Here Are Two More Mario Kart 8 Courses to Enjoy

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The start line approaches

Earlier this month we shared five Mario Kart 8 courses shared by Nintendo in the form of rather presentable screenshots. We'd hoped it would be the start of a gradual reveal of many more of the upcoming tracks, yet our waiting has been rewarded with just two additional courses; the reveals stopped on 7th March. Rather than wait for more — which could go on for weeks — below are the two tracks posted since that last article, perfect for some relaxing Sunday dreaming of what's to come in the much anticipated Mario Kart 8.

These two courses don't account for all of the tracks we've seen, of course. The various trailers — including the most recent at the end of this article — have given glimpses of some extras, while re-worked classics have certainly been spotted. Nevertheless, the two additional reveals via the Wii U UK Facebook page give us a nice view and names for these two tracks.

You can see them below, taking the Facebook reveals to seven in total — we're assuming there'll be 16 new tracks, as has been the norm in recent generations. Those with eagle eyes can possibly account for double figures in terms of brief glimpses of new tracks, though not all have been shown.

In any case, below are Cloudtop Cruise and Bone Dry Dunes, with the latter pointedly leading to a drying up of fresh looks for the past week or so.

Cloudtop Cruise

Bone Dry Dunes

Let us know what you think of these two courses in the comments below, while once again we can all enjoy the latest gameplay trailer.

[via facebook.com]

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Cloudtop Cruise is my favorite new track shown so far. I would've voted for that one if it was in the poll last time.

Funny thing is, I think most of the names of the tracks will be different in the U.S. compared to Europe. Mario Kart tracks are like that.

Squid

Squid said:

I like Bone Dry Dunes for its sunset effect. This game is gonna be so much fun.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Cloudtop Cruise is certainly gorgeous.

Those tarps (or whatever they are) in Bone Dry Dunes look a little... off.

koelboel

koelboel said:

Think that among all the titles we´re waiting for, this one is the most painful. This or X...

DiscoDriver43

DiscoDriver43 said:

These tracks look amazing. If i get a Wii U, this will be first game i'll be playing.

Makes me kind of sad that Mario Kart Wii didn't show off the Wii's muscle quite like this game is.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

It's... Just so beautiful... Seriously, this is how to do HD, I haven't been excited for a new Mario Kart in awhile.

Splatom

Splatom said:

I NEED this game! I've had the limited edition page on the Nintendo store for ages now! :D

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

Surprised there is no poll. Although there are only two tracks to vote for. Bone Dry Dunes looks better to me but I'm still excited for Cloudtop Cruise.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

This game is so beautiful! This game is really gonna show off Wii u's true power along with smash bros!

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Is it just me? Or does this game make you want even harder for Wii U F-Zero????

Recently revived my Gamecube and man that was an awesome machine, and F-Zero GX is quite possibly THE best racing game ever made. It NEEDS a sequel and bringing to the thirsty Wii U audience like you wouldn't believe.

K-Gamer

K-Gamer said:

Not one racing stage look average. ALL look Great. Bone Dry Dunes looked the least impressive to me though. Sub Coaster and Toad Harbor look the best to me.

BlueStar101

BlueStar101 said:

@Spuratis We did in the second trailer. It was the last scene that revealed Rosalina. And also, if you listen to the music at the end, it's a mashup of Sky Station Galaxy and (of course) Gusty Garden Galaxy.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Does it feature any retro tracks? I'm looking forward to this!

Chaos_Knight

Chaos_Knight said:

@Pj1 Yep. So far, the retro tracks confirmed to return are:

Mario Circuit (GBA)
Dry Dry Desert (Double Dash)
Tick-Tock Clock (DS)
Grumble Volcano (Wii)
Music Park (7)
Piranha Plant Slide (7)
DK Jungle (7)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I'm so glad I own a Wii U! Monster Hunter and Donkey Kong, Monster Hunter and Donkey Kong, Monster Hunter and Donkey Kong... that's all one needs lol... And soon, Mario Kart.

Fandabidozi

Fandabidozi said:

Buying a WiiU just to play this game! Course I'll need to buy Smash Bros and Tropical Freeze... Can't wait!

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Fun fact: Cloudtop Cruise looks a lot like a throwback to Super Circuit's Sky Garden.
Good to see the GBA iteration finally getting some love!

SavoirFaire

SavoirFaire said:

One thing I haven't heard yet is if we will get 4 player local multiplayer, or 5. Seems like with the gamepad screen, 5 is possible.

Aran

Aran said:

Just like with the new Smash Bros., I love to see good looking new things like this, but I try to avoid looking at all the new things the show, because I feel like there will be a little less surprise when I finally play them.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

Already these courses look a lot better than the 'original' courses on the Wii version. Still, as Cervantes said the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So hurry up Nintendo and feed us some Mario Kart 8 :)

withoutdk

withoutdk said:

i need to play this with my girlfriend... lots of hours with fun... i still enjoy MK Wii. :D

bring it :... and it looks quite good.... hope this will be the game that changes the tides of the wii u :D

ZachBeacon

ZachBeacon said:

Really hope we get the Coconut Mall in HD but I doubt it since it was on the Wii and 3DS versions.

Qn1f3

Qn1f3 said:

Mario Kart 8 is going to be so much fun, just make it last as long as the "8" implies.. ..like forever!

Mario Kart Wii had a good run, so I hope Mario Kart 8 will perform at least as good!

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

"below are the two tracks posted since that last article, perfect for some relaxing Sunday dreaming of what's to come in the much anticipated Mario Kart 8.". Lol, I was doing just that last Sunday in bed while looking at my MK8 poster!

Ordered the Limited Edition with t-shirt and key ring bundle from Nintendo Store.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Cloud top cruise looks awesome. I wonder if you could circle the beanstalk on your cart. that would make an interesting aesthetic.