Feature: A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Screens - Issue Twenty Eight

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Grannies! Bumper! Little Mac punching! More!

It's Monday, which normally means Nintendo Download news for Europe and Super Smash Bros. screens at which to gawk. For the second week running we're denied the former as expected — we'll bring the full list when it's released — but we can still enjoy our normal weekly screen summary. Phew.

Masahiro Sakurai did bring one major reveal last week with a look at the new Tortimer Island stage for the 3DS version. Aside from that his posts are still full of interesting details on moves and abilities, including a neat breakdown of Little Mac's capabilities and a look at some environment and stage-specific features.

The last week's screens from Sakurai-san are below for you to enjoy; you can click on the date heading to visit the Miiverse posts in question and give them a Yeah.

3rd March

4th March

5th March

6th March

7th March

A rare week of the 3DS screens outnumbering those from the Wii U version — let us know what you think in the poll and comments below.

What's your favourite Smash Bros. screen this week? (295 votes)

Kotake and Koume looking as charming as ever

29%

Mega Man looks rather surprised by the Bumper

12%

King Dedede's power flattens Pikachu

12%

Little Mac shows off with some shadow boxing

21%

Nice day for a brawl on Tortimer Island

20%

Um, I can't decide

To be honest, I don't like any of them

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

I'm enjoying Dedede's pics...never paid attention to his face that much in Brawl, but he has plenty of expressions in this game. :p

AlbertoC

AlbertoC said:

I hope Gerudo Valley retains its original music, even when it was used as Brawl's Great Sea stage alternate music.

mystman12

mystman12 said:

I love the bumper redesign! It looks a lot more realistic, and it also looks like it might light up when you hit it!

navonod18

navonod18 said:

Man they've given us enough pics to create a flip animation of a fight! lol can we atleast get month for release?

5ony

5ony said:

I don't actually own brawl, so I don't know if aimed smash attacks were ever a thing, but Little Mac's side smash having variations is so dang cool.

Seriously, I flipped out over Little Mac's reveal, and have just been continually excited by his presence ever since.

Liquid_ice

Liquid_ice said:

It's nice to see some screens from the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. I'm also wondering if they will eventually change the name into something a bit more... deep.

erv

erv said:

I love the triple D lol

Anyway, the bumpers are awesome and I'm glad they're there :)

Chubblings

Chubblings said:

Great 3ds screens this week, looks better than the Wii U ones (and this coming from someone who usually likes the Wii U screenshots more than the 3ds ones).

Miss_Pixelheart

Miss_Pixelheart said:

I don't get why everybody always likes the 3DS screentshots so much, They look pretty ugly compared to the Wii U pictures if you ask me... I do like the Kotake and Koume one. But I would still prefer them in HD.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

@Ernest_The_Crab some characters did have aimed Smash attacks. The only one I could think of is R.O.B. It was very useful to aim up when characters where on platforms above you.

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

I'm so glad that we're actually getting 3ds screenshots that also show game play mechanics like how tilting the control pad changes move

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

A little bit of a tough choice between Kotake and Koume and the Bumper, but I voted for the twin witch grannies. They were amusing characters in Ocarina of Time and a pathetically easy, but interesting boss as Twinrova. I also love King Dedede's Kirby Right Back at Ya face when he revs up his jet hammer.

Yosher

Yosher said:

I'd vote for Tortimer's Island if it didn't look so.. rough. My vote goes to the couple o' grannies!

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

I vote ganny grannies but I find lil mac the most interesting. Im so excited for him.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Mega Man...

Can't wait to play as Mega Man with the Metal Blade, Leaf Shield, Crash Bomb, and whatever else they added in. Where's the Magnet Missile though? That would have straight KILLED it lol...

SnackBox

SnackBox said:

Kin dedede's move is unfair on the user, you are punished for using it unlike other moves so why even bother trying to use it.

BAGBOY

BAGBOY said:

Koume and Kotake????!!!! Damn Sakurai, this surely will be the definitive smash bros. game, a lot of cameos and cool stuff, yeah!!!!