Goodbye Galaxy Games Now An Approved Nintendo Publisher

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Studio aims to self-publish and support other indie developers

Goodbye Galaxy Games, a name possibly familiar to download fans of the DSi Shop and 3DS eShop, has confirmed that it's now in possession of a publishing license from Nintendo. Previously the studio has worked with publishers such as CIRCLE Entertainment and others to bring games such as Ace Mathician and the recent Tappingo to market.

In an email, studio owner Hugo Smits stated that the company's goal will be to not only self-publish, but also help other independent developers keen to release titles on the 3DS eShop.

From now on we will be able to publish our own games as well as games from other indie developers.

Although we will mainly focus on our own games first, we are looking forward to help other indies release their games on Nintendo 3DS eshop as well.

It'll be interesting to see what projects come from Goodbye Galaxy Games now that it's an authorised publisher. As an additional point, at the time of writing this is the last day that gamers can pick up Tappingo at 30% off on the 3DS eShop.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Congrats, Hugo. Nice to hear you are not selfish and are willing to share your new powers.

Best of luck in your future projects!

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

More people capable of publising on WiiU the better. Tappingo not my type of game, but I think anyone who likes Picross is supposed to like it.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Is the point of the other thing he made so that he can publish those games presuming they are good enough ?

faint

faint said:

My partner loved tapping and I find the essays on galaxy's blog refreshing. I will keep an eye on this developer

Windy

Windy said:

@HugoSmits Congratulations Hugo! I will be looking forward to your releases. It seriously couldn't have happened to a better guy

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

missed the sale crap!
I got wifi here but the pw is stupidly long and I'd have to update my 3DS to get sale access. Too much effort for another game that will collect dust in my 3DS's SD card. (virtual dust mind you, Basically only play 2 games on my 3DS these days...)

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Brilliant news. Very deserving guy.

Comment #11:
wait a few more weeks....

NEVERMIND THIS IS EVEN BETTER NEWS