Wii U and 3DS Nintendo Direct Confirmed for 13th February

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

At last!

After a January in which Nintendo's priorities were financial reports and strategies, we finally get to focus on new games once again. The first Nintendo Direct of 2014 is confirmed for Thursday 13th February at 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern / 10pm UK / 11pm Europe; that time suggests that the company aims to reach more people, rather than the standard broadcast at around 10am Eastern. The broadcasts will be a little different per region, too, with Satoru Shibata confirmed to be sharing hosting duties with Satoru Iwata in Europe, while Nintendo of America will have its own segments.

As for the subject matter, both Nintendo of America and Europe have said that it will be "a Nintendo Direct focused on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games launching by the end of spring". That doesn't mean surprises are off the agenda, as the pre-broadcast description is often cautious; at the very least we'd expect to learn more about titles such as Mario Kart 8 and others due in the next few months, vital in terms of filling out the release schedules for the Wii U and 3DS.

As always we'll be providing live and post-broadcast coverage right here on Nintendo Life. So, how hyped are you for the first Nintendo Direct of the year?

King47

King47 said:

First Direct since I had a Wii U.
At last, but I'll keep my expectations low!!
Bring it on Nintendo.

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

Sorry, my dear Chemistry professor. But I've got somewhere else to be at 4 P.M. tomorrow, and it's no where near your classroom.

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

Prediction:

Additional Mario Kart 8 Details

SMB 3 Release Date

Hyrule Warriors Information

New Bundle

Regardless, I hope it's good. Not that I've ever seen a bad Nintendo Direct, of course.

enderboy221

enderboy221 said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!! Yeeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!! I'm not joking, I screamed when I saw this. My sister thinks I'm going crazy, but man it's worth it! Yeeeeeeesssss!!!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I recall someone guessing it would be at/around Valentine's day...guess they won the Nintendo Direct Raffle.

Falkor

Falkor said:

My expectations are low. I just have this feeling that we'll get a new character for MK8 and maybe a new boss for Donkey Kong or something. I hope I'm proven wrong. Here's hoping we'll get release dates for Bayonetta 2 and an update on X and Yarn Yoshi...but I'm not holding my breath.

Lord

Lord said:

Probably see the new AE game and the ONM hinted title as well. I imagine it will be mostly DKtf and MK8 with a small section on yoshi island 3d bundle and game and possibly a new contender for SSB.

DakotaM47

DakotaM47 said:

Predictions : (Not hoping any higher than this)
1. Super Mario Bros. 3 FINALLY on VC
2. Dragon Quest 7/Monsters 1/2 localizations (PLZ)
3. The rest of the Wii Sports Club Sports
4. New Smash Bros. character (veteran/newcomer both are welcome)
^ Possibly Yoshi/Diddy

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

We need news about "X" and SMT x FE. I won't buy a WiiU as long as there is no official word on which regions get these games. If its Jap only s***w them, if its US ony i'll be willing to import one, just as I was willing to import my 3DS. If it's EU or even better both sides of the atlantic ... even better!

King47

King47 said:

All I want is news on X, a game from a not so used franchise, or some localization news.

kuribo4

kuribo4 said:

I am excited. I know you should keep expectations low. Smash character will be Diddy... I hope Yoshi too!

rjejr

rjejr said:

So are we allowed to post about it here or are all our comments going to disappear without a trace like Amelia Earhart?

Anyway, my paranoid delusions aside, looking forward to this, just to get it over w/ at this point.

1 thing that would be a nice surprise, a DKCTF home demo since it releases a week after the ND. How hard could it be to make a demo of a level based game? I'm guessing someone has played a demo level of this somewhere.

Besides that I want dates. They have enough games coming out supposedly this year that I don't even need any new game info, just a date for Bayonetta 2 and MK8. (I know it's May, that's a month, not a date.)

See ya all manana.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

Though I will remain hopefull, I am not expecting any big surprise reveals, as that will likely be saved till E3. Some info on Yoshi's New Island would be quite welcome though!

Shy_Guy

Shy_Guy said:

Awesome! Now maybe they can give us a reason on why SMB3 hasn't been on the eshop yet,and maybe some info on yarn yoshi too.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

I can't wait to see Reggie's fake brave face. Hold those tears in big guy, and announce New Super Stale Bros 99. Flee the Village!. ;)

astroshamu

astroshamu said:

Awesome a Nintendo Direct that I don't have to wake up at 6 AM! Looking forward to seeing what they've got for us in store this time

Mint_Pepper

Mint_Pepper said:

Yes! I'm sure we will hear about Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney release date for North America. Even though it says Spring, I think they will at least mention Smash Bros.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

My prediction is that Peter Moore will be hosting this one and showing us all the amazing EA games they will be bringing as part of the unprecedented partnership.

I'd settle for MK8 demo and date.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

OH MY GOD FINALLY! This is it, guys, this is the Nintendo Direct we've been waiting for, after weeks of bad news and dissapointment with Wii U sales, investors stuff, etc. It's time for Nintendo to prove why they are the best and why they have been around on the industry more than any other gaming company!... sigh or actually nope considering this is just for Spring news, so I'm honestly with low expectation for the good. But it's time to make it big! Iwata always announces something new! Drop some bombs, and just omg looking forward for tomorrow!

Edit: I was about to write that maybe it would not be so big considering Nintendo Japan haven't announced nothing yet... But they did it just now on their twitter! So now the hype is genuine and big!! We can have some big announcements omg!

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

I'm hoping for either a DK or MK8 demo. I'd love to see some Yoshi and SMT x FE, but my expectations aren't that high this time (I'm sure Iwata will be able to blow me away with something if I don't expect anything cool :P)

10000mario

10000mario said:

Keeping expectations low...
Iwata bows to camera and says "here is Reggie"
Reggie looks at camera and says "My body is ready... Here's Bill Trenen"
Bill is dressed as a knight and says "I herby declare 2014 the year o' Luigi 2"
Goes back to Iwata who says "We are now offering DLC for NSMB2 coin rush"
Direct abruptly ends.

