Curtain Call Brings The Cute With Static Arts Mini Range

Posted by Kerry Brunskill

Moogle, Chocobo and... Squall?!

With Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call's Japanese release date now mere weeks away Square Enix has started to get the full weight of its formidable merchandising arm behind the game, with this three piece "THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY STATIC ARTS mini" set no doubt the first of many similar figure releases.

The set contains three unposeable figures, with Final Fantasy VIII's Squall being the tallest at 7.2cm in height. Theatrhythm-style Moogle and Chocobo figures round out what is an admittedly odd trio, but considering the popularity of all three we don't doubt that gamers worldwide will be clamouring for them when they release in August this year priced ¥2800 — approximately £16 / $27 USD.

Are you running off to preorder a set or are you hoping another character gets the Static Arts treatment? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via 4gamer.net]

Squid

Squid said:

Ohmigodthatiscute. Seriously.

Also, Squall's face looks kinda like Pikachu's. :3

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

That's neato. I hope they make ones for the other characters. I wonder why they chose Squall? He does look pretty pimpin', though.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'ld buy that for my wife, seems like the set would look cute on her desk at work.

spyro202

spyro202 said:

In japan, the most popular final fantasy were V and VIII so no wonder they choose chocobo and Squall! Personnaly, I prefer Squall than any other hero followee closely by Zidane!

AkinaChan

AkinaChan said:

Awwwwwwww! They remind me of Nendoroid figures! They should make Final Fantasy Nendoroids! They made ones for Persona 4, and theyre adorable! **><** Behold the cuteness:

Kmno

Kmno said:

Hoped they made them with some kind of articulation. Oh well maybe I'll buy one or two.