Nintendo Serves Up New Videos For Kirby, NES Remix 2, Tomodachi Life and Mario Golf

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Feast your eyes

After early months this year that have seen some major releases but also some quiet release spells, at retail and on the eShop platforms, we're now entering a stretch where most weeks have something enticing to separate us from our money. This week we have NES Remix 2 on the Wii U eShop, while next week Mario Golf: World Tour will make an appearance on 3DS. Kirby: Triple Deluxe also hits North America next week — 16th May in Europe — while Tomodachi Life will keep 3DS owners busy in the week before E3; it arrives on 6th June.

Nintendo of America has used its YouTube channel to promote all of these titles in its closing videos of the week. We have the charming presenting duo of Nintendo Minute showing off NES Remix 2, while the three 3DS titles all have new trailers. We particularly like the Kirby video, which gives us a look at King Dedede's minigame in Triple Deluxe; the Tomodachi Life video shows off its unique brand of madness, too.

Check them all out below and let us know what you think.

Related Games

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Well that Tomodachi Life advert was horribly cringe-worthy. Still seems like something that'd become boring very quickly. Luckily Kirby looks great.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

This next month (well..and the reast of April ^^) will be pretty darn awesome with a 1st party game (almost?) each week and all the eShop games, that're coming throughout may.
I could still slap myself for not getting the 3DS by now, tho, because I REALLY want to get Kirby ^^

Dark-Luigi

Dark-Luigi said:

Heh, another reason I'm not getting Tomodachi Life. Ah well, I guess I can hope for Kirby, but MK8 is a much higher priority.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Mario Gold World Tour-Day One
Kirby Triple Deluxe-Month Two
Mario Kart 8-Day Two
Tomodachi Life-idk...

Starzsixty9

Starzsixty9 said:

I already preordered mario golf... but Dedede' s Drum Dash did it for me :p now I'll have to get Kirby too

StaticWind

StaticWind said:

I'd like to get Kirby: Triple Deluxe, but all of my sights are focused on Mario Kart 8 right now. Maybe I'll get it some time after.

Tops

Tops said:

Kirby is definitely the game I'm most excited for out of those.

Still not sold on whether I want Mario Golf. The demo's good but don't know how much I'll get out of a golf game.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Got NES Remix 2 yesterday. Probably getting the other two and leaving Tomodachi behind.

Takerkaneanite6

Takerkaneanite6 said:

As good as Mario 3D World, Windwaker HD, NES Remix and as awesome as Smash Bros And Zelda U will be, I believe that Mario Kart 8 will just eat up my time, both singleplayer and local/online multiplayer, Itls going to be epic...:)

IRNBRU115

IRNBRU115 said:

I reckon a pre-E3 direct in May, where they will announce what they're doing for E3, and more in MarioKart 8, things like MKTV we still don't know too much about. Maybe a game specific direct with an e3 bit at the beginning.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

Got NES Remix 2 yesterday, gonna pre-order Mario Kart 8 and I'll probably get Kirby Triple Deluxe and/or Tomodachi Life sometime later.

DinoFett

DinoFett said:

Considering what I've seen on You-tube and elsewhere it seems as if Nintendo is trying too hard to appeal to north american life by adding celeb's I don't really have any interest in. The style of this ad is too 1980's.

DinoFett

DinoFett said:

This will not stop me from purchasing Tomodachi Life but Nintendo needs to come up with a new strategy.
The dream sequences are nice but it should of mentioned the prize that is left behind after the dream has ended.

DinoFett

DinoFett said:

How many of you live in an area where Tomodachi 'Street Pass' is useful?
Will you get more than ten street passes a day?

mullen

mullen said:

@DinoFett The prize is ... basically saying, no prize. You can get a Ninja suit after a Ninja dream, or get a balloon after the dropping dream, but that's not anything valuable (the only thing you can do with a balloon is to sell it for few money). Tomodachi Life is basically not a game, at least not a game for any purpose or goal. It's just an interactive show to muse the player and share with friends, a type of game to let you relax and laugh.
I love this game, but I can't say it for everyone. I can understand NOA because this localization must be the most challenge one in its history. But on the other hand, it's also like a gamble to make players have too high anticipation. I mean, unless players really play it for a extended length of time (and maybe discuss with friends in real life), it may be difficult to find the joy of the game. The first title of this serious (DS version) actually had a extremely low rating and selling number at the beginning, but after few weeks, players eventually thought that game was really good, and introduced the game to their friends. Eventually, it became one of the best selling games.
Btw, for this game, unless you can make sure you keep clearing all tags everyday, ten tags per day is not helpful at all (It's not like pokemon that each tag is just a counter. Here every tag is a unique Mii, moving (not copying) from other's 3DS to yours, so please be serious to him/her). I'd rather to have 1~3 per week.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I guess you could say... SHAQ'S GOT YOUR BACK. Or... Shaq Fu confirmed for Wii U...