Let's say I score a -18 and I'm 10th with that, then you score the same as me, you'll be right after me in the 11th place. Then some else score -18 as well, he'll be right after you at 12th and so on.
Sadly, I only had time to play for shot periods last week, and couldn't participate in the tournament. Just speed runs of the Nintendo ones to get my free stuff. Hope to make it this week :)