Nintendo Shows Off April's Game Boy Advance Wii U Virtual Console Line-up

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Play it on the GamePad is the message

Time flies, and after a busy week in which Nintendo firmed up its Game Boy Advance plans for the Wii U Virtual Console, we're now just days away from the first arrivals. It's certainly an attractive line-up in its early days, filling April with eight releases in total.

Some of these titles will be familiar to 3DS owners that benefited from the Ambassador promotion of 2011, as well as veterans that enjoyed these games when they were shiny and new, but there may also be plenty of Wii U gamers that'll have the chance to enjoy them for the first time. It's undoubtedly promising that the early line-up includes some absolute beauties, so it should be a month of retro delights all around.

In any case, Nintendo of America has now released new trailers for the first five titles to arrive, landing on 3rd and 10th April. Check them out below, and let us know which ones you're planning to pick up.

Advance Wars

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Metroid Fusion

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Advance Wars are potential purchases but I'll probably just get Advance Wars to start with.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

All great games. I'll be waiting to buy those that weren't Ambassador titles on my 3DS, because my Wii U is no place for them.

evildevil97

evildevil97 said:

Kirby and Metroid are the only two I'm interested in that I never played. Might grab Superstar Saga too, though I still have the cartridge, and a working Gameboy Player on my Gamecube.

Squid

Squid said:

No video for Golden Sun? Otherwise Superstar Saga and Advance Wars look great. I'll consider my other options but I may just get one or the other for Wii U VC.

Metroid Fusion and WarioWare look nice, too, but I've already got those from the Ambassador program.
amazing mirror is one the worst kirbys ever if you ask me personally

komodo182

komodo182 said:

Advance Wars will be bought first day that I can.
Probably will pick up Mario and Luigi Superstars too and the kirby game.

And definitively getting Golden Sun when that comes out.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Anybody play both Advance Wars and Mecho Wars on the PSN? I've never played any of the Advance Wars but Mecho Wars was really addictive for a game that had nothing to it.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

after watching that Advanced wars game, it does interest me, I may end up picking it up with the others. though my priorities will be Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun and Mario and Luigi. :)

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

"Play it on the Gamepad is the message" So that means it would look blurry and bad on the TV? Let's hope not... But either way, doesn't matter since I've always play VC games on the Gamepad just to imagine I'm playing on a huge GBA haha.

Excellent launch lineup of GBA games! I would download all of them!

divinelite

divinelite said:

Golden sun is quite good. Beware that events are very slow and quite boring but overall is great

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

I'm torn getting GBA games for Wii U. I'm a purist, who wishes to play console games on a console, and handheld games on a handheld. Yet, there a couple of games coming that I don't have for GBA and want, like Golden Sun. Amazon can be unreliable in terms of used games, so Wii U is an appealing alternative. I suppose I need to relax my standards on handhelds & consoles. With things like this, Nintendo is forcing me to, lest I take my chances with Amazon.

I don't understand why Ninty can't give us a choice, putting GBA games on Wii U AND 3DS. I realize the Wii U is the squeakiest wheel getting the grease, but that doesn't mean the 3DS VC should be ignored. The thing that gets me about the GBA/DS coming to Wii U is that meanwhile, almost all 3DS is getting lately is NES games that are already on Wii VC. It would be nice to see some variety on 3DS VC, like the Mega Man Game Boy/GBC games announced LONG AGO. Some weeks don't even see a 3DS VC release in North America. Just because Wii U needs sales doesn't mean 3DS should be ignored. But, enough complaining. That's for Club Nintendo surveys (and I encourage those who agree to add their 2 cents on their surveys).

I am going to get Golden Sun, and give GBA on Wii U a chance! I need a Final Fantasy-like RPG fix. :)

Tsuzura

Tsuzura said:

Hopefully this won't be all we will be seeing and more will come next month

ungibbed

ungibbed said:

These games would look much better on the Game Pad. If you still have a GameCube with the Game Boy Player, I'm sure it would look pretty awful on a large HD screen.

I still love the GBA as it proved time and time again that 2D isn't dead when home console fans were still fighting over best looking games of that generation and beyond.

I was hoping to see some F-Zero in the GBA mix but it's all good. Some day it will happen.

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

wow advance wars looks like a snk game from 90's amazing music and gameplay. About time all we need now is Gamecube games as well.