In case you didn't know... That was a joke...

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Yus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now can everyone shut up for a week????????? I look forward to hearing more info on big name titles coming soon (especially the 3DS side of things... I love you too Wii U!!!!)

Fededx

Fededx said:

Please announce DQ7 and X coming to America!!! My body is ready Reggie!

zeldafoursword

zeldafoursword said:

YES!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! FINALLY!!! i have a good feeling we will see some masive announcement tomorrow i expect some news from X (really looking forward to this game), bayonneta 2,yarn yoshi, shin megami tensei x fire emblem and some kind of announcement for the wii u virtual console i hope iwata talks a little bit more about ds games on vc and gba and n64 games that they promised last year and hopefully he announces gamecube games!!

Moose_4

Moose_4 said:

Nintendo 64 on eShop straight after the Direct would be great.
Need to play some classics on the gamepad.

Falkor

Falkor said:

Next Level Games tweeted to watch tomorrow for the Nintendo Direct. Do you think we will hear about a new project they are doing? Mario Strikers 3? New Punch Out? Or what about a Star Fox? They have said in the past that Nintendo keeps giving them "better and better IP's."

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

Damn it! Working till five, least I'll have something to look forward to when I get home! Bring it on

MoonKnight7

MoonKnight7 said:

@rjejr

LOL, I know! I just noticed that the nintendo direct comments were deleted. All mine said was "Cool, thanks for the update."

Harsh world.

ChuJelly

ChuJelly said:

Bet anything we'll probably get a new Smash character reveal, particularly someone from Donkey Kong Country. It is the Japan release date for Tropical Freeze, after all! :D
Here's hoping they reveal Dixie or K. Rool, or at the very least announce the return of Diddy! They're all on my personal wishlist for SSB4. Maybe we could get the Diddy + Dixie tag team, as was originally planned in Brawl? I guess we'll see... :)

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

Unusally late schedule for a direct...
Oh well.
Hopefully some updates on some games that has been already been announced a la mario golf world tour and maybly Yarn yoshi. Nvm it's covering spring. Yarn yoshi wont make that time.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@hylianhalcyon
Yeah, Nintendo Directs are usually pretty meh. I can't stand that little modern non nintendo-y' ambient techno 'trying to be icey cool & hip' quickie jingle they play before Every nintendo direct. It sounds more suitable for the serious duders down at Sony HQ. And then you've got the Reg head sitting in his dull boring office with that dreary ugly weather peaking out the window behind the back of his fat head.

Oh, and make way for 'stiff' Iwata aka, the standing nutcracker, who has as much personality as a dried up tempura roll, where he presents his mono tone dribble in front of a white background of 'nothingness'. C'mon Nintendo, make things exciting again! Enough of these stale casual restrained NintenDirect/presentations. They need to start filling their offices with these wonderful things > ;)

Untitled
Untitled
Their 2013 E3 stage floor was amazing :o It was just magical, now THAT'S nintendo.

Really though, i'm pretty damn excited. Nintendo needs to get us pumped, what, with all of the goopy back lash they've been receiving for all of these silly 3rd party devs jumping ship.

Dyltheman

Dyltheman said:

hoping for Mario kart and Kirby release dates as well as a bit of VC goodness, maybe a surprise or 2

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

Guess I'll skip the 10 o'clock news tomorrow night, oh well I'm too busy at the usual UK time of 3PM.

PleaseUnderstan

PleaseUnderstan said:

This is brought directly to U!
We know going in DKC and Mario Kart and the DS VC is going to get word, but what else is there, will they announce that Bayonetta 2 is delayed till November?

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I really like how they announce these things the day before. I hate waiting. I'll put $1.00 on a new Earthbound announcement. I'll take 1000-1 odds.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Physical release of Wii Sports Club would be nice.

Expect DKC Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Kart 8, DS Wii U VC, GBA 3DS VC, announcement on quick start menu, perhaps Hyrule Warriors, perhaps Mario Golf for NA, perhaps Kirby Triple Deluxe for the west, and personally, I'm expecting Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Wii U to be announced for early April (I have my reasons). If we're really lucky, Bayonetta 2 and Smash 4 will get release dates, and we COULD- don't get your hopes up anyone, but COULD get a surprise announcement or 2 for Wii U and 3DS.

dknintendo

dknintendo said:

I predict a new super mario strikers on wii u for may/june because of the world cup this year

PleaseUnderstan

PleaseUnderstan said:

With nearly ten weeks to get this Direct together they best deliver some showstopping, jaw dropping, worth money dropping announcements!

Frapp

Frapp said:

Atari 2600 on Virtual Console. First game: E.T. the Extra Terrestrial for only £4.99.

PleaseUnderstan

PleaseUnderstan said:

Nintendo: We have acquired FLAPPY BIRD and the owner has removed it from distribution. It will come out in April 1st on E-Shop for $14.99.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

@Nintenjoe64 — Is that when he reveals that AE games is really EA's new Nintendo Only development group and will be bringing everything single EA game to the WII U.......as part of the unprecedented relationship......

PleaseUnderstan

PleaseUnderstan said:

I would love Atari games on VC, Warlords and Combat still are fun but I would never pay more than a buck each for them.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

I'm waiting for "Hi, this is Reggie from Nintendo. We've just purchased the Mega Man franchise from crapcom"

Too good to be true, i know. But just imagine if pulled this off andalso got Keiji Inafune to work at the Big N

Sparx

Sparx said:

Hmm... 2/13/2014

2 teams in hoenn
1x3=3 hoenn was 3rd gen
20-14=6 the ancient language of hoenn used 6 dots

Hoenn confirmed

Zach777

Zach777 said:

Predictions:

1) They will show no news games we didn't already know about 6 months ago to present time.

