Tales of the World: Reve Unitia Announced For 3DS in Japan

Posted by Kerry Brunskill

Tantalising tactical Tales!

Following on from the Android/iOS game Tales of the World: Tactics Union, the Tales of... team has now turned its attention towards the 3DS with the tongue-twisting Reve Unitia.

Details are scarce as the announcement's only just been made in this week's Jump magazine, but from what has been shown it will be another crossover spin-off game featuring popular characters like Asbel Lhant (Tales of Graces), Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia), Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia), Jade Curtis (Tales of the Abyss), Meredy (Tales of Eternia), and Natalia L.K. Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss) in a strategy RPG setting.

The screenshots below are all from Tactics Union, but they should give some idea of what to expect from the date-not-yet-announced 3DS release.

Are you a Tales fan? Are you itching to get your preorder in for a Tales strategy RPG? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via gematsu.com, 4gamer.net]

bouncer0304

bouncer0304 said:

If it ends up being like Fire Emblem awakening gameplay wise, then i'll buy it. Not played either series but any game which plays like awakening is good in my books :-)

allav866

allav866 said:

Strategy game? Pass. Let me know when Namco releases a full Tales game on the Wii U. Still sour about Tales of Symphonia HD.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'm not hopeful of ever seeing this :( Look at the huge number of Tales games on DS, PSP and Vita that never came over.

siavm

siavm said:

Since this is a spin off the chances of this leaving Japan is pretty slim.

PrincessEevee9

PrincessEevee9 said:

@allav866 Rather this be for the 3DS and Tales of Zestiria be for the Wii U

@bouncer0304 Two completely different gameplay styles. The Tales of series is a traditional jRPG.

YOU had me at Tales and 3DS. Oh my YES Jade is in. Will fully by a Japanese 3DS if this doesn't get ported.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Tales of the World? Considering the "quality" of the previous entries and the fandom-level excuse plots for throwing characters from different stories together...

Untitled

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

We really need SRPGs for consoles other than Nippon Ichi's, so yeah, bring it on! I hope it can make it to the West, even though I highly doubt it.

ekreig

ekreig said:

I love SRPGs and I love the Tales series.

That being said, I'm not getting my hopes up. If this is announced for a western release, I will eat my 3DS.

Goldie

Goldie said:

Looks like another game we probably won't be getting.
But seeing it is a 3ds one, we might just be lucky even tho its pres certainly never reached the west. ;x

Never the less, would be a lovely surprise if it'd reach us, but I won't be too hyped for it considering the chances are really, really slim.
Would so be getting it tho.~

MamaLuigi

MamaLuigi said:

This is another giant company that needs to wake up and smell the coffee. The majority of these Tales titles are Japan-only but JRPGs are selling far more worldwide. As always, if they can't provide the money for that special edition packaging they may as well make Reve Unitia an eShop exclusive.

mamp

mamp said:

every time namco/bandai do any crossover it's just so lame...

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

I just got Abyss for the 3DS and I'll also get this if its localized. That's a big if but who knows. Abyss sold well according to Baba so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Squid

Squid said:

HOLY DEMON FANG!!

Lloyd Irving? Guy Cecil? Jade Curtiss? Flynn Scifo? Judith? Yuri Lowell?

Untitled

Namco you better not wrap up all my favorite characters into one game and tell me it's Japan-only. :'(

Pixel-Perfect

Pixel-Perfect said:

I don't care. It's most likely not coming over here for one, and even if it does, I didn't really like the Tales of the World game I played on the PSP.

Thaswizz

Thaswizz said:

aaaaaahhhhhhh i hope this comes to america because it looks absolutely amazing!!!! God if only Wii U would get Suikoden VI it would be the bewt year of gaming ever:)

Manaphy2007

Manaphy2007 said:

i dont care if its tactics, i will buy it and it will be my 4th tales game on a nintendo console if it gets a north american release, right now i have 3, symphonia 1+2 (gcn and wii respectively) and abyss 3d. nintendo needs more variations of rpg's, especially wii u

DarrelltheJ

DarrelltheJ said:

I'll be hopeful for a localization. I love 3 of the Tales games I've played so my fandom level is just high enough for a crossover. I'm sad about not getting Tales of Symphony HD on Wii U and even sadder about not getting Tales of Heart R period, so hopefully Namco won't make me sad yet again.