Pixel-Perfect

Pixel-Perfect said:

I think it's awesome having GBA games be available on Wii U. I just don't see why the 3DS can't have them too.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

For those who haven't played the mobile Metroid games: Metroid Fusion is a fun Metroid variant made for mobile gaming in small sections (which makes it a little less Metroidy in my book) but is still pretty great and I'll buy it as soon as it shows up, but Metroid Zero Mission is much closer to Super Metroid in gameplay and a genuine replacement for those who can't quite get into the unforgiving NES original (as it covers the same event).

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

I know some people are bothered by it but I don't mind giant square pixels, even on my HD screen. Now, when something is 3D and the resolution is low it bothers me more because I'm so used to that type of thing easily scaling up with new hardware, but Pixel art is still an abstract representation of something whether the pixels are giant or small, and if it's done well tiny, it will look good large. To me, at least. :P

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I still own the cartridges for Metroid Fusion and Kirby's Amazing Mirror. Lost my copy of Mario & Luigi, though. I just have no GBA that works anymore. I'll definitely end up downloading Mario & Luigi and Fusion. Not Kirby or WarioWare, though. Amazing Mirror isnt that good and WarioWare is not woth $7-8 for me. Might try Advance Wars, though. Looks interesting. I've never played that series.

smikey

smikey said:

I'm planning on getting them all but golden sun & advance wars are the two I most want While Metroid is my least wanted not much of a metroid guy but i'm hoping they show off a wii u version at e3 otherwise internet will be full of rants again.
Also looking forward to yoshi at the end of the month.

faint

faint said:

All of them day one if I can. I would like to show that a more robust weekly vc release is a good thing. The only one I'm not interested in so far is yoshis island

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

I won't be picking any up right away because I don't have the money for it. Once I get some more money for games I will pick up some indies, Battle Trozei, and SuperStar Saga.

kingston589

kingston589 said:

Ill wait for golden sun and if they release it, minish cap, but i have or am getting everything else physical

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Advance Wars and Warioware for me. I play NES games in the Virtual Console on my 42" plasma so I have to think these will look just fine.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

I wonder if the gamecube virtual console is still a thing that's gonna happen...

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

Fusion for me, and hopefully before 2022 they will put zero mission on VC as well.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I understand wanting the GBA comes on the 3DS instead, but refusing to buy them on the Wii U because they were originally on a handheld.... Not being mean but it kind of makes one look stubborn. Though some games truly do play better on the go.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I don't know why they keep pushing the multiplayer-focused Kirby game on there. You can't play multiplayer, and it's more shallow in content then Nightmare in Dreamland.

Squid

Squid said:

@Player4: Well for one I think the four-Kirby idea was terrible (not to mention their bad AI), the huge map was a pain and not very fun to explore, and the controls were a little bit slow... The review here on NL sums up my feelings of the game. Overall it just left a bad taste in my mouth for a Kirby game, and I love Kirby games.

@Lz Gotcha, thanks for letting me know.

PS4

PS4 said:

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror !!! I'm a 3DS ambassador, and it was one of the few non pokemon GBA games I played back in the day! I love it so much! lost my physical cart eons ago though... D:

Might pick it up or the M&L game, and kirby in the future though.

@CaptainSquid, I loved that game but not the AI, AI sucked or team work on some stuff, I think their was an area or two where you needed team work too. boo!

shaneoh

shaneoh said:

Advance Wars, Super Star Saga, and Fusion (despite being a 3ds Ambassador).

To begin with

deKay

deKay said:

Already got all those on the GBA, no need to buy them again to play them on the big screen - I can use my Game Boy Player or the Retron 5.

t3g

t3g said:

Its tough, considering that I have a DS Lite next to me and can play all these games on their original hardware.

On another note, does this mean we will finally get Mother 3 on the Virtual Console? We got Earthbound (Mother 2), so why not the excellent sequel?

Action51

Action51 said:

As a huge fan of Advance Wars, let me just say this: If you like strategy games like Fire Emblem, Jagged Alliance, Civilization, and Final Fantasy tactics...you will probably love this game.

If you don't like any of the above games I listed, you should probably avoid it.

If you have never played any of the games I listed, why are you not running out and buying Fire Emblem: Awakening right now? What's wrong with you!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Metroid Fusion, Superstar Saga, F-zero MV, and possibly Golden Sun for me.

I've been playing through the Metroid series recently starting with Prime, and I'm almost to Fusion. I can't wait to play it on the TV!

