3DS eShop Exclusive Nintendo Pocket Football Club Will Be On Special Offer Until May

Posted by Damien McFerran

Become a sporting legend for slightly less cash

Nintendo Pocket Football Club — the European localisation of the Japanese title Calcio Bit — is almost with us, and Nintendo has revealed that the game will launch at a special reduced price this month.

Early adopters will be able to pick up the soccer management simulation for £10.79 until May 1st, when the price will rise to the standard £13.49.

The game sees you take a team of also-rans and transform them into one of the world's finest footballing sides. You can train and trade players, as well as tinker with your formation and tactics to ensure success on the pitch. The game will also feature online modes, and you'll be able to see how you stack up against other players by taking part in ranked matches. Your standing will be displayed on the official Nintendo Pocket Football Club stats website, which will go live shortly after launch.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club launches exclusively on the 3DS eShop in Europe on April 17th.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

So no Rusty for Europe regions, but no Pocket Football for NA?

I will be getting this. Looks fun.

LostHeaven

LostHeaven said:

So much the better: I was going to get it on day one anyway!
Pretty odd to see a game being discounted at launch for no apparent reason, but I'll take it.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I'll wait for the review but will most likely get it during the promotion anyway.

kingc8

kingc8 said:

Yeah, there's really no need for a discount out the gate. I've been waiting for this game since it was announced. Honestly, if this was a retail release, I'd snap it right up.

I suppose we should count ourselves lucky this isn't "Mario Super Soccer Manager!".

I'm disappointed by Nintendo's sketchy confident in this title, - to me at least, it's the most interesting game in ages.

spizzamarozzi

spizzamarozzi said:

I thought it made more sense to discunt it when football fever will strike for Champion League final and the World Cup. However, it was a day-1 purchase for me all along, so I'm happy I can get it with a discount (full price seems a bit too dear in my opinion).

gsmaciel

gsmaciel said:

I have no idea of how this game plays, but I'm very inclined to buy it because of the visuals alone. (Being made by Nintendo also helps)

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Nintendo should re-start their sports line. Sim style, not mascot style. Same as Sega sports attempted in the nineties before selling the titles to 2K.
Ice hockey on the NES is a quality title for its age, smash football controlled well, could incorporate motion control for some with wiimote. With EA hogging the sports light I'll miss on loads and so will millions more on what is the best format for sports titles.
Being able to make instant tactical decisions, (strategies, substitutions, line changes, audibles etc etc) on the gamepad while the game continues in motion with full citron retained is a massive leap forward in sports sims that everyone is missing out on.
Bring sport to wii u!!!!!!!!

ECMIM

ECMIM said:

While I'm sure we're getting this at some point, let me be another American voice stating/reinforcing that we'd really like to see this at some point, NOA, if, for some bizarre reason, you're thinking of skipping us.

ashlyquin

ashlyquin said:

POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR! POCKET SOCCOR!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Getting this in North America means getting it in Latin America, where Soccer is insanely popular. Brazil is hosting the World Cup in a couple of months, for crying out loud.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

That's insanely priced. It looks like a clone of Pocket League Story which is 69p. I can't imagine it being better than that game.

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

Been waiting for this game for quite sometime. I really do need something to take me away from SUB WARS, I`ve also been waiting on price details, so thanks NintendoLife for the news.

A lot of time (6 years) and effort has gone into making this game. Football sims over the years have got so detailed, they seems to have forgoten what these games are all about.

I have a good feeling about this from seeing the Jap release do well . Together, with the great reviews the game got there. I am very happy with the price and did expect it to be around this price.

I would expect a lot of time will be spent on this by me, when I get it next Thursday. A £10 for at least a few hundred hours of gameplay, sounds pretty good to me. A few of my mates are getting this too and can`t wait to swap players and play against them.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

As a european with an U.S. 3DS I'd also like to see this in the U.S. store. It's digitally only anyways and already localized for Englisch speakers .... so what excatly seems to be the problem ?

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Meh, I'm not a fan of manager games, and much less of football. Maybe a good review might spark some interest.

MouldyK

MouldyK said:

So I have:

• 3rd April: Advance Wars for Wii U.
  • 10th April: Kirby and the Amazing Mirror for Wii U.
  • 17th April: Nintendo Pocket Football Club for 3DS.
  • 25th April: NES Remix 2 for Wii U.

...NINTENDOOMED!

arkady77

arkady77 said:

@kingc8

yeah me too. i think this game has been in development for a long time. day one purchase for me. i think being eshop only is good. this will be a perfect on the go sim to not have to worry about packing the cart.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Seems a tad expensive, no? Not that it will affect me in any way, since chances of this coming to the Americas seem slim right now. :/

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Not really into football. Too chavvy for my liking.

Even if I were, I'm not sure I'd pay£13 for a handheld football game that has pixel art graphics.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

@Gunblade_Hero Same reason there is yet to be European versions of Devilish Brain Training, Chibi Robo and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Different Nintendo subsidiaries prioritise different games.

Anyway, considering the North American region includes Brazil it seems like it should be released some time soon. But then again, NOA doesn't care enough about Brazil to even open the Wii U eShop over there.

dwuuuu

dwuuuu said:

yeah, will buy !

not played a football management game before , so i can't wait !

mch

mch said:

I miss all sorts of Manager games! (Ice Hockey would be to good of a dream I guess) I might get this if it gets reasonable reviews.

noctowl

noctowl said:

I'm not sure why other americans are surprised. Pretending that soccer is popular in the states isn't going to make it so. I love baseball, but i know its no NFL.

With that said, I would think a digital release would be low-risk enough to release it here for people who are fans. I was not a fan of golf until I played a golf game on the original DS. With a good price I'm sure they could make some money, and probably some soccer converts.

Thats-what-she

Thats-what-she said:

This looks so charming!
Why no US release?? Football/soccer is the overall most-played sport in North America!

cmk8

cmk8 said:

I'm really hoping for something along the lines of Championship Manager 93 (back when wednesday were good and the game was simple) but I fear I'll be disappointed.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I'll add to the chorus of North Americans wanting to play this game. I'd prefer Nintendo Pocket (American) Football, personally, but I bet the fluidness of soccer makes for a tighter, faster experience of simulating the games. This is likely how I'd enjoy a soccer game, instead of direct control over one player on the field at a time. Do it, NoA!

(Now back to Rusty. SO GOOD.)

kalipso3

kalipso3 said:

Great news! I feared it will be more expensive. Hope it won't be as simple as Pocket League Story, which seems really detached from actual football management in my opinion (it also is not 69p on Android - I think I got it for around 3 GBP).

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

@Spoony_Tech And you wonder why we Americans are always made fun of and hated by other countries. This is real football, not that steroid charged abomination WE call football.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

This will hopefully be huge.

Definitely will be downloading it on day one, still unsure about actually spending money on it, but if it turns out to be deeper than Kairosoft's Android Pocket League Story games then for sure I will pay to Nintendo for this. Online matches and online rankings sound exciting.

Am I wrong in assuming that this is like Steel Diver and is f2p? Or is it sold normally in the eShop?