Video: This New Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer Showcases In-Game Story

Posted by Jowi Meli

Kingpin featured as a prominent baddie

Activision has just released the latest trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, a story-centered preview that showcases many of the villains giving Spidey trouble this time around. Among them are the Kingpin, the notorious crime lord who's placed a bounty on Spider-Man's head; Black Cat, who is carrying out said bounty; and Harry Osborn's version of the Goblin.

As with the last Wii U adaptation of the franchise, the plot will not directly mimic that of the film. It's also worth noting that the footage above is for the console version of the game; the handheld version, due to hardware limitations and a different developer, will feature different elements.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will make its debut on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on 2 May in Europe and 29 April in North America. What do you think of the villains showcased in this trailer? Are you eager to put the smack down on the likes of the Kingpin and Kraven the Hunter?

Related Games

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

Lookin' goooowwd! Spiderman has been my favourite superhero for 8 years now so naturally I have always loved (the idea of) Spidey games, it's just never executed perfectly, I hope this turns out awesome!

erv

erv said:

If they're as good at making games as they are at making trailers this should be fun.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Gonna keep an eye on this one. Friend or Foe was good, Web of Shadows was hard to control and confusing. I have no use for the movie series reboot, but since I dont have a PS4 maybe this will scratch my inFamous itch. Will need to read many reviews.

Mommar

Mommar said:

I was at Toys R Us two days ago and saw a sign for this that said "Available Now." It was not available, nor was I able to track down the Marvel Legends Spider-Girl figure I was originally there for. Kind of a let down day.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

Got this pre-ordered already (wii u version of course)

If you pre-order it, you get a code for 4 exclusive suits and each suit has it's own perks. You get the cosmic spider, the iron spider, spiderman noir, and symbiote spidey.

Game-Over

Game-Over said:

Don't like the visuals for this game, Spiderman is a comic book character yet their is no comic book feel to this game, it has the usual cross between the movie and Grand Theft Auto look about it.

LetsGoRetro

LetsGoRetro said:

Im way more impressed with the fact that the author of this article is named Jowi, being a big suikoden 2 fan, ive always wondered is it pronounced "joey" or jow like cow-y

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

It appears that when it comes to Spiderman video games, particularly the ones based on films, the great ones go in two's.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I played the last one almost solely for the story. I walked away impressed. It's interesting to see in the trailers that Kraven is actually HELPING Spider-Man instead of trying to kill him like everyone else.

Also worthy of note is the sighting of Carnage but not Venom.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@siversurfer
That really sucks not to get the bonus suits. Even if Wii U doesn't get future DLC it should at least get all the bonus launch content. It's been done before with games like Batman: Arkham Origins and Sonic Lost World. Heck even CoD did a better late than never thing and gave Wii U owners the Free Fall map.

Marshi

Marshi said:

I really hope that is wiiu footage. But unfortunately it'll be ps4 footage meaning we will have to do the usual waiting on tender hooks to see if the wiiu version is a good port or not