2) There will be no new info on the state of VC titles on Wii U or 3DS.

3) DKCTF will take center stage leaving an underwhelming after taste and more Wii U fear/dread stories than ever.

4) Iwata will apologize at least five times for something and ask for patience as well.

5) Reggie will still be a dork.

This is the next Nintendo Direct reality, please be patient.

MaverickHunterX

MaverickHunterX said:

It's about damn time!
This may the first ND I get to watch while I'm not at work.

For this ND, I'm expecting a reiteration of MK8's release date, more info on Smash Bros, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Golf, maybe another trailer for DKC:TF, and Yoshi's New Island...that's about it.

Just like a few of the others on this site, I'm keeping my expectations low.
Though, I do hope for a few surprises.

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

@Zach777 Even though I'm obviously hoping for much better things, I'm kinda expecting this prediction to come true. :(

Point five I don't agree with in general. ;)

Vhyper1985

Vhyper1985 said:

I'm guessing definite info on Mario Kart, Shovel Knight & Wooden Sensay since those are supposed to be released in May & March respectively... I'm hoping for info on Bayonetta 2 since that was playable at a few shows last year.... Beyond that PLEASE announce you're doing something with the VC or at least give us a date of when we can expect GBA, N64, DS etc on WiiU!

Don't get my hopes up... :( I'd love for Ninty to make a Mega Man game especially if it was in the style of the Smash model...

SofaKing

SofaKing said:

Who knows, since its been over a month, Nintendo might pack last months direct in with this one. It might be a good one.

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

@WaveBoy Doubtful that's going to happen (unless it's VC related). I'm holding them to their word that there will be only one 2D Mario game per system. It's a little too soon for another 3D Mario game (unless they announce it for the 3DS).

I expect it's going to have another indie demo reel and probably release dates for games this year. That's most likely the most we are going to get. Then again...I said something similar before the 3DS saving Direct so I "could" be wrong.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I won't predict anything, and I have moderate expectations.

I will have to stay at work after my shift, which ends exactly at the time this Direct starts, to watch it.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Finally! 5 PM Eastern is great for me.

My predictions:
1. A few final details on Tropical Freeze to whet the appetite for release.
2. More details on Mario Kart 8
3. More details on Yoshi's New Island
4. Western release dates for Kirby: Triple Deluxe
5. Next Level's new game is from a sequel of a series they've already done (Mario Stirkers or Punch-Out!!)
I'd say a Smash Bros. newcomer, but Diddy Kong is more than likely being revealed tomorrow for the Japanese release of Tropical Freeze, unless Sakurai wants to announce two characters on one day.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

The best part about having a Nintendo Direct on a Thursday (eShop update day) is the moment when they say, "...And this game will be made available after this presentation."

Webby-sama

Webby-sama said:

Everything I'm looking forward to I kinda already have expectations for that a Direct likely won't change, so I only want to know about Super Mario Bros 3.

I will also take an unexpected surprise.

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

Well of the possibilities there is:

Release dates confirmed for X, SSB U, MK8, and SMT x FE
Possible announcement of a new game that has been hinted at this week
Details on the DS on Wii U Virtual Console
Details on N64 on Wii U Virtual Console
SMB3 finally on Wii U Virtual Console

Unfortunately, I will be driving home from work when this airs.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Really my expectations aren't high, but I would really like to hear about just ONE exciting new Wii U game.

mudmask

mudmask said:

I think, given the dismal January reports and Iwata's new strategies, we could use a good surprise or two...

Like X.

K-Gamer

K-Gamer said:

I had my expectations low last direct, and they exceeded them. So this time there are higher but not to high.

Nictendo64

Nictendo64 said:

I don't know man. Unless they announce that project X is online, a new Zelda U or Metroid U, or DS/GBA titles for the Wii U eShop. I'm really not interested. They need to seriously step it up. They announced GBA games for the eShop over a YEAR AGO.

DinoFett

DinoFett said:

Lately everything we heard in the past two weeks has been a Nintendo Direct in a different point of view for January.

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

Everyone is saying they dont expect surprise new announcements because Ninty will wait for E3. While I don't want to get hopes up, as Nintendo is incredibly unpredictable, last year's February 14 Nintendo Direct was awesome. Ninty announced the 'year of Luigi' and revealed New Super Luigi U, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and Mario Golf: World Tour. They also gave new info on games like Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Not bad for a February Direct. Just because it isnt E3 doesnt mean they wont announce anything. Heck, the best game they announced last year in my opinion was Link Between Worlds, which was announced in an April Direct.

Keep expectations reasonable, of course. We've had great Directs and we've seen some that were pretty disappointing. I just wanted to point out that it doesnt have to be E3 time for big reveals with Ninty.

PrincessEevee9

PrincessEevee9 said:

@Sparx Lawl while we're dreaming here Sinnoh conformed cause why not.

@WaveBoy "We have some news for you to hear please take a look"Cuts to newest Persona game with the Nintendo only logos with a special message welcoming Sega to the family and to the side all the crying Sony fans". I just wanna see how this'd play out.

For some ridiculous reason I'm going to say they announce the localization of Terry's Wonderland and Iru to Ruka!

SMW

SMW said:

I'll have to watch it an hour late due to work, but I'll just stay away from here until I've seen it for myself.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

finally now nintendo what are you going to talk about the problem that everyone left you or watch dogs is delayed only for your system or your going to give us info about the games we know already like trailers or info about new games i hope its all three, come on nintendo get serious and i dont want to see iwata saying sorry like ten times in the direct i want him to do something to change whats happening to the wiiu.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

My predictions are we get launch dates for MK8, SMB3 (USA) and a few other Wii U/3DS titles but not Smash Bros. Lots of Tropical Freeze and Yoshi's New Island gameplay as those come out soon, maybe some Mario Golf/Yarn Yoshi/etc.