Extremist

Extremist said:

@Action51 I don't like ANY of the strategy games you listed, but I LOVE Advance Wars so there's no reason for ANYONE to avoid it!

I'll get five of the eight first GBA games. I'll skip Golden Sun, F-Zero and WarioWare.

JoeyZXD

JoeyZXD said:

I've owned most of these games in the past but sold them all... can't wait to play them again on the Wii U!

YoshiTails

YoshiTails said:

Still got GBA copies of Advance Wars, Fusion and superstar saga... But advance wars is soooo good I might just have to double buy.

EdwardCORE

EdwardCORE said:

They should be on the 3DS, period. I'd pay full price for these classics on the 3DS. On the Wii U, I won't. Maybe if they turn that piece of crap Gamepad into something useful and release an Wifi connector and we can play it remotely like the Vita does with the PS4, then maybe. Otherwise, it is just another bad idea from Nintendo, and they are having a lot of those lately.

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

I'm only getting Mario & Luigi. I'm still thinking about Golden Sun and Advance Wars. The rest I still have on my 3DS.

OptometristLime

OptometristLime said:

Advance Wars (or Advanced Wars, colloquially ;)) is insanely good.

But that Metroid Fusion trailer... all my terror.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Even all these years later, Metroid Fusion still creeps me out. Such an atmospheric little game.

And Advance Wars is one of those games that I almost immediately regretted trading in. I'll definitely download that at some point.

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

Oh my gawd the Metroid trailer, seriously.

Other than that, I already own all the listed games (that I'm interested in) in a way or another, but I may get Mario and Luigi again, playing it in the Micro is not exactly optimal.

Senario

Senario said:

I might pick up Advance wars since I don't use my gba or ds much anymore. That and I want them to make a new version of the game that isn't days of ruin style. I don't care handheld or console. They just need a new advance wars game.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

I want Zero Mission over Fusion. I already have Fusion as an Ambassador game and it seems impossible to get Zero Mission as a hard copy now unless you want to shell out $100's.

Emblem

Emblem said:

@EdwardCORE Its not possible to send gamepad data via wifi, its like trying to watch a bluray in a dvd player, it may look like similar technology but its a total different process. Remote play with my PS4 is just that, playing remotely just like when i use my Nexus to control my PC. The gamepad is not remote play but can provide off screen play that looks like the image on the tv, sounds confusing but its really not.

The VITA streams from the PS4 via wifi replicating the action sent via the HDMI lead into the tv, this is why it can have lag, drop outs etc. The Gamepad processes and edits unique data coming from the Wii U to display information different from the data sent via the HDMI cable. This is why the Gamepad doesn't ever lag and can display a different screen than the tv and have asynchronous multiplier or HUDs like MH3U or Dues Ex.

That said they could boost the range with an accessory but there is not much value in such a device yet seeing as Nintendo is still trying to convince people of the gamepads actual value.

PLATINUM7

PLATINUM7 said:

Looking forward to replaying Advance Wars and experiencing Superstar Saga and Golden Sun for the first time!

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

If I had a Wii U I would definitely pick up Golden Sun, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, and possibly Advance Wars. Already have most of the choices thanks to being an ambassador. Metroid Zero Mission would be great, not sure if I need it though since I loved the original on NES. I would actually prefer the GBA release of Super Mario World at some point.

evildevil97

evildevil97 said:

Forgot about Golden Sun. May pick it up down the line. Got too many other RPGs I wanna try first.

Dreamz

Dreamz said:

If my avatar wasn't a giveaway, I'm looking forward to Metroid Fusion the most by far. :)

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

I've owned Metroid Fusion since the day it came out. I play through it once or twice a year. I bought a brand new Game Boy Micro in October 2012 mainly just to play through Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission every now and then. I have the Ambassador version on my 3DS.

I will be buying it on Wii U the day it comes out. It's just a fantastically fun game. Fusion and Zero Mission are probably the only GBA games I'll bother to buy for Wii U's Virtual Console service. Well, if they ever release Drill Dozer, WarioWare Twisted, or Rhythm Tengoku, I will definitely get them - but that's probably not likely.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Pixel-Perfect
They will. Nintendo announced they already contracted the developer to bring GBA games to 3DS. I don't understand why nobody knows this? They just announced this a month or two ago.

ianmage1

ianmage1 said:

If Nintendo thinks it's a good idea to put handheld games on a home console's virtual console, then it should also be a good idea to put retro console games (N64) on a handheld's virtual console. That's what I would much rather see.

