Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! Coming Into The European Frame on 3rd July

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Photo contest confirmed with exclusive costumes up for grabs

Chibi-Robo! Photo Finder was a rather quirky, fun arrival on the 3DS in North America at the start of 2014. Its appeal can be tricky to explain as you use the system's cameras to find real-world items and colours to solve puzzles for bizarre characters — we gave it a modest recommendation in our review.

For those charmed by the concept and keen to get their hands on it in Europe, the good news is that it'll arrive in the region on 3rd July with the title Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo!. Meanwhile, Nintendo of Europe will run NostalJunk Contests with notifications through SpotPass — gamers will submit their best photos to Nintendo (through methods to be confirmed) and those images deemed to be the best by public vote will receive exclusive in-game costumes; the winner receives two while nine runners-up receive one each. Those winners will also have their entries displayed on the title's official web page.

Are you in Europe and looking forward to this one?

nostalgianinja

nostalgianinja said:

We're possibly going to be using the Social SNS share for the competitions with either a hashtag. I'd bet on that, since Miiverse would prohibit images from the app.

Very interesting, I wonder how the restrictions are in Europe and what the differences are from what Japan and the US had.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Hmm...the 1st party releases were quite freguent for a while now, eh? And it seems it'll stay like that for the next weeks (maybe even months, who knows). I think (not entirely sure and I didn't look it up) the only week without one would be the one from the 9th to the 13th, right? And that's "E3 week", so in a way we're (hopefully :p) getting some cool stuff anyway.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Took a bit of time but I'm happy it has finally got a solid release now. :)

Edit: Now will Atlus and/or Sega confirm when SMTIV is coming out in the EU.

Gnoll

Gnoll said:

I never played a Chibi game, but it sounds interesting. Maybe I'll pick it!

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

Wow I can't believe that the winners actually win something. I'd like to pick this game up at some point but right now I'm don't have enough money because of Mario Kart.

Dodger

Dodger said:

So, the photo finding part of the game, the one that sounded really frustrating due to camera quality on the 3DS, is going to be the main part of a sequel? Seems a bit strange. I am no expert on this series, but it sounds to me like the first game is very different (and better than) any of the sequels.

I would love to play it sometime, but 1st party gamecube controllers can be hard to find. My sister bought me a third party one, not knowing why I hadn't gotten one yet, so I didn't want to say anything and tried it and the wii wouldn't turn back on for a few days.

Great_Gonzalez

Great_Gonzalez said:

While this game doesn't look like something I'd enjoy (I avoided denpamen because of the AR stuff). Chibi Robo from the cube is one of my favourite games ever so i'll buy this just to support the lil guy! :D

Great_Gonzalez