My huge hope is they announce a Wii U title being released between Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart to fill the void.

BlackSpy

BlackSpy said:

The Iceman bricketh,
The cakeman baketh,
and the Iwataman Directeth.
Untitled
ENGAGE Nintendo Direct fanfare.
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_EQeArjcWM]

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Smash Bros. release dates...I hope both will be out next month, lol.
(probably not gonna happen, but...)

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

Man I hope I don't have to go to musical rehearsal tomorrow after school. If I don't, then I know what I'm doing at 4 tomorrow.

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

"a Nintendo Direct focused on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games launching by the end of spring." No X, then, most likely. sigh :(

RetroRider

RetroRider said:

@mudmask

Haha, oh man that is rich! XD

My highest expectations for tomorrow is a smash bros release date, and Diddy Kong and Little Mac to be revealed in the same day!!1! Such real expectations. But seriously, you could die thinking that kind of stuff.

mudmask

mudmask said:

@RetroRider I wouldn't mind a demo of some of those games that are nearing completion... you know, downloadable right after the announcement and what not. I know Nintendo isn't too big on demos, though. BUT a 1 level mario kart demo would actually be pretty smart.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

According to Nintendo, this Direct covers 3DS and Wii U games coming out from now until the end of spring. Basically this means anything coming out before E3. My predictions:

3DS:

Yoshi's New Island bundle and reminder
Reminders of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, Conception II, and Disney Magical World
Mario Golf World Tour release date
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright release date
Possibly a Kirby Triple Deluxe release date.

Wii U:

DKC Tropical Freeze trailer and details
Wii Sports Club Boxing and Baseball available after the broadcast
Mario Kart 8 release date and trailer
Maybe a Bayonetta 2 trailer, not likely though.
Possible new eShop-only game from Nintendo.
NES Remix DLC?

Both:

Sonic Boom
Indie sizzle reel
Diddy Kong announced for Smash (I wouldn't mind seeing Cranky Kong though!)

Don't expect anything else.

Ryno

Ryno said:

They are going to announce the delay of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze but please understand Urban Champion will be available for .30 cents in the meantime.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Finally! Now people can stop complaining about how there hasn't been a Nintendo direct for a few weeks.

Anyways,Mario Kart 8, DKC: Tropical Freeze, and Kirby Triple Deluxe seem like the obvious titles that will be mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai shows up to deliver more info on SSB4, as I doubt Nintendo wants to stop reminding everybody about the game. I'm sure there will be some quirky thing thing to remind watchers that it's Valentine's Day, whether that be a small app/game or a visual gag. As for new game announcements? I'm not sure. I wouldn't be too surprised if a new downloadable game was announced (whether or not it be related to Valentine's Day). We might see a new retail game announcement, but my guess is that the game would either be part of a second-tier Nintendo property (NOT Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon) or it would be a small tease for a game that would be fully revealed at E3 2014. Once again, I'm not really expecting anything groundbreaking or earth-shattering, but I would say that's alright at this moment in time.

WebHead

WebHead said:

Not getting my expectations too high..though an announcement of the original Bayonetta for the Wii U eShop would be nice.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

While on one hand this means that Wii U will have a pretty sparse spring outside of MK8, DKC, and some indies while 3DS has a solid spring, this also means that Nintendo's E3 lineup is gonna kick donkey.

Nintendo's E3 lineup:

Bayonetta 2
X
Hyrule Warriors
Zelda U
Smash Bros
Sonic Boom (shown by Sega, not by Nintendo)
Any surprise Wii U games (Miyamoto's new IP?)
More 3DS games (we don't know of anything coming out for it in the 2nd half of 2014 outside of Smash!)

I don't know about you, but that's a killer E3 lineup. Nintendo would have to actually go out of their way to do something extremely stupid to mess that up.

Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen said:

My predictions:
1. Castlevania SOTN sequel on Wii U.
2. Advance wars 3D
3. Metroid U
4. Monster Hunter 4 U for Wii U and 3DS
5. Project X zone 2
6. Project Car footage
7. Harvest Moon U
8. Super Mario Galaxy 3
9. Final Fantasy Tactics 3D
10. Pokemon MMO

Don't wake me up plz.

GalacticMario28

GalacticMario28 said:

I hope people are happy now, and realize they were being just a little impatient.

As for the content of the Direct, I'm glad we're getting info on Spring games; hopefully a fair few of them are for the Wii U, even if they're relatively small games, as the Wii U could do with a few more games in the coming months. My expectations aren't too high, but I am hopeful for at least a little good news.

TheRaven

TheRaven said:

IMPORTANT:
Soraya Saga re-tweeted the post about the Japanese direct. The only two times she has done this was when a X trailer was released. Since this direct will focus on games coming out in spring, does that mean...

DanMan82

DanMan82 said:

I hope we get to hear some stuff we can actually look forward too. Iwata thanks you for your patience:

Untitled

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I'm hesitant to say it but there is a LOT of empty space in the current line up so I really think Nintendo will be giving us some new content released before e3!

KarateKid1234

KarateKid1234 said:

YESSS! YESSSSS!
Every day i'd wake up just to see if a direct would be announced!
Also, today my first nephew was born, so this will be a 2 day in a row treat!

stream1.gifsoup.com/view/126331/m-bison-yes-o.gif
(embedding still hates me)

Predictions:
-Some news on Sonic Boom and/or Maybe the second Sonic: Lost World DLC.
-New/Returning SSB4 Character
-Mario Golf 3DS News
-New Game?
-Diancie (newest pokemon) News
Might add more soon!

Oubie

Oubie said:

Predictions for Wii U:

• Updates about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8
  • Updates about eShop titles like: Child of Light, Wooden Sen’SeY, Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails, Shovel Knight, Tengami and Pier Solar HD

Although it says only Spring, but when are we going to see more about X, Bayonetta 2, Yoshi Wii U and Fire Emblem VS Shin Megami Tensei? Want to see a surprise announcement too and more Virtual Console games.