Honestly, I'd rather have the GBA games on the 3DS virtual console.

ACK

ACK said:

Advance Wars and WarioWare, inc.: Mega Microgame$ are two of the greatest handheld games that will ever be produced. Mark my words.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

The two GBA WarioWare games are masterpieces. As far I'm concerned, Twisted! is still the greatest motion control game ever made, by a fairly wide margin.

Sleepy_JL

Sleepy_JL said:

I like how the nintendolife community is calm and never frantic and saying names like the nintendo community on ign.
On another note! I hope they add drill dozer on the gba virtual on wii u!! It's my fav game by game freak I would like a 2ND part to that game

Manaphy2007

Manaphy2007 said:

i think for now i will get metroid fusion and nintendo is focusing on wii u and yes it does make sense to add gba for 3ds but wii u need some TLC (not tables, ladders, and chairs)

Manaphy2007

Manaphy2007 said:

thinking about it, i may end uo buying all of them, like how i said im only buying f-zero and super metroid when it was $0.30 ea. on that special promotion, i ended up all of them

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

I would have loved it, instead of GBA on Wii U, that select games simply be remastered / better optimized for the system. Ports on the 3DS are excusable as the total screen real estate isn't comparable to a 40, 50, or 60'' screen. For Golden Sun in particular, combining the first two installments into one glossy package would be much appreciated. I'd even pay 25$ to 30$ for something like that. Throw in save states and I'm sold.
Metroid Classic Collection, featuring fully optimized versions of Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion would be great as well. Metroid 2 is one of the most overlooked games in the series and it's a shame.
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn needs a conclusion. Like, yesterday! It's been long enough guys, let's end this once and for all.
New Advance Wars on the Wii U (one army on the TV, one on the Gamepad).
A REAL Warioware game for Wii U, not some tiny little collection, but a creationists dream. Eliminate timers on the games and let people go to town.
An RPG Maker while you're at it.
Or how about a brand new Super Mario RPG style games, but with a bunch of Nintendo characters and locations. Come on, Nintendo could even name it something lame. Like Super Smash Bros. RPG: Legend of Master Kirby and the Oval of Space Time. The Wii U's dead anyways. Might as well do something people remember them by, before they wait for 3DS to die and the 'QoL' era to commence.

WiiULoveSquid

WiiULoveSquid said:

In the case of GBA on Wii U, I'm glad Nintendo didnt ask anyone's opinion before they did it.

Not all of us want these games only for 3DS and no other place. I've played these games portably once in life, I'm ready to play them again in a different way.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Great for those that own a WU, & either have never played some, or all of these, or have owned them previously/still own them, & wants to play them on their WU. I don't own a WU, & I really feel the 3DS should get these games, in addition to the WU. Speaking for myself, these games don't make me want a WU. I have a still functioning Limited Edition Nes GBA SP. I still play it, too. So, while Fusion is the only one out of this bunch that I own, I can play it any time I wish, & I can also do so, thank God, on my still-functioning, years old GBA SP, & GCN GB player hardware. That all said, I'm glad these are here, for the enjoyment of those that have never enjoyed them before. Metroid Fusion is an awesome game, in my opinion.

