Nintendo Confirms New 'Sea Green' 2DS Model

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Arriving alongside Tomodachi Life

With Tomodachi Life arriving in Europe and North America on 6th June, Nintendo has been pushing some fairly heavy marketing for the title. Commercials produced by Nintendo of America in particular have certainly been aiming for a young demographic, so it's of little surprise that a new 2DS model has now been confirmed for the region, hitting stores on the same day as the quirky Mii-sim.

It's a 'Sea Green' model, with Nintendo's press site describing it as having "a white front and back with sea green accents on the directional pad, face buttons and stylus", with the sides also showing the new colour. It'll have a suggested retail price of $129.99 when it arrives on 6th June.

At the time of writing this model hasn't been confirmed for Europe, but we'll keep an eye out for updates. Do you like this 2DS model, and are you tempted to pick one up?

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@TopLaytonsHat Indeed, I'm a little surprised at the suggestion it's also white on the back, plus the press site only had that one image you can also see in the tweet. So... yeah, not much green there!

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

I like the color scheme, but not I'm not really interested in a 2DS... I think I'd only ever buy a 3rd 3DS if they finally made a Midnight Purple XL. I've always loved the color of the regular 3DS one.

HylianJowiStaff

HylianJowi said:

Kind of wish the color scheme were reversed (green face and white buttons). Or maybe a sea green back, at the very least. As-is, the name isn't particularly accurate.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

Grr, I want them to release a limited edition XL, hope they aren't done with those, I'm waiting for the next one to finally upgrade my original 3DS!

AVahne

AVahne said:

Love it. Wish the blue-green part was lighter though.

Also, drop the price to $99.

Fandabidozi

Fandabidozi said:

I think having white or any kind of bright colour around the game screen is really distracting. So glad the 3DS is always black (as far as I've seen). Much easier on the eyes, especially when your getting on a bit...

Andremario

Andremario said:

It looks gorgeous to me but i already have a 3dsand would probably upgrade to an xl maybe? but not yet.

Jampie

Jampie said:

Sigh. Now I wish I would've waited instead of getting the Peach Pink 2DS, but oh well. :( They're both cute. Haha.

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

No dark Luigi green? It seems like that would be a more obvious choice.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Well, duh. It's not green. It's sea green, that is, a shade between green and sky blue.

mystman12

mystman12 said:

Why Nintendo?! Why did you have to make such a good looking 2DS at the same time I'm thinking about getting a replacement for my 3DS?! The 2DS would never suit me but this looks SO GOOD! Now I want the Turquoise XL from Japan even more...

StaticWind

StaticWind said:

Looks nice! I have a friend that still hasn't succumbed to getting a 3DS yet. If I can just convince 'im to get a 2DS...

mch

mch said:

Beautiful!
Personally i Love the 3D-Effects way too much though!

Splatom

Splatom said:

Please come to the UK, I'm thinking of getting a 2DS and keeping the money from my XL to get games as I don't use the 3D.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

No thanks; I'm happy with my Peach Pink/White 3DS xL... Although teal is Rosalina's signature color... :*

2Sang

2Sang said:

It looks cool, but it's a 2ds so no thank you. That is, unless I for some reason don't have enough money for a 3ds xl for when smash comes out.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@ShadJV

Ah man, there was the Pokemon editions, there was the Zelda edition, the Mario & Luigi edition... all of them very nice. And you can't go wrong with all black imo. I have an all black XL for everyday use, while my Zelda and M&L are strictly for show. Yeah, all black is nice because it matches the Wii U, and any other consoles you may own. And looks good in public if your'e waiting to catch the bus or train or whatever...

But, if you insist on getting a LE, I think we have a decent chance at seeing one with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Maybe. Hopefully.

xj0462

xj0462 said:

my god is this UGLY!!! white and mint green just don't go well together, it being a 2DS doesn't help either

PS4

PS4 said:

Torchic 3DS or 3DS XL or 2DS please!

Also Still waiting for AXE Head steel color'd 2DS. So I can display it on my wall with an axe handle and pretend its not a gaming system. :p

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

I don't like the color. I think I'm gonna go with the red 2DS.

I don't get all the hate for the 2DS. I myself can see the appeal of the 3DS graphics, but I personally do not like the 3D.

Heiki

Heiki said:

I'm not interested in the 2DS myself (happy with my 3DS XL), but it does look nice.

SeVok

SeVok said:

I'm not a fan of the 2DS, as anticpiated upon it's reveal I've seen more games with less 3D then before. Splitting the an audience by devices that differ in functionality is never a good decision in console / handheld gaming imo. They should have kept focus on the original 3DS as the somewhat cheaper alternative compared to letting die a slow death by stopping supply.

CharlieLoneWolf

CharlieLoneWolf said:

I rarely like white electronics. The Sega Dreamcast snd the PSOne are probably the only white consoles I've liked.

c1pher_c0mplet

c1pher_c0mplet said:

Anyone familiar with any retail stores that actually have a Nintendo 2DS kiosk to try out? I'd like to play with one but I've never seen a kiosk for the system (and maybe they'll never put any up seeing as how the 3DS systems tend to be more popular). I've been to places like GameStop, Best Buy, Target... No cigar.