PS: I've seen enough of Super Smash Bros.!!!

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

@TheRaven That would be amazing, but I highly doubt it would come in Spring.

@GalacticMario28 Agreed. I think it's fairly obvious that there won't be another major retail game coming to Wii U between DKC and Mario Kart 8 (I'd kinda like to be proven wrong though). We need some strong indie game announcements/reminders and other new eShop games like we saw with Dr Luigi and NES Remix.

T7L3R

T7L3R said:

@Discipledoctor Thank goodness I don't have class tomorrow...couldn't afford to miss...but I know I would if I was in that position. Guess we have bad priorities lol

I'd like to hear some more about this Quality of Life thing...don't know if that's the sort of thing to appear in a Direct though...

rjejr

rjejr said:

@JaxonH - Would Luigi's Manson be a VC like port or an actual Wii U HD translation? Ill buy either. If Luigi was April and MK8 was May can we please get B2 in March? It's seemed like a March game to me since it was announced. DCKTF is close enough that I won't even bother joking about it being delayed. And nothing else has a date, so Iwata might not have anything to apologize for this time. That would be nice, I always hate those parts.

@MoonKnight7 - "Cool, thanks for the update."

You MONSTER!! ;-)

Doma

Doma said:

@Zach777 Correct!

I'll wait for the aftermath, as always. These clown shows are too embarassing for me to sit through. SMT IV release date better be coming.

antipop621

antipop621 said:

Good idea to broadcast later. I'm lucky enough that I can watch these while I'm at work, but surely it sucks for students and others who can't.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@rjejr

Also expect Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, and Disney Magical Kingdom to be mentioned in tomorrow's Direct.

NOTE* Don't get your hopes up for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. It's just a personal hunch based on several indicators I've keenly observed. I could be way off. But the leaked Newegg box art (they only post submissions by their suppliers, in which case would be Nintendo), the "Year of Luigi being extended into 2014", the Luigi's Mansion diorama figures shipping out in March in NA, and the tease for a new Wii U game in next month's issue of ONM. Idk, it just seems like the pieces fit.

Oubie

Oubie said:

Predictions for 3DS:

• Updates about: Yoshi’s New Island, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Disney Magical World, Mario Golf: World Tour and Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy for the US.
  • eShop titles: Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse, Nintendo Pocket Football Club (interesting for soccer fans in Europe), Moon Chronicles, Shovel Knight, Treasurenauts
  • Hope to see Fantasy Life and the Dragon Quest 7 remake announced too.
unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I think I would like a best of Warioware. (Combination of buttons / gyro / touchscreen just the best ones. The 3DS has all the hardware and it wouldn't cost loads).

Something like the original Gameboy Donkey Kong - again cheap and I like it much more than I expected I would do.

Gunlord pretty soon on 3DS. (Not played it anywhere near enough even though I did pick it up on the Dreamcast).

GunstarHero234

GunstarHero234 said:

Meh i'm just isn't that excited about this every direct I watched was always disappointing and I know this one isn't going to be any better so I won't get my hopes up.

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

@JaxonH if you are right, and i kinda believe you are, if they add anything new to the game for the wii u version they should release it as an update or dlc for the 3ds version

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

I am very excited! I hate that I have to wait so long into the day, but oh well. Hopefully tomorrow is another snow day, so I can be at home to watch this. w00t w00t

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@SirQuincealot

I do believe Pokemon Z will be a reality down the line, but not this soon. They'll wait years until the shelf life of X and Y has been fully exposed. If, and this is a big if, but if Luigi's Mansion does make the jump to Wii U, I think it'll just be the core game from the 3DS version, real-time map on the pad, which will also be used for asymmetrical local co-op Scarescraper. If it comes, it'll be as a filler between DKC and Mario Kart. And there's enough work just porting the core game. Don't think they'd have time to develop additional content on top of that.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Oh man! It's on at 8am my time, wayyyy too early. If I'm up at that time (unlikely) I'll watch it live otherwise I'll just watch the recording of it while avoiding all other websites except the Nintendo Direct one & even when I get there, gotta cover half the computer screen with my hand until I can fullscreen the video or else I'll see spoilers in the video playlist! Hahaha.

I'm looking forward to the humour like bananas, too many Luigis, that sorta thing. What ever happened to non-specific action figure? I wish he would come back into the humour rotation, at least as a cameo! Everyone was talking about NSAF, he was so cool! :D Hahaha.

Any game talk is icing on the cake for me. I keep my expectations low so I can more easily become suprised at the awesomeness of it all. A much better way to approach these sorts of videos I think. Peace!

Oubie

Oubie said:

I know it will never happen, but I so wish to get HD remakes of Wii classics Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story just to fill the blanks in the release schedule! :(

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

The only thing I'm expecting out of this is my face changing. My expectations are always low, other than that...

My face is ready :)

AVahne

AVahne said:

Awesome! Except that time-frame doesn't seem like it'll be very interesting. Only game I know that's exciting coming out in spring is Mario Kart 8.

Austroid

Austroid said:

Hope to see some more of Sonic Boom.

Also would like to see Captain Falcon's SSB4 reveal as a cinematic trailer, like Rosalina's. Just because he's way overdue.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@Oubie
I want a 1080p version of Elebits running in 60fps. ;) This is one franchise we'll never and i mean ever get a sequel to ever again. Awesome game, that sold poorly. Just like Zack & Wiki. And it's infuriating, because no matter how great most of these colorful and whimsical new IP's are they crumble to the waste side in favor of what's already popular....

New IP's however that follow in the violent, bullet-hell shooting last man on earth, stubble warrior romping, zombie slaying, decayed brown & grey realistic flashy sauced' movie-games do quite well...

