Video: Check Out The New Free Fall Map In Call of Duty: Ghosts

Posted by Rory Cocker

Free Fall, free-for-all

Well, looky here, if it isn't that most precious of treasures — a piece of DLC for a Wii U game! The online community for Call of Duty: Ghosts may not exactly be thriving on Wii U, but Activision has nevertheless treated us to a piece of free downloadable content in the shape of a brand new theatre of war.

Free Fall is the latest map to hit the Nintendo eShop, and can be downloaded free-of-charge right now from the Ghosts storefront. We thought we'd give you a quick tour of the new skyscraper warzone, as well as providing a few useful hints and tips, all in handy video form. Happy killing.

MrPancakeLOL

MrPancakeLOL said:

I consider this map to be one of the worst maps in cod history. But I'm happy it's here because that means a possibility of GOOD future dlc.

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

I wan't a call of duty so bad! Up untill now my parents have just said no. But I might get one this birthday :D

Dark-Link73

Dark-Link73 said:

Whaaaaaaaaaat!?!? I can't wait to get home to play Ghosts again! :-D Thank you Activision!!!

IxnayontheCK

IxnayontheCK said:

Is anyone actually playing this online? In Blops2 on WiiU it was the same game modes all the time cause not enough players... =(

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

@IxnayontheCK like the last post there are about 2000 players on a good night but a few game modes seem to be supported, not all of them, but infected, tdm, domination, kill confirmed and free for all usually have substantial enough lobbies to get a game. Likewise I have never failed to get in a lobby of invasion either so it does have a bit more variety than blogs 2 managed.

koochiekoo

koochiekoo said:

COD Ghosts is total poopoodoodoocacapoopledoople. i played it for 3 days, even though i won a lot , the gameplay is total garbage, it depends on your internet connection and is the same old doggiedoodoopoopiedoopiedoodles as per usual. . rather play goldeneye.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Downloaded this yesterday and checked it out- very nice of Activision to give this to us for free. Perhaps they are gauging interest before determining whether to follow with paid DLC.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Wish this happened more often, really appreciated all the work Treyarch continues to do in support the Wii U version of the game. I also just made a video so contributing!

JustinH

JustinH said:

This map is actually really cool, and hey, free too. It's more vertical and tighter than the other maps, and I'm pretty sure it changes mid-match, although I don't really know how. Only played on it once. But it was a good time!

1337man1233

1337man1233 said:

this is off topic but i figured one of you guys would know. for the pokemon x and y free offer can you have already had the 3ds and buy one of the games and still get x or y

Giggity55

Giggity55 said:

Ha it better be free. With the little amount of activity online, I'd rather spend money on something else. It is rather unexpectedly generous of activision to give ANYTHING away for free though, I guess they're just testing for interest on the Wii U side of the market. I still don't understand why they don't just put the rest of the dlc on anyways. Does it cost a lot of money to port dlc's from one console to another? I honestly don't have a clue.

Jllanos22

Jllanos22 said:

Nintendo life should ask them if they are going to continue giving us more dlc or this is just a "here so u can shut up" scenes. This one map made a lot of people happy today and it would be a shame that it ends with just free fall.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

hmm this might make me buy ghost i dont know ,and i checked in the eshop is not there why wouldit they add it.

MadJay1664

MadJay1664 said:

Had a little go before I left for work this morning and loved it definitely gonna play a bit more cod now