Magmar and Electabuzz Pokémon X & Y Distribution Event Comes To Australia

Posted by Liam Doolan

From 11th April to 11th May

The recently announced Magmar and Electabuzz distribution event for Pokémon X & Y in the UK has now extended to Australian shores. The news comes as no surprise given the fact these are some of the few Pokémon events Australia consistently receives year after year, without fail.

To acquire the Kanto Pokémon, Aussies will need to visit one of the three participating retailers (EB Games, JB Hifi or Target) between 11th April - 11th May and pick up a free code. Once the code has been input into either X or Y, players must visit the Pokémon Center and collect their Pokémon.

Pokémon X owners will receive the Fire-type Pokémon Magmar, whilst Pokemon Y players will receive the Electric-type Pokémon Electabuzz. Both have the necessary items attached (Magmarizer & Electirizer) allowing them to evolve into their third forms (Magmortar & Electivire) when traded. Those fortunate enough to receive a code (while stocks last), must claim the Pokémon in their game by 30th September, 2014.

In related news, Australians and New Zealanders will once again have the opportunity to compete in the Pokémon Video Game World Championships via success in the Pokémon Video Game Australian National and Regional Championships.

No dates are set in place just yet, but an announcement of some form will be made in the coming weeks on the recently launched Nintendo Australia Facebook and Twitter pages. Stay tuned!

[via pokemonxy.com, nintendo.com.au]

Squid

Squid said:

Good for those in Australia! Hopefully this willl make it to NA, too.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Shame it's a pretty pointless event...
Two Pokemon I could catch in the Friend Safari in a few minutes and a couple of Battle Maison items, not sure if I'll bother taking the time to get them. :P

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

i hope NA gets something like this soon. but good for them even though im totally jelly. maybe i'll get lucky and get one on gts.

Die2Distroy

Die2Distroy said:

Would have taken interest if there were moves they couldn't learn normally or if there was an Electivite and Magmorite could have Mega Stones obtainable from these. lol

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

I'd get them just to say I did. Who knows, maybe they'd come in handy.
Also, Australia is getting everything today.

momoiiru

momoiiru said:

yay! For once i don't have to sit back and be jealous about all the nintendo goodies i'm missing out on :P

johndevine

johndevine said:

Does anyone know if you can get multiple codes for multiple redemptions of these Pokemon???

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

I wonder if people can post the codes online. I have X and Y, both UK versions, but can't get to the store in the time frame.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@epicdude12302 To be honest, I won't be bothered by this if it skips as I already have these pokemon AND their items. There is nothing special about them. I was hoping for the Darkrai event that is in Japan to hit NA. Darkrai is one of 3 pokemon I cannot get.

Shire

Shire said:

I've never really liked Electabuzz, so I don't mind too much that this isn't available in North America yet. And it's not like they have special moves or anything...

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I just got back from GAME and entered the two codes they gave me and got my two Pokémon! I immediately traded them to evolve them 'cause why not.
They both have Vital Spirit as their ability and come in a Cherish Ball.

Player4

Player4 said:

Hey, my birthday is on the 11th of May!
COINCIDENCE?!?! Yeah, I guess..

On topic: Good for you Australia, now you can get Electabuzz and Magmar too..

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

I have three event Celebi's (one from Llex Forest event, Zorua event, and Pokemon Bank event) and one Genesect... why does this always happen? If you're going to release another Celebi, then at least let it be a shiny...