Feature: A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Screens - Issue Thirty

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Smash Ball! Peanut Gun! Rosalina! More!

Monday is always a day that brings a little bit of pre-release hype to our eyeballs, as we post yet another Super Smash Bros. summary from the last week; we're onto issue number 30, no less.

Masahiro Sakurai has been dishing out daily screens on the Miiverse Super Smash Bros. Director's Room for so long, yet finds a way to entertain with new reveals and humorous character poses. Last week brought a few first-looks including the Smash Ball and a fresh trophy, though the pictorial tour of the 3DS-only Super Mario 3D Land stage was a highlight; hit up that link or the date heading for the post below to see all screens of that stage.

Without further pre-amble the last week's screens from Sakurai-san are below; as always you can click on the date heading to visit the Miiverse posts in question and give them a Yeah.

17th March

18th March

19th March

20th March

21st March

Mostly Wii U screens aside from the nifty 3DS tour — let us know what you think in the poll and comments below.

What's your favourite Smash Bros. screen this week? (338 votes)

Kirby goes for the Smash Ball as Luigi does... something

13%

Mega Man and Kirby try out the Super Mario 3D Land stage

13%

Rosalina is out for the count

19%

Bowser feels the force of the Peanut Popgun

18%

Lightning Flash Phosphora joins the ranks as a Trophy

31%

Um, I can't decide

To be honest, I don't like any of them

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

Cevan

Cevan said:

My favorite was definitely the Super Mario 3D Land stage. Ever since we first saw footage of it, I've been eager to see more of it.

Dark-Luigi

Dark-Luigi said:

Hard between Rosalina and 3D Land...I choose Rosalina. She just looks so inocent lying down, I also like the details on her fingernails. :3

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I voted for the Smash Ball. It's my new avatar after all. I also like how Kirby is dramatically jumping toward it.

My second choice would be the Phosphora trophy. Phosphora looks better than ever even if just in trophy form, and it makes me want a Kid Icarus game for Wii U with those graphics. An honorable mention should go to Diddy's Peanut Popgun pic since its visuals look really sharp with the popgun exploding and Diddy's and Bowser's facial expressions.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Phosphora takes the cake in this one! Not really a fan of the purple look on the Smash Ball here (it looks really awkward), and all the others aren't that special either screenshot-wise. (Information wise, obviously the SM3DL series of screenshots is the best this week.)

B-Squared

B-Squared said:

Phosphora!!!! While I had hoped she'd be playable, I also knew it was EXTREMELY unlikely, but I'm glad to see some exposure for her nonetheless!

Lance168

Lance168 said:

When I looked up on youtube the GameXplain video , someone in the comments noted that there's a Volcorona from Pokemon in the smash ball.

Chubblings

Chubblings said:

Great screens this week, and it was hard to decide between Rosalina and Phosphora, but I picked Rosalina.

Player4

Player4 said:

So Phosphora won't be a playable character? .. T_T
(Kinda expected it tho)

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

I wonder if he meant by his final smash statement that there are over 30 characters in total, or that the few characters confirmed so far have more than 1 Final Smash.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@FJOJR people have been reading too much into that statement. Im sure he was referring to the current roster. At its current number it would take nearly a month, not quite though. I think since theres so much we don't know, and so much we don't know and bit of info is completely dissected. Then again, anything above 25 or 31 would be more than a months worth, even a large roster of over 40 or 50 characters.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Rosalina made me think of the Queen from Frozen. I am never ever going to be able to get that Let it Go song out of my head.

Mytoemytoe

Mytoemytoe said:

@Tsuchinoko He releases Miiverse images M-F. It would take him 4 weeks worth of posts to cover all the Final Smashes. Over 20 characters. I don't think we'll get many more.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Thats what i was saying. At only having weekday posts, it would take over a month, with the current characters. The highest number of weekdays a month ban have is 23, there are 24 characters. Its a simple statement that people are reading way too much into.

Nomad

Nomad said:

Phosphora trophy looks great. Anything kid icarus is good in my book.
Rosalina certainly does look quite serene considering she's just been knocked out.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@Player4 @B-Squared
Out of all the characters in Kid Icarus was she the one you would have wanted added? I love her design but she was a pretty minor character in the game. There are far better candidates in my eyes.

Player4

Player4 said:

@AJWolfTill Ehm, probably not. I'd rather have Palutena and Ptooey, but the fact that she's an assist trophy is good enough for me

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Except for Pit pretty much everything in Uprising was amazing. And Phosphora's among my definite favourite characters in that game.
You wouldn't guess who i gave my vote. ;)

B-Squared

B-Squared said:

@AJWolfTill I never said she's the ONLY Uprising character I'd want to add. She's just one of them. And yeah, her being such a minor character, I knew it would be unlikely.

Yosher

Yosher said:

@Tsuchinoko I think it does, but I was more aiming at its current state in this particular screenshot that gives it the purple look anyway.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

So, more posts than a month's worth? That's gotta mean that all of Brawl's cast is returning.

And I'm hoping Magnus from Kid Icarus: Uprising makes the playable roster. He was pretty dang cool.