I mean honestly, if Nintendo whipped out a StarTropics 3 it would do just about as well as Pikmin 3 which is reDuckulous.
Punch-Out!! 3D or U wouldn't do that great either. The solution? Keep releasing Mario 99, Legend of Zelda and more Pokemons. ;)

Oubie

Oubie said:

@WaveBoy Hahaha true. Completely understand you! Maybe Nintendo will now focus on the real games for the fans on the Wii U...and let all those nongames shine on their Quality of Health platform next year. Maybe we will be a niche, but we will have a system just for us. I WANT AMAZING NINTENDO GAMES FOR NINTENDO GAMERS!!!

Sorry :)

HappyHappyist

HappyHappyist said:

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
PLEASE NINTENDO! MORE X FOOTAGE!!!!11

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

I'm totally going to lose my [fecal matter]. Smash Bros showing up on the Direct would be [cause of the stork's arrival]ing awesome.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

I apologise in (Game Boy) advance for my joke in the comment above this one. It was absurdly lame, but then again, I can't hide my excitement.

Cia

Cia said:

They might have a surprise in their sleeve after all the negative press lately. Gotta say i'm moderately hyped! :)

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

5pm? Dang I'll have to catch the first several minutes on youtube on the wii.. Oh well liked it better earlier in the day but oh well.

Prayfully/hopefully Kuma Tomo - 3DS is released in the US finally!! :D

I want my teddy bear game! ;)

if nintendo direct is focusing on end of spring titles maybe Kuma Tomo - 3DS finally be released! :D YAYYY!!!! :D

Happy gaming! (^_^)

PokemaniacJOK

PokemaniacJOK said:

You know I was just thinking about how long it had been since one of these... Please assure me that Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is real.

Oubie

Oubie said:

I hope Nintendo will give Kuju Entertainment one last chance to make a 3rd Battalion Wars, this time with much better controls, HD graphics, online multiplayer. I think the GamePad could be implemented in very clever ways for this action/strategy title. Maybe I'm the only one, but I loved part 2 on the Wii :)

rumple88

rumple88 said:

Wario crashes Barbie's dream house party, staring kid n play. Announced tomorrow at 5pm, fingers crossed.

Wolf_Link

Wolf_Link said:

ohhh man if im correct thats 4pm here in Mexico and at that time im still at work... will i ever see another live Nintendo direct? well , i guess im skypping gym tomorrow after work

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

@JaxonH "They will wait years until the shelf life of X and Y is fully exposed" That's not how Pokemon games work. Pokemon Z will come this year or next year.

GN004Nadleeh

GN004Nadleeh said:

woo hoo! stuff we already know about and probably how mario 3 wont release on 3ds until late october....

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

@GN004Nadleeh

Nah its say's there going to talk about stuff that's close to the end of spring which mean's hello Kuma Tomo - 3DS!! :D Finger's & toe's crossed. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Superiorspider

Superiorspider said:

Here's what I think is upcoming

Metroid starring Cranky Kong
Zelda starring Cranky Kong
Animal Crossing, every character is Cranky Kong
Wii Sports: Cranky Kong Edition
Cranky Kong Kart 8
Shin Megami Tensei X Cranky Kong X Fire Emblem X Cranky Kong
Bayonetta 2 featuring Cranky Kong
X featuring Cranky Kong mechs

MrCharles77

MrCharles77 said:

Don't hype...I remember some last directs, the ones you say were the best, my question is where are those games?? After a all year the vast majority was not released, even the indies that were supposed to come last year. I've pre ordered donkey kong, and the gamepad is useless in that game...the wii u is a nintendo system, and the best gamepad use is made by 3rd parties (that already turn their backs on the system) is sad.
The problem I see is people hype a lot, imagine they they show a picture of a new metroid or the new zelda...those games wont be ready in two years. How many nintendo AAA we got last year? They dont have games, many bought the console only for first party games, and I'm ok with that people should play whatever they want, but were are those first party games?

Don't hype...I predic that majora mask will appear for wii u.

Best regards to everyone and for God sake wake up Nintendo.

Nomad

Nomad said:

What's a Nintendo Direct? Oh wait a minute, my memory is starting to come back. Yeah, isn't it where Nintendo communicates its plans to gamers? Yeah that's right. Sorry, I had forgotten since it's been so long since we last had one.
Seriously though, it had better be worth the wait.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

@MrCharles77 You do realize they're showing Zelda U at E3 this year right? They almost showed it last year too. Zelda U will be ready for next year, or this fall if we're lucky. Plus they've now got the ALBW team to help speed up the development.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@IceClimbers

Can you elaborate? Or give examples of past Pokemon games where the third game released only months after the first two? The past 2 (Black/White and Black 2/White 2 never even got a third compilation game, so it's hard to say if we'll even get a third (though I do think we will)

2Sang

2Sang said:

I'm honestly expecting some big annoucements. Maybe not things coming too soon, but some games that will be out before E3.
I'd also like SMB3 on the 3ds because it's been months now with no announcment and it's getting really tiring to not see it every week.

JosieC84

JosieC84 said:

WOO HOO!!! A new Nintendo Direct tomorrow, which is well overdue.
I'm hopping mad like a Kangaroo LOL.

Keep your fingers crossed (like I am) for more information about X and Bayonetta 2 with hopefully a release date.

If Nintendo wants to grab the core gamer's attention, they need to bring out more amazing games. At the moment, most gamers are thinking, "Wii U is a underpowered weak console for kids"
They seriously have to come up with an idea that would change those biased views.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

@JaxonH Pokemon Diamond/Pearl came out in America in 2007. Pokemon Platinum came out in 2009, two years later. Pokemon Emerald came out two years after Ruby/Sapphire, with FireRed/LeafGreen in the year between them. I suppose there was just a bit of misunderstanding.

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 is the 3rd game to Black/White - they decided to make a sequel instead of just reselling the same game with extra features and slightly altered storyline.

