Pokémon TV App Now Available for Kindle Fire Devices

Posted by Jowi Meli

Over 700 episodes across 16 seasons!

Pokémon TV, which débuted on iOS and Android platforms in 2013, is available on Amazon's Kindle Fire devices as of today. The app allows Pokémon fans to catch up on over 700 episodes of the popular anime series starring Ash Ketchum and his perpetual Poké-pal Pikachu.

It comes as no surprise that Pokémon TV would want to spread its availability to as many platforms as possible; the application scored well over 2.5 million installations since its launch last year. It's a great way for Pokémon fans to catch up on the latest happenings, as the content is updated weekly with new episodes, special features, trailers, and movie events. Best of all, it's completely free to download (although it should be noted that standard data charges apply when using the app on a wireless network).

Are you interested in catching up with Ash and the gang using Pokémon TV? If you already have the app, would you recommend it to other users? Let us know what you think about this convenient way to watch Pokémon anywhere!

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

cool i'm going to try and download it now. but i have an old iphone and alot of apps dont work on it so i hope this one does.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Does the Wii U eShop still have episodes? I remember seeimg them on there awhile back. Really doesnt make sense this app isnt on 3DS and Wii U. If you dont like the word app Im ok with icon, menu item, tab, whatever you want to call it as long as I have something labeled PokeTV to click on the main screen.

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

damn my phone is too old. lame. i kept my iphone after i dumped at&t so i could still play games and stuff on it but now its old and all the new apps wont work on it.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

What they don't tell you is that you can easily miss episodes. The little bunch for each region are in order but it's only 10 of them.

Shame they are missing the first season as well.

Action51

Action51 said:

@rjejr - No, those Pokemon episodes don't seem to be on the e-shop any longer, and I agree that Nintendo should add a Pokemon TV app/icon to their menu. It's a great idea and the TV show is ultimately a tool to promote the games and toys anyway.

You can, however watch just about any Pokemon episode on the YouTube App on Wii U...still, an easy to access menu item would be nice!

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

Bring it to UDS please! (Yes I fused the 3DS and Wii U together, mad?)

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Yay! I actually check the Amazon Appstore on my Kindle Fire frequently, looking for this. I can let my son use it to watch older Pokemon episodes now. It wasn't that bad since they added them all to Netflix, but this is even better. w00t w00t

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@Action51 We had Kirby TV in Europe (anyone remember that?) so it could happen. Pokemon TV is already on 3DS via Nintendo Zone, so it can't be that hard to create an app...

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I still don't get why we don't have this on Wii U...Its on so many smart devices yet Nintendo's own platforms lack it.

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

Yet another missed opportunity by Nintendo. Why there isn't a Pokemon "channel" for the 3DS and/or Wii U boggles the mind! I think Nintendo doesn't get TV and Movies. I enjoy the Pokemon cartoons but besides that, Nintendo always misses the boat when it comes to branching out their properties. With all the great animation studios, why isn't there a good quality Mario Movie? The Lego Movie was awesome (everything is awesome after all) and this proves that if a quality movie could be made about Lego blocks then a good quality Mario film could be made too. I used Mario but DK and Link could also get films.

River3636

River3636 said:

Who in the world has a kindle fire and why in the world is that not on the 3ds as an app.

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

@ryanator008
i know thats why i dumped at&t a long time ago. i hardly ever use my phone so i just got one of those cheap paygo phones. its a pretty good deal if you hardly ever use it.