Feature: A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Screens - Issue Thirty Three

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Metroid! Samus! Smash Run! Direct!

It's Mond... TUESDAY, which means its time to look at what happened in the world of Super Smash Bros. on Miiverse last week. We're a day late due to some different scheduling this week but we hadn't forgotten — we never forget this feature.

Last week was a big one for these two games, with an almighty Super Smash Bros. Direct revealing plenty of info — hit up our ultimate round-up for full details. That event did somewhat disrupt Masahiro Sakurai's normal posts on the Director's Room Miiverse community, which is reflected in this week's update. On 8th April the text was a long message plugging the broadcast — so we've only posted the screen — while on 9th April the post was the Nintendo Direct video.

That does leave us with less screens at which to gawk, but they do include some new features shown off in the Smash Bros. Direct. Check them out below, and you can click on the date heading to visit the Miiverse posts in question and give them a Yeah.

7th April

8th April

9th April

10th April

11th April

Some nice screens to consider this week. Let us know what you think in the poll and comments below, though the Direct video is excluded from the voting as, well, it has an unfair advantage.

What's your favourite Smash Bros. screen this week? (333 votes)

A creepy Metroid threatens doom for the town

24%

Pikachu doesn't know which package to open first

14%

Samus and Zero Suit Samus threaten to cause a rift in time and space...

44%

Pit tries to make sense of Smash Run mayhem

12%

Um, I can't decide

To be honest, I don't like any of them

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

WreckItRyan

WreckItRyan said:

When I first scrolled through the article, I thought we might be able to vote for the Nintendo Direct.. if that were the case, I'm confident it would have been no contest, haha.

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

So far I'm the only one to vote for the smash run picture. I am quite looking forward to it and I'm hoping that the Wii u has its own unique mode.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I voted for the Smash Run pic. Smash Run was the best part of the Direct for me.

rjejr

rjejr said:

They should put a moratorium on Wii U pics until after the 3DS version releases in the next few months. Or at least a Wii U release date or some big info about a new single player mode or something. I only have so many cheeks to turn.

meatbinbanquet

meatbinbanquet said:

@rjejr totally agree....I don't want to see another thing about it unless there is a release date. Bearing in mind I have had it preordered since last winter im totally losing faith

whodatninja

whodatninja said:

@rjejr Yeah it's puzzling why they show so many Wii U pics when it's not even close to release. Sakurai is the worst troll!

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

Had to vote for the Metroid screenshot, since that's one incredibly detailed model they've made for it!

Rafie

Rafie said:

Zero Suit Samus for 2 reasons. I will not disclose those reasons. Use your imagination. :)

StaticWind

StaticWind said:

Voted for the Metroid pic. I'm very fond of how it looks. Reminds me of the one I have in New Leaf. :D

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@rjejr

If they stop putting Wii U pics, you would see dumb people asking: is the Wii U version cancelled, hence the "delay"? First Watch Dogs now Smash too?

I do hope they announce more of its exclusive content soon, though.

NextChannelGame

NextChannelGame said:

I think you guys forgot this but Nintendo release 410 pictures of new screen shots of Super Smash Bros for U/3DS. You can find a video of them on Gamexplain

noctowl

noctowl said:

Samus always gets my vote. Always.

I dont have any interest in smash run. I want to fight, not spend 5 minutes goofing around.

Fabaroo

Fabaroo said:

The Samuses aren't gonna break time and space.
Obviously, the one in the power suit is the SA-X.

epicdude12302

epicdude12302 said:

No wonder this game is taking so long! just look at some of the HD art and detail that's being put into the Wii U version!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@sinalefa - " is the Wii U version cancelled, hence the "delay"?"

OK, good point, clearly I need to give this some more thought:-)

jord91

jord91 said:

looking really good ,both just need a decent single player mode(which im sure it theyll get),and the wii u one needs more graphical polish to give it the wow factor it currently lacks and differentiate it from brawl on wii ,which it seems to look not much better than unless compared to side by side. (the pikmin stage looks particularly low res).im excited though an im sure itll look better come release.
p.s will probably get both versions ;)

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

Hoping the Wii U version has a "Play As Melee" unlockable, where the speed and minutia are tweaked so the game plays like Melee.

Anyway, The Smash Brothers documentary has a Kickstarter for a sequel for anyone interested.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

That box.... has wheels... I wonder if you'll be able to push it down the stage so it hits someone now. lol