Edit: @FluttershyGuy: The thing is, if Nintendo doesn't keep up their game on the 3DS, then it will be the new squeaky wheel.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Here's thing thing: with Vita, it's unfortunate, but western gamers don't lose themselves for handhelds. It's the weird games Nintendo has that sells the 3DS. Pushing graphics on a handheld when PS4 and XBOne are out? It was a stupid strategy. We drive all these massive cars and public transit is dead. 3DS appeals to budgets and kids.
Upselling from handhelds is dead and tossing in a handheld isn't appealing. People would rather invest more in weed (so many gamers smoke weed), alcohol, gas and eating out that gaming has such little worth. Which is why Sony and Microsoft give out free games with their paid subscription. Paying JUST for online, no matter how much better it is than Wii U, isn't appealing. Nintendo's VC games are higher priced because they don't charge for online. I'm not sure why all this seems foreign to Nintendo gamers. Or entirely impossible to comprehend. Why does the Vita have crossplay? Sony gamers haven't bought the classics like Nintendo fans do. So there needs to be extra incentive. Sony pays alot of money for the 3rd party PS1 games. So there needs to be incentive to buy them. PSP was a failure in the West. Sony wanted to fix that.
Why do we get slow releases of VC games? Why do we get shovelware? Why do we get overpriced garbage? It isn't Nintendo, it's OUR BUYING HISTORY. If it sells, push it. If it doesn't, bury it. From an economics point of view, Nintendo's strategy makes perfect sense when you consider the buy rates of software vs hardware. Wii barely pushed any titles comparative to it's install rate. Wii U, on the other hand, is selling games like hotcakes. It's all an install rate, market saturation thing. The people who buy games buy alot. The people who try games stick with the bundled crap. Or maybe they never tired of that bundled game and played it non stop for 5 years.
I buy games. I buy ALOT of games. 83 over 5 systems since the Wii U launched. I'm not a casual gamer that plays one game, or one genre and never tries anything new. I've done it all. And by fully immersing myself in gaming (while still living a life, raising my son, keeping a steady job and other hobbies) I see things alot of other people don't. Or refuse to. PSN is a PAID service. Of course you'll get free crap. If people want free or cheap crap, start paying for your right to use your own Internet connection. I WANT stuff from Nintendo, stuff they have no obligation to give me. I don't NEED anything from them. Hell, it's just gaming.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

This is the last bit I'll say, then I'm done with this entire discussion. Will the GBA games look worse on the big screen than NES games? No, they're made from thousands more pixels. GBA player owners can attest to that fact.
Does GBA make sense on a console? More so that DS or 3DS ever could. Is the quality there? Nintendo has released Baseball, Volleyball, Urban Champion and Renegade. If anything, the quality is a MASSIVE step up from the norm. And it hasn't just been crappy NES games either. SNES has had an influx of bad VC games too. My first GBA didn't have backlighting, rechargeable batteries, save states or Internet connectivity. It did have a tiny screen, poor speakers and portability. I happily lose the portability for everything else I'm getting. Oh and not having to pay 30-40$ (or more) on Amazon or eBay? Another bonus. Those that have the original, great. But realize this before spouting off your inane, biased opinion: not everyone does.

May_Nyan

May_Nyan said:

The only reason they put these on wii u when they really should be on 3DS is because they wanted to make it look like the wii u has more exclusive stuff. It's also why they won't put SNES VC on 3DS even though it would be capable.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

Advance Wars and Metroid for me, it's been good I have had the chance to beat metroid and super metroid again on the gamepad and now metroid fusion, I would love metroid hunters to be released on DS virtual console.

Austroid

Austroid said:

I own Superstar Saga (my favorite Mario spin-off title) and Metroid Fusion (the better of Sakamoto's work with a narrative-heavy Metroid, IMO) in their original cartridge forms.

I don't really see any reason to buy them again.

Gameday

Gameday said:

Im really glad they are doing this ~
Now i get to play through a few titles i may have missed out on due to not owning the hand held.

Poki

Poki said:

If they only were cross platform purchases between 3DS and Wii U ...

baconcow

baconcow said:

Very annoyed these will not be coming to 3DS. I want to play GBA games on my 3DS.

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

best thing would by wii u version and get a free 3ds version. You know maybee just to reward loyal customers. Or just screw us over

pukka-pie

pukka-pie said:

Shame about the price, as good as these games are nearly £7 is extortionate. Having said that, if you're a Metroid fan that missed Fusion you're in for a real treat.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

@Jazzer94, @Melkac - You have no idea what Nintendo's plan is regarding GBA game release, so how can you say that with confidence? Regardless, I can easily buy the games on eBay for my GBA anyway, and I'd much prefer to do that that get them on the Wii U.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Okay, we all get 3DS owners want these games on 3DS; I don't see how appearing on Wii U has anything to do with that.

@SahashraLA: thanks for the reality cheque, I'm happy to have these and I think they'll look great. Looking forward to DS on Wii U as well!

Daisaku36

Daisaku36 said:

Can't wait to play GBA games on my Wii U, I missed out on a lot of them and lost the few I owned (including Zero Mission and Fusion). I hope Nintendo never releases these games to non-ambassadors, just so you people complaining will have to buy a Wii U to play them.

Pod

Pod said:

I only ever played Wario Ware Touched and Smooth Moves so I might get hold of the original for Wii U. If it's popular enough in this form, they'll probably bring out Wario Ware: Twisted as well. The machine can run its gyro features, and it's supposedly still the best Wario Ware game.

