Here's a Closer Look at the Evolving Prism Tower Stage in Super Smash Bros. on 3DS

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Climb the tower as you battle

Not long ago Masahiro Sakurai revealed that there'd be a Super Smash Bros. 3DS stage in Lumiose City, the location from Pokémon X & Y. Now, in a similar style to his screenshot tour of the Super Mario 3D Land stage, the game director has shown us how this stage will work.

As previously suggested the central point of the brawl will be the iconic Prism Tower, with the original screenshot seemingly showing a cinematic shot of it standing out in the city. The new screens take us into the action and show how the stage will move and evolve to a climax at the top of the structure. Check out the images and Sakurai-san's descriptions below.

Pic of the day. Here's the Prism Tower stage for the 3DS version! The battle begins on ground level right in front of the tower.

You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms!

By the time you reach the top, the sun is already setting. The view from up there is quite a treat.

Are you excited about this stage in the 3DS version of the new Super Smash Bros.? What do you think of its moving platforms as the fight progresses? Let us know in the comments below.

[via miiverse.nintendo.net]

ikki5

ikki5 said:

"Are you excited about this stage in the 3DS version of the new Super Smash Bros."

I am just excited for the New Smash Bros. in general :D

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Great stage; and, in fact, the 3DS version has great stages in general. We've only scratched the surface on what these two games will offer, and I'll be getting both of them.

Superstick

Superstick said:

I just got Pokémon X due to the March 3DS promotion. And I know this might sound kind of shocking, but Pokémon X is actually my first game in the series. XD I just got to Lumiose City, and I love it. I'm definitely looking foward to playing on this stage. :)

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

I've always liked stages like this. The terrain is nothing to worry about but at the same time, the background isn't just there; it changes all the time. Looks great!

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

In other Smash Bros. news, the Dark Emperor from Find Mii II first seen in a Pic of the Day is an assist trophy according to Famitsu. His screenshot appeared in the assist trophy section with Skull Kid and Mother Brain.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I remember a time when Smash Bros. 3DS news was severely lacking. This month has confirmed those days are over.

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

So from the looks of it I'm going to be forced to buy the Wii U and 3DS versions.. well played Nintendo, well played.

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike said:

I really wish you could've gone to the top of the tower in XY, it was such a missed opportunity for it to just function as a generic gym.

EmpoleTRON

EmpoleTRON said:

Why is Castelia City's theme playing in my head when I look at these pictures?
That's the wrong theme...

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

@EmpoleTRON
Because ironically, Lumiose City, the largest city in the Pokémon World is the fantasy counterpart of Paris, which isn't as big as New York, which is the real world counterpart of Castelia City. Oh, the irony!

epicdude12302

epicdude12302 said:

Suprisingly, the 3DS version is looking better than the Wii U version right now! Still getting both though!

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

The 3DS version is shaping up to be as good as the Wii U version. I can't believe I'll have TWO Smash Bros. games to look forward to instead of one. Us fans are really fortunate this time.