Grinsia Heading To The North American 3DS eShop On 8th May

Posted by Lewis Childs

No news on a European release date as yet

Kemco’s well received iOS and Android title, Grinsia, will finally be arriving on the 3DS eShop next month. The port of the classic JRPG-style game is being published by Nicalis, which has previously brought us indie games such as Cave Story and VVVVVV; it's recently confirmed the release date on its Twitter account.

The 3DS version of Grinsia is said to feature improvements over its mobile counterparts, including enhanced controls, dual screen support and an all new “SNES –tastic” soundtrack.

From Nicalis’ website:

Grinsia follows a family of three treasure hunters who go out in search of some ancient ruins said to be full of untold riches. Their adventure begins with little incident, but little do they know that they’ll be caught up in a more sinister plot as the fate of the world hangs in the balance.

No pricing has yet been revealed for Grinsia and there’s also been no mention of a European release date, although we do hope to hear something in the not too distant future. With Cave Story having been recently approved for Europe and Australia, perhaps Nicalis has resolved its issues with NOE’s approval process?

Is Grinsia a title you hope to pick up when it hits the 3DS eShop? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com, nicalis.com]

slidecage

slidecage said:

Dont hold your breath HEARD ITS 19.99 to 29.99

I would not pay more then 4.99 for it

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

This is one of many games I have on my phone because they were so cheap, but which I never play because I prefer my 3DS in every way and I never get around to my phone. Kemco has way too many RPGs on Android, but I don't mind double-dipping if it helps them bring the best ones to the 3DS.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Nicalis is going too ATLUS for my taste. And I have no hard feelings missing out on this with PierSolar just around the WiiU corner.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Nicalis just took their merry time with Cave Story to prevent having to deal with all those rating boards (though admittedly, that would be understandable). I don't see how this'll become easier for them anywhere in the near future...

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Looks good but I already have way too many games I don't have time for! Maybe down the road!

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Will definitely get it as soon as I finally finish Bravely Default (great game, but DAT LATE GAME GRIND).

Andremario

Andremario said:

I remember seeing this game on google play! I bought so many other games and got so into the other games i didn't have a chance to buy this game when i had the money. I was afraid i wouldn't finish the other games i started but heck if this game is around $4.99 to$9.99 then I'm on it! I wanted this game for awhile and now it's coming to 3ds? PERFECT!

slidecage

slidecage said:

Heard it last year that it was comiing out at a FULL PRICE GAME. maybe they dropped the idea.

WHERE DO YOU SEE 7.99 ALL I can find is NO CONFIRMED PRICE

its 7.99 on Tablets maybe there is where you saw the 7.99 price

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Yes, this is my kind of RPG, definitely getting this on May 8th. Kinda surprise Pier Solar HD isn't out yet, this one be a suitable alternative til that one release.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

@slidecage All review sites state the price of $7.99 for both the iOS and Android. Also, you might want to be careful when "hearing things", because I recall no such news about a "full retail price"

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Run that. This game will be right at home on my 3DS. Keep em comin folks!

BinaryFragger

BinaryFragger said:

I never even heard about this game until now but I'll definitely be getting it. Looks similar to the older Final Fantasy games (especially IV). I can never enough old-school RPGs.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

7 days to complete Cave Story on 3DS? Should be doable.

If I don't get Golden Sun first that is. The Virtual Console and eShop are a godsend. Cross-buy/save would be instant heaven though. I admire Sony (and maybe Apple) for offering that feature.

vonseux

vonseux said:

this looks like a relly cheap game, made on RPG Maker, sorry...

at least the hand-artist is good

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

It depends on the price. Something that costs 99¢ on the App Store should max out at $9.99 on the eShop.

Andremario

Andremario said:

@ ecco6t9(lol at the name..i get it): Agreed it shouldn't be no higher than $9.99 on the eshop and i'm sure it will be only that if not $7.99 that's if kemco/niccalis don't want to alienate ehop buyers who can get it for the low on google play.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

I dont get why people are judging this based on the snes inspired graphics (which is a good thing people, come on), it's coming from Nicalis, it's good

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Certainly looks like an old-school RPG, though I guess in this case, that's a good thing. Truth be told, I'm only interested because I loved VVVVVV.

Kisame83

Kisame83 said:

I might try it out of curiosity, but I wasnt impressed with the mobile version. A lot of these older Kemco games feel like they were churned out of rpg maker in a few months. A new translation will certainly help. I'll buy it to support more- some of the newer games from Kemco are actually pretty fun to play, and a professional translation would do wonders (they are a bit engrishy)

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

Never heard of it, but it looks good. I gotta save some money for Ironfall, though. Bought so many eShop titles lately.

slidecage

slidecage said:

@Unca_Lz thanks for 9.99 price point..

Was about to buy it and found out The Denpa Men 3: The Rise of Digitoll Hits North America and Europe on 8th May HITS SAME DAY... and found out I Already have the game on my Kindle i only paid 99 cents for it......

Game also looks AWFUL as hell

will wait for a half off sale

Andremario

Andremario said:

How does it look bad again? It reminds me of chrono trigger and if that's bad then you guys and gals don't have open minds...you want the best graphics? Prepare for your gameplay to be compromised...tbh if you think it looks bad how about playing it before you judge it? Honestly should the graphics matter? How real do you want it..see sweat and armhairs? or immersive gameplay. That's what it boils down to is the gameplay. Go look for fifa2014 if you want graphics over gameplay because you might overlook a hidden gem if you are so focused on how realistic it looks. You people sound like my old friends back in the day of the bit/console wars "oooh blast processing" "better graphics" blah blah just download it and have fun quit getting your panties ruffled up..it's just a game yall.

Joygame51

Joygame51 said:

I have downloaded other Kemco games on my android tablet and have enjoyed them soooo.... this will most likely be a no brainer get it and go..for me.

Windy

Windy said:

I think this game is 7.99 on the android market. Nicalis has so far jacked up pricing when converting these games 60% to 70%. I think they will hit with a 14.99 to 19.99 on Grinsia which for me I will save my money for The Denpamen 3 and totally better quality RPG. I'm also picking up Tomadachi life soon and Grinsia is really getting moved to the back of the line. I will wait and see and price. I doubt I will buy this one after playing the android version.

legend_of_Shawn

legend_of_Shawn said:

Looks kinda like Chrono Trigger (in the looks department) but qualitywise, we'll see. I think I'll a wait for a couple of reviews before I decide to get it or not.

Andremario

Andremario said:

@ legend_of_shawn: I agree it looks like chrono trigger(just completed my first playthrough yesterday)but i get the feeling people are trying to say that even those graphics suck which i totally disagree! I like chrono trigger and as long as grinsia plays as fun or as close as you can get then i'm on board! I like jrpgs and rpgs alike so as long as it's $10 or under it'll be an insta buy for me!

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

This seems like a rather generic JRPG to me- I still have Bravely Default to finish. If this one is good and stands out, cool, but it seems like retro JRPGs are coming out left and right. Does this one stand on top?

komodo182

komodo182 said:

I would prefer it on the Wii U, so I won't be picking it up yet (just finished bravely default and advance wars. I still have golden sun and mario saga to beat).