Player4

Player4 said:

@CaptainSquid Ah, I see. I loved the fact that there were four Kirby's and thought the huge maps were great! Never noticed anything about the controls tho.. But I haven't played this for a long time and this may be my Nostalgia speaking.

I guess opinions do differ. :p

Daemonite

Daemonite said:

Yes i sooooo want to play GBA games i played a thousand times before, but this time on a non-portable device! I'll even pay a higher price than a physical copy! i mean, who wouldn't, right?!? Nintendo, you sure know what fans want!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Awesome! The colors don't look as dull and washed out as the first time eh showed them off. Can't wait to pick up Advance Wars and Superstar Saga.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

I wonder what that little question mark icon is for in all the videos.

That, and I'm buying Superstar Saga day one. Might even get Yoshi's Island just to play it on the TV.

Rukiafan

Rukiafan said:

@Daemonite They might have dropped to $7-$8 at some point in the past, but right now you'd be lucky to get any of these games besides Warioware under $15 and that's not including shipping or taxes. :|

64supermario

64supermario said:

Advance Wars for me, never got to play it when it was out, and its too pricey for me in hard copy at least at my local store. Its also BS we get Advance Wars, but Japan gets Advance Wars 1 + 2 :I

pukka-pie

pukka-pie said:

@Daemonite But a lot of people haven't played these before and unless you have an original DS or a GBA you can't play it. People complain no matter what Nintendo do, if you don't like it don't buy them, it isn't difficult.

DrJoson

DrJoson said:

That Metroid Fushion video gives me shivers...can't wait to play again. Looking forward to playing Golden Sun, Advance Wars and F-Zero Maximum Velocity for the first time too~

Shambo

Shambo said:

@divinelite The events indeed go on forever, but I spent ages with both games, getting my entire party to lv 99, getting the best possible gear, all Djinns, all secrets, everything... And STILL the later bosses were quite challenging! Best looking GBA games as well!

Still have most of those announced for VC on cartridges, and then there's ambassador's program on 3ds. But I might get some in time nevertheless.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

Can't wait to play through Metroid Fusion again, it was one of my favorite GBA titles. Golden Sun is another I may pick up, since I enjoyed it alot.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Any chance to find out why Nintendo seems determined to bury the SNES version of Yoshi's Island? That's the version I want to play.

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

Meanwhile free from SONY for Month of April PS Plus:

Mercenary Kings, Batman Arkham City, Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark, Castle of Illusions Starring Mickey Mouse, Velocity Ultra, Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD,

Nintendo is a joke. Sony gives away high quality new games and Nintendo sells its customers same old games and overpriced at that................

sotoam

sotoam said:

While some of these are great games, I'm not going to buy them for the WiiU. There are boatloads of NES, SNES and N64 games that are MULTIPLAYER that they could have done. Why are they putting single-player handheld games on their home console? I have 2 boys that love to play, but there are just a handful of games that they can play together because so many games are for just 1 person.

I've passed on a lot of eShop games for the WiiU for this very reason as well. I'd like my fmaily to be able to play the family home console. Not, 1 person play while everyone else watches. Kind of boring that way. :-(

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

@WaveBoy except gba games are not better than new AAA and indie high quality games, but go ahead, keep buying gba games in 2014 lmao u are the reason nintendo has fallen to this level and will continue to.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@GamerJunkie
Who said i was buying any VC GBA game? I'd rather fork over the cash for the actual cart and play them on my DS lite. I'm not interested in regurgitated offerings, just like the pathetic state of the Wii U's VC, with earthbound being the only new release.

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

I'm not certain I'd buy any GBA games on the WiiU just because I really don't touch the freebies I got grandfathered into on the 3DS, but if the price and game were right it would be fantastic. I still keep a GB Micro around so it's just hard to take digital over reality, but to save a little pocket space if they put more to the 3DS in time I'd be happy.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

All these games I used to play as a kid are now OLD! This scares me. Twenty bucks says they're going to include some sort of throwback screen to play it in original resolution like they do with the game boy on 3DS!

Superryanworld

Superryanworld said:

@GamerJunkie I think it comes down to personal preference.Zelda the minish cap was one of the best games I ever played.I no longer own my gba system or games,so vc regardless of what system it's available for gba games are something I don't mind spending money on.And seven dollars compared to a wii u or 3ds game is not that steep to me.I do agree Nintendo needs to get it together with their online.People thought psn was a joke at first,and look how great the service is now.