Video: Meet Torri, One of Conception II's Heroines

Posted by Samantha Sofka

See Torri in all her glory

After revealing the ability to transform Conception II's star children into Giant Death Robots last week, Atlus has decided to show off something that's a bit easier to digest: introductions to the game's seven heroines.

Torri is the first of the bunch to get a video introduction showcasing not only a massive gun, but her admittedly naive personality. Since one of the main premises behind this JRPG involves "class-mating" with the ladies to make star children, it will be interesting to see what the rest of the characters are like. Within the next few days, the publisher will be releasing more videos depicting the rest of the heroines.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars will be launching in North America 15th April ($39.99 for both PS Vita and Nintendo 3DS), and is being published digitally in Europe some time during Q2.

Check out the video below and let us know what you think. Is this game on your wishlist?

Guybrush20X6

Guybrush20X6 said:

What is it with RPG games and dating sim elements?

Not complaining as such, just a little weird. Now I'll return to my super soldier breeding program in FE: Awakening.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I'm so disappointed that this will not be released as a physical copy in Europe. Chances were already slim of a physical release in Australia anyhow, but this just puts the nail in the coffin.

I really wanted an R18+ 3DS game on my shelf. :P

FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT said:

Looks stupidly fun :) Unlike Bravely Default, which has largely turned out to be intelligently boring...

Dark-Link73

Dark-Link73 said:

"Rated M for Mature: ...Sexual Themes. Partial Nudity."

Helloooooooooooooooo NURSE!!! lol ;-)

SamirMalik

SamirMalik said:

For those bothered with the sexuality of this game I'd like to say that judging by the Japanese version, Torri is the least risque out of the goddesses.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Spike Chunsoft are rapidly becoming one of my favourite developers, and I can't wait for this one.

Action51

Action51 said:

Such a shame that games like these, whether they end up being weird side-notes or sleeper hits...are only coming to hand-helds anymore. Same with Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, and so many others,

Meanwhile games like The Witcher series and Titanfall get endless hype and can't stop dudebros and teens from throwing money at them in anticipation of their predictable mediocrity.

TheRealThanos

TheRealThanos said:

What video?
All I get is a Google logo with this message underneath:

502. That’s an error.

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds. That’s all we know.

And I have already tried several times, but still no luck.
F*** the internet...

UPDATE:
And just when I finished typing this angry message, the internet decides to taunt me again and show the video as if nothing ever happened.
Good to be able to see the video, but I still think the same about the internet, though... ;)
Also "See Torri in all her Glory"? That's a LOT of cheese going on there...

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

might have to import the american vita version, such a shame nintendo hand helds are not region free any more :-(

ParSnake

ParSnake said:

Her design reminds me a lot of Akemi Homura's from Madoka Magica. The art style is really cool!

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

Definatly looking good so far. My only quelm is that I hope there is a Japanese voice option. I feel like it would be more natural. Already have this pre-ordered though. Can't wait.

Manaphy2007

Manaphy2007 said:

i've pre-ordered this game long ago and will get my copy about a week after its released in the mail, its great to live in n.america and sucks to live in n.america (when we dont get awesome games localized)

Klinny

Klinny said:

I'm actually really excited for this game XD It looks super cute and I am in love with Torri's hair @-@

@Action51 There are quite a few of these kinds of games on consoles still, (at least on Playstation). There's the Persona series, (which is a part of the Shin Megami Tensei metaseries and also involves building relationships and romances with classmates in order to fight monsters)... There's the Atelier series (one of my favorites) which is still going strong. Disgaea, (and pretty much anything else from NIS America haha).

Though I will agree the selection is pretty dismal compared to the majority of titles out there.