Pokemon Z or X2/Y2 will come sometime at the end of this year. I doubt they'd announce this during this Direct though.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@MrCharles77

Keep in mind, last year was the Wii U's first year, which the post launch drought fell into. Post launch droughts happen on all consoles (see PS4/X1) and are not exclusive to Nintendo (granted the Wii U's was certainly to a further degree). Even so, Nintendo still managed at least 10 major releases last year on Wii U, even with the drought.

Every Nintendo game that has released has been shown in a Direct at some point. Now, you say the majority of "those games" were not released. Well actually, the majority of games shown have been released. The only games shown in Directs that are not currently out are Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros 4, X, SMT x Fire Emblem, Hyrule Warriors and Yoshi's Yarn (DKC is out in Japan- next week for us, and Bayonetta is not 1st party). The indies were not shown until very late last year. It hasn't been that long, and they're all coming out over the next 30-60 days.

People complain when Nintendo doesn't give a heads up until right before the game releases. Well, consider this as them trying a different approach. Which ultimately results in statements like yours- people complaining the games still aren't out. Can't have it both ways. Either they announce far in advance so we know it's coming, or they don't announce until months before release. Either way, people will complain.

As for the gamepad, every game uses off-screen play, don't forget. People dismiss that all the time as if it's "not worthy". But ok, so you want more. Well, Pikmin 3 used it for real time resource management (directing multiple characters at once), Zelda Windwaker HD used it for real time inventory and map, Wonderful 101 used it for touch control Unite Morphs and dual screen puzzles, Nintendo Land used it for, well, everything imaginable, Game&Wario used it for again, everything imaginable, Wii Party U used it for everything imaginable, Wii Fit U used it for various dual screen activities, and Wii Sports Club used it as an extension of environment, allowing players to see the ball, club and power meter on the gamepad, while using the Wiimote to hit the ball off the gamepad into the fairway on the TV.

That's 8 games right there, out of what, 12 1st party releases thus far? That's over half. And I would argue Nintendo's games have actually shown the most innovation. I mean seriously, who thinks the ZombiU trumps Wonderful 101 in gamepad use? Who thinks ANY game trumps Wii Sports Club (that's THE best use I've seen yet), or the practicality of using the gamepad in Pikmin 3?

The thing is, not every game is suited to use a second screen. I mean, people complain when a game doesn't use the gamepad for something special, but what exactly do you want done? What great and innovative use do you visualize a platformer like DKC using the gamepad for? Or Smash Bros? Or Mario Kart? I'd say use it for a rearview mirror in Mario Kart and asymmetrical gameplay in Smash, but chances are they're already doing that.

Fact is, 2 out of every 3 releases thus far has substantially used the gamepad for something extra. But it would be foolish to shoehorn it in EVERY game, just so they could say "See, we used it for something!" It's a tool, there for use IF the developers feel it can add to the game, just like they used Wiimote in Pikmin 3, because it was a perfect fit. Use it when it works, don't force it if it doesn't. Just because a painter has a snazzy new color on his palate, doesn't mean he should use it in every painting. No- use it when it's a natural fit and adds to the beauty of the painting.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@IceClimbers

If what you say is true (2 years after the fact), then I'd expect it to be a late 2015 release, if it's indeed coming. I don't think they'd hype a compilation game a year in advance, so that could be something shown at E3 2015 with a holiday release.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Aww man why did they have to change the time? 10pm was a perfect time for me to watch Directs. Now it's 6am? Ugh looks like I'll be watching it later after all the news has been spoiled for me. At least the overreacting for skipping a month is over now. Although I have a feeling the next overreaction will be people overhyping themselves and hating what is revealed.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

@JaxonH Perhaps. I'm not entirely sure what they're gonna do. I'd like to point out that 2016 is Pokemon's 20th anniversary. Game Freak and Nintendo may be planning something for that.

Fabs

Fabs said:

I only hope Nintendo realises how important this ND really is after all those weeks of doom and gloom news.

I don't care about games I know are coming out, please, PLEASE give me something to look forward to now that everyone else has walked out the door (3rd party support) and the only thing we got left is U...

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Fabs

The negative news never ends. And they can't release earth shattering games every month, so at some point you've just gotta brush all that negativity aside. Who cares if there's negative news? Doesn't change anything for us. Let everyone else hate. It's not like they're a majority anyways. Fansite gamers are a VERY tiny slice of the market. The other 90% will never hear a thing, cause this isn't their passion and they don't frequent gaming sites or keep tabs on news. Consoles are just a distraction to them, like an iPod.

Why do you not care about games you know are coming out? We've got stuff to look forward to. We just need more info on that. Release dates, trailers, and the like. Let's see if Hyrule Warriors is coming out this spring. Let's see if Smash will make a Q3 release, perhaps August. Lets see if Bayonetta 2 makes Q3 release as well. Let's get more info on Mario Kart 8. There's also an unannounced game teased by ONM, which may or may not be revealed tomorrow. At the latest, it'll make front cover of next month's magazine. For the big guns- X, Zelda U, and other surprise releases, you may have to settle down til E3.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Huzzah! I will be so there once the time comes... Unless I need to do something. Yay for a reasonable time though. With the past direct times, I'd need to wake up much earlier.

Kuksenkov

Kuksenkov said:

Lets get ready for the overselfhype and wait to see the breakdowns and meltdowns after everyone was expecting F-Zero, Metroid and Star Fox for Wii U even thought they already knew it was not happening and now are complaining about Nintendo's "crappy" Direct!!

MrCharles77

MrCharles77 said:

@JaxonH You are free to have your own opinion, if you think everything is ok fine, whatever pleases you the most. In my opinion Nintendo realesed only 2 good games pikmin3 and 3d world (3 if you count w101 as nintendo) , and for the first year if it weren't the indies and 3rd party's would be the worst ever. First they assume that we only have one gaming platform, and release titles everyone else has played either on pc,xbox or ps3 a long long time ago...super mario and luigi dlc not a big deal almost the same as the wii version, windwaker amazing game that I played on the cube, nes remix, really...wii sports club, man are you really serious, it should had online mode on the wii, and the game is just the same. 9.99 per sport is stealing.

