This Is What The Box Art For Mario Golf: World Tour On The 3DS Looks Like

Posted by Liam Doolan

No bogey

Although video game box art is slowly becoming a relic of the past thanks to the rise of digital distribution, there’s nothing better than the reveal of a fresh new one for the latest game, on the latest Nintendo system. In recent times we’ve seen the admirable Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U and the delightfully nostalgic cover art for the 3DS title, Yoshi’s New Island.

Now, Nintendo of Europe is going for a hole in one with the reveal of the box art for the upcoming 3DS title, Mario Golf: World Tour.

As can be seen, the cover art features the usual cast of Mario out and about on the green having a swing. In comparison to past entries in the Mario Golf series, this particular box art is definitely up there with the best in terms of its slick design quality. Not only does it capture the uniqueness of Mario Golf, but also the boldness of the game itself, with a nice big green in the background.

Mario Golf: World Tour is set for release in North America and Europe on the 2nd of May, and Australia on the 3rd. In the meantime, let us know in the comments if this box art is a hit or miss with you.

[via nintendo-insider.com]

Related Games

rjejr

rjejr said:

Oh lookie, 3DS game article numbers 7 and 8.

As Nintendo likes to say TGI3. (Thank goodness its 3DS)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Any box art with Peach in a short dress is beautiful to me.

This is one of those games where my interest is slowly increasing. I hope we can see more soon.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

Think I may download this one.....loved Mario golf on N64 and it would be a nice addition to my 3DS.......

2Sang

2Sang said:

Wasn't this already supposed to be out? I never planned on buying this, but I remember it in nintendo directs like a year ago.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

One of my top5 most anticipated games this year for me. Far too long since the last one and it looks like they did this version justice!

Technosphile

Technosphile said:

I can't believe it. For once, the western cover for a Mario Golf is better than the Japanese version.

OmegaStar

OmegaStar said:

@MCHammerBro Must've been that cake from saving Peach in New Super Luigi U. "Thanks, Luigi! Here's one big cake in favor of all the other normal-sized cakes Mario gets all the time! (Mario glares in envy)You know, cuz YOUR NEVER GONNA GET A SOLO ADVENTURE AGAIN!"

OmegaStar

OmegaStar said:

(Notices "Also compatible with 2DS" sign) Great! Finally a 2DS game for Timmy! If only he could play Mario Kart...

OmegaStar

OmegaStar said:

@XFsWorld That means that Toad might swear a shirt, and Peach loses her royal status…it's slowly transforming into an alternate universe… (Calls Rosalina's space-time-continuem hotline)

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

Pretty boring box art tbh. We'll never have the box art like we used to get in the 80's and 90's. IGN have an article on game box art from the 80's up at the moment, recommended viewing. Brilliantly wild/crazy/out-there art, a reason to collect. Box art now is just bland really, except for the odd odd game every now and again.

On Mario Golf, hmm, kinda want it as of late, but I've never played a Mario Golf game, kinda sounds a little boring, I see the GBC Mario Golf is on the Eshop, should I give that one a go? Any use?

Kujibiki

Kujibiki said:

This game is a complete letdown for me, as was Mario Tennis Open.
I guess it's my fault for expecting to have the glorious RPG mechanics from the GBA games instead of terribly bland games with dumb "unlockable content!" (What are you talking about, we're totally not just throwing this in to pretend there's even a bit of replayability or extra content!)

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice said:

@Daemonite

Ya, I really wish Nintendo added some flying levels and perhaps some real time strategy elements, but I guess we will have to make due with another crappy Mario Golf title that features nothing but Mario and golf again.

Disappointing.

Beechbone

Beechbone said:

Pretty generic for a Mario Golf game. I love what they did on the cover of Mario Kart 8 but this is too, hmm, toned down maybe? I would expect something to pop out of the cover like on Super Mario 3D Land box.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Kujibiki RPG mechanics spoil sports games even more than what they did with Tennis Open for me. (I wish there was a way if my opponent wasn't using a star character for me to switch to normal as well on Mario Tennis Open). Prefer a pure sports game with a fighting game level of balance between characters. (Advantage just because you have played longer is a rubbish idea). A win because you had a higher level character is a win that is not worth having for me in an online game. (Seems to be an uncommon point of view though).

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@readyletsgo I would have a go with Toadstool Tour if you can. (I suspect this one will be closer to that than anything but 8 times the price).

I really liked it. (Wish they had chosen that for the Wii new play controls not Power Tennis which didn't work right).

Spartacus3765

Spartacus3765 said:

Wow, people are being a little harsh I think. If you ask me, this box art beats the hell out of a bunch of other titles out there. It's clear that NIntendo pours a lot of charm into things like these - in other words, no, I don't find this to be generic whatsoever. It's stylish, clean, and doesn't go overboard with putting every character in the game on the box.

Although I might be a little bias towards this title as it does sort of excite me. Toadstool Tour was the last golf title featuring Nintendo characters and I thought it was awesome, and cuz I've done a fair amount of golfing in my lifetime.

@Melkac
Mario's front foot is holding the golfer stance. The back foot always pivots while the front should stay planted even after the swing.

bouncer0304

bouncer0304 said:

Glad we got that box art as the Japanese one wasn't great. I for one enjoy and still play Mario Tennis. I find it a lot of fun so this will be good for me too. If it has rpg elements then it's a bonus for me. Sadly, i've got Mario Kart 8 on pre-order and chose the limited edition bundle on Nintendo's store so i'll get this later on, maybe for my travel to Disneyland Paris- need something to keep me going!

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Spartacus3765 I don't get why people are bothered about the box art at all.

(Only thing I have not in a massive box in the loft is the actual carts in one of those club Nintendo cases).

Melkac

Melkac said:

@bouncer0304
31.media.tumblr.com/4c86cb45fe58bb975360761d50d398e8/tumblr_inline_n1n85fn4qQ1rmjx4g.jpg
...I'm sorry what? Are you seriously saying that one is better than this one?

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Also compatible with 2DS? I was worried for a moment...

Otherwise, there is not much you can do with a Maro golf box art.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Stop telling Camelot to make one Mario Sports game after another and get them on the next Golden Sun!

And tell them not to recycle all the summons, weapons, and psynergy from Golden Sun 1 and 2 this time!

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@MAN1AC Yep seems like it is a bit more fleshed out than the Tennis Open one as well from the information I have read on this site. (Still not like what other systems get though).

Spartacus3765

Spartacus3765 said:

@man1ac
I've heard that the multiplayer can be played non-simultaneous, which I think means you take a shot, wait for the other player to take their shot after they've seen that it's their turn. That's my take on it anyways.

bouncer0304

bouncer0304 said:

@Melkac Honestly, yes. If you prefer the other one then that's cool, but personally i prefer this one. I just think this one has a bit more character and is more eye catching (not that i should have to explain why i prefer one over the other anyway) but the most important thing is that the game itself plays well and is great fun.
@MAN1AC yes it does have an online mode. From what i've heard, you can customise the game and actually do it so it can be a pure game with no special shots.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

A part of me wished that they made Mario Tennis Open 2 and rectified all the mistakes instead of making this.

bouncer0304

bouncer0304 said:

@Spartacus3765 sadly not :-( Only read stuff through ONM and their magazine and on here. I wish they'd release a demo, not just of this, but other titles aswell- maybe the E3 ones? At least my local Game has updated their demos. I may pop in next week to see if they've had another update...

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

The box art looks great! I seriously need to get to pre-ordering this game.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Gorgeous cover art! I will be buying physical copies of games until they no longer make them. Mario Golf 3DS is a day one buy for me!

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Looks nice, but would have preferred there to be a few other characters on the front as well. The course in the background for instance could have had some characters doing their own thing, instead of it just being an empty field.

Still, looks lovely. I wonder if the one responsible for the Mario Kart 8 cover did this one...

meltendo

meltendo said:

The sunny weather on Nintendo boxes look just right--perfect weather where the sun is not too burning hot. Love it! (Typing this as I prepare to run in the burning sunlight in San Diego, California)

Daisaku36

Daisaku36 said:

IDC that much, I'll be buying Digital. If you wanted a physical copy of this game, I'm sorry...

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Hit with me, already pre ordered! This is gonna be a great game- underwater levels are you kidding me?!!! Ya buddy, love me some video game golf...

Daisaku36

Daisaku36 said:

@BEASTMODE I wish this was on Wii U, hopefully they're cooking up a U version and we'll get to see it. I like Mario Golf and would love to see it in HD.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Yes! Go play some golf Mario! Take a holiday and hit the green, just bugger off for a while

Nerevar

Nerevar said:

Does anyone know how the multiplayer will work? For example, can you just play with friends over the internet? Mario Karts online multiplayer didn't really work unless you were playing local, it doesn't allow you to just play with a couple of friends, it always makes you play and wait for other people from the internet