Video: Nintendo Shows Kirby's Silly Side in Triple Deluxe Trailer

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Tickled pink

While April's confirmed and expected mix of GBA Virtual Console games on Wii U and eShop treats will have bank managers peering with interest at spikes in payments to Nintendo, we suspect May will be a strong month at retail. The 3DS kicks us off with Kirby: Triple Deluxe on 2nd May in North America — 16th May in Europe — while Mario Golf: World Tour swings into view on 2nd May in both territories. Then we have a certain Mario Kart 8 wheel-spinning onto Wii U on 30th May.

Nintendo's publicity and marketing teams will be rather busy, in that case, and the latest video from Nintendo of America showing off Kirby's new adventure is likely to raise a smile. It's always been a series full of quirky moments and humour, and some of these have been put together in a special video. We see Kirby creeping around under a block, using an umbrella to keep volcanic rocks at bay, and being a bit raunchy with a whip. No, really.

Check it out below — are you planning to pick this up in May?

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I'm getting this on May 2nd. I expect it'll be yet another good Kirby game, but will it become a favorite? That metal snake boss battle looks pretty cool.

rjejr

rjejr said:

My 9 yr old son was very happy at the new traits, and that the trailer wasn't in japanese like the last one. He's been very excited for this game.

Are they still releasing this and golf the same day? I still don't see how that's a good idea.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Oh, how I love Kirby. I'm buying this day one. I believe the missus is planning on downloading it.

Spakiness

Spakiness said:

I've been waiting for a Kirby game ever since the 3DS launch. I am so pumped for this game! :D

Heiki

Heiki said:

Why do I even keep watching those videos? I won't be playing anything until July so I can study for exams, and yet all those great games keep coming... Argh.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I will be waiting for reviews for this one and Mario Golf. Not a big fan of either, but both have a certain appeal. I can wait, as I have a big 3DS backlog.

Milton_Burle

Milton_Burle said:

Dammit now I want this as well. Already buying Mario Golf, Ace Attorney/Layton, Pocket Football Club, Mario Kart on Wii U...the dry season is over.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Yep, will be picking this up. Haven't played a Kirby game since Amazing Mirror.

Chubblings

Chubblings said:

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. It looks amazing. It's a shame though that we (Europeans) have to wait until May 16.

Kirk

Kirk said:

The Kirby games have leapfrogged the Mario games in terms of presentation, charm and personality, production value and all-round level of polish imo.

Shame because imo the Mario games still offer the superior platforming gameplay and I'd really love to see them get this kind of love and attention in all the other presentation areas too.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@ThomasBW84 - "Kirby arrives two weeks after Mario Golf in Europe, though."

They should give Reggie's job to the EU guy then. 2 weeks apart makes a whole lot more sense than same day. Thanks.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@rjejr

Yes, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Golf World Tour both release in on May 2 here in NA. Not sure why Nintendo does that, but there has to be some benefit because they seem to do it pretty often. Zelda Link Between Worlds, Mario Party Island Tour and Super Mario 3D World all launched the same day back in November, too. Maybe it garners more attention than a single release?

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I'm really excited for this release. This could be the last great 2D platformer on 3DS (What else is there? They've done DKC and Mario- Kirby's all that's left). Likewise, the Wii U will only likely see one more great 2D platformer too, which is a shame because it's got close to 5 more years of life in it. I love me a good 2D platformer. It's a lost genre really.

BlueStar101

BlueStar101 said:

It's really obvious they made him whip Mr. Frosty's butt on purpose. Nintendo's not for kids, ya Xbots out there!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@JaxonH - Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Guess what part of Xeno I just got up to :-(

Thanks for not spoiling it the other day when I told you I was in love (at least I think that was you, could have been sinfela). I've played FF7, I kinda knew it was coming. But still, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!