Not buying another nintendo console in day one, probably wont buy it in the first three years neither.

Well but as I said before, everyone is entitled to have is own opinion, but I'm disappointed with the current standing, maybe is just me.

FubumblR

FubumblR said:

For this direct, in addition to detailing DS VC, Iwata will announce GC VC with the first downloadable title being 'Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.'

Ok, so that second part won't happen, but I had a dream a few nights ago that it did. Since then, I've had this yearning that won't quit. Might have to break out that GameCube here soon.

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike said:

I agree that they should have something to quell the negative press, but at the same time I'm not expecting anything mind blowing, the Directs are usually really disappointing (although that's more because Nintendo in general has been constantly disappointing me for the last 2 or 3 years). Probably mostly going to focus on Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Yoshi's New Island.

Ash_Anne

Ash_Anne said:

Aw! I'm going to be in my accounting class! I guess I'll have to watch it after I get home.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

So has anybody mentioned the Tweets from Sakurai, Monolith Soft and Platinum games about the Direct yet?

ToniK

ToniK said:

Nintendo Direct AKA slightly newish info about same old games. Yeah, will check it out anyways but not holding my breath. I want to be wrong but I just don't think they have anything special in their back pockets. Now or in the near future. I'm slowly getting more and more pessimistic, I see.

sumofeet

sumofeet said:

Too bad I'll be working while it's going on! Still can't wait to hear the news though, I'm excited for anything Hyrule Warriors related. Nintendo, BRING IT AWN!

Bryon15

Bryon15 said:

Here's a wish list of stuff I want, but know that we won't get.

1. That they bought both sega and capcom.
2. New 3D metroid from retro studios.
3. New 2D metroid from wayforward.
4. New star fox from platinum games.
5. New f-zero from sumo digital.
6. New megaman game (since they've acquired capcom).
7. Wii U version of kingdom hearts 3.
8. Release date for shin megami tensei X fire emblem, along with a trailer.
9. Update of their online infrastructure/real unified account system.
10. Massive amount of retro games released for the Wii U and 3DS virtual consoles.
11. Gamecube games on eshop.
12. Trailer for Zelda U.
13. Isaac and Sora as new characters in smash bros 4.
14. A full 3D kirby game for Wii U (seriously, why hasn't this been done yet?)
15. A 3D pokemon game for Wii U, like colosseum and XD.
16. New golden sun for 3DS.

banacheck

banacheck said:

Bayonetta2 release date, please be apart of the info.
I not getting any hope's up for info on X, Zelda U as this direct is for spring, E3 better have info tho.
Hopefully Nintendo will surprise me.

Midayle

Midayle said:

I will predict that we will see the Nintendo Fusion DS. It will be a WiiU console that can also play 3DS and DS games. This will be an attempt the make the WiiU software profitable in the same way the DS Lite the DS software profitable.

A few new trailers of previously announced game might be shown. The game I would happiest to see would be Cult County on the 3DS by Renegade Kidd, but I am not holding my breath.

Inkling

Inkling said:

I would love to see:
FlipNote 3D
Tomodachi Collection UK release
Mario Kart 8 release date
New character for smash

If these things make it, I will be a very happy person! ;)

Tommeh

Tommeh said:

Completely out the blue ; new pso announced for 3ds and wii u, linkable like mh3....

That's when I wake up usually..

Beta

Beta said:

12AM for me.... No way in heck I can stay up all that, I have to wake up early tomorrow ._.
But, have you guys heard how Sakurai, Next Level, GAME UK, Platinum and Monolith Soft are Retweeting about this ND? Idk, but that kinda seems suspicious, especially that the last two times Sakurai Retweeted ND Tweets we got the reveal trailer and the other we got Rosalina's trailer. Idk, but I bet from those Tweets it's hinting at SSB4 info, Bayonetta 2 info, X info, some special edition or something exclusive to GAME and some kind of reveal for a secret Next Level game, but that's what I think, just don't get overhyped because of me >_>

Volmun

Volmun said:

@element187 i can asume from Monolith its ither X or there unanonced game(unless there saveing that for E3) Platanom will probably be Bayonetta 2 and idk whatNext Levle Games will offer... mabe a new Mario Strikers? ( thats the only game i remmember them for lol i liked there logo)

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

@Jaxon ONMs game reveal has been confirmed to be an indie title and is not a first, second or third party triple A game by one of their editors on twitter so you might not want to get your hopes up about that.

Monsti

Monsti said:

First I got really really excited when I read there's a Direct coming (aka "this is gonna be the one where the announce all the big changes coming") but "end of spring sound like "here's a new character for Mario Kart" :/
We'll see. At least I think I'll finally get my photo finder europe release date...

babyguess

babyguess said:

I was at GameStop this afternoon, they are already taking a pre-order for a "Available SKU" priced at $199.99 with a release date of March 14th. Same day Yoshi's New Island comes out. So a new 3DS XL bundle is most likely on the way, hopefully it will be a limited edition. Bring on the Year of Yoshi!

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

I would hope for some new game announcement but have been down this road before and there is no point in getting worked up, they will show something when they're ready. Though the later time could be to coincide with worldwide eshop update..... Oh damn it I'm excited again! All I know for sure is that I would like to hear some news on the loyalty business model, I buy a lot on the eshop in fact I'm on to my 8th homescreen page and one of those is full price retail games.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

"that time suggests that the company aims to reach more people, rather than the standard broadcast at around 10am Eastern."

Or more people in the US at least. Those times in Europe are not good. I suspect most people will be checking the news after they get to work the following day. I understand that simultaneous global scheduling is difficult but this seems terