Pokémon Link: Battle! Is Priced for Next Week's European Release

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

In line with North American equivalent

Announced during the most recent Nintendo Direct broadcast, Pokémon Link: Battle! — known as Pokémon Battle Trozei in North America — will arrive on the 3DS eShop in Europe on 13th March, which is next week's download update. It hits North America on 20th March for $7.99, and Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo UK have now confirmed via social networks that the title will cost €7.99 / £7.19 in the respective regions.

That brings the prices in line, naturally, though not all recent Nintendo download releases have matched up so neatly — NES Remix was $14.99 in North America but £8.99 / €9.99 in Europe.

As for the game itself, Nintendo no doubt has big hopes that its combination of match-three puzzling — such a popular genre on the portable system — and collect 'em all Pokémon gameplay will prove irresistible. We don't have too long to wait before we can judge it for ourselves.

Are you looking forward to the arrival of Pokémon Link: Battle! / Pokémon Battle Trozei?

[via serebii.net]

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Hey, that's one sweet deal! I would've expected 15$ for it, but 8$ is very forthcoming!
However, I'm still waiting for Puzzle & Dragon Z, so I'll have to think twice whether I'll get it.

NIELS_

NIELS_ said:

Seems not that fair to me.
$7.99 = €5.80 = £4.79
£7.19 = $12.00 = €8,72
€7.99 = £6.59 = $10.98

Serebii

Serebii said:

@nielsadventures Don't forget, different economies. People continue to forget this. Things are never a direct conversion and it should never be a direct conversion. That's not how business works.

Besides, don't forget that US price is pre-tax, ours is post-tax

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@nielsadventures Americans also have tax on top of their prices. There isn't a massive amount of difference overall, pkus it's more expensive to release games in Europe.

@unrandomsam This is Pokemon though. Nintendo could charge far more.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I was going to comment on the economy too but it seems like I been beaten to the punch. Still a much better price then I expected.

Azikira

Azikira said:

Wasn't the original Pokemon Trozei a full retail-price game? Honestly, anything below that is good enough but this is almost 4x cheaper then the previous version. Very much looking forward to it.

PKNoUsernameHere

PKNoUsernameHere said:

Surprisingly, as big of a Pokemon fan as I am, this doesn't really catch my eye to be honest. .-. I probably will end up wanting it anyway if some random feature is announced though. .-.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Not a bad price. If reviews point to it being good enough this will be a surefire download for me. And i'm not even a fan of the main Pokémon games.

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

i think it looks fun but still i cant get an answer from anyone, does it have any features or link up in any way with pokemon bank or x/y? @ThomasBW84 do u know?

Emblem

Emblem said:

I have a few games i'm currently playing but i'll likely pick this up at release.

WindFish91

WindFish91 said:

I never bothered with the first Pokemon Trozei, but the price on this one seems reasonable enough. Might check it out, though it doesn't look much different than your typical match-three puzzle game.

redivgamer90

redivgamer90 said:

$8.00 seems A BIT expensive for me, but who knows maybe the game has something like infinite levels, or weekly events, similar to Puzzles and Dragons who knows!!!

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

The previous game was $69.95 in Australia, so the $13 or so that they'll be charging for this sequel will be a bargain in comparison.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

NES Remix actually is fair, but this seems not. The pricing should be more adjusted based on the exchange rates.

14.99 usd in eur is 10.92 so that is one very rare case where Europe actually get something cheaper than North America.

ashlyquin

ashlyquin said:

This looks like a fun game. Not into match 3 games but for $7.99 and its Pokémon related..... I'de give it a shot. However, I think this game would be WELL suited on a smart phone. The name will make the sales!

vnminh1999

vnminh1999 said:

the last match-3 game i played (and still playing) is bejeweled 3. i think i'll check this out, simply because pokémon.

Aaronzord

Aaronzord said:

I absolutely loved the first Link, but I've pretty much totally lost interest in Pokémon over the past few months. I didn't enjoy X and I don't have much interest in linking together most of the Pokémon in that image. I won't pay full price for this, but I'll probably pick it up if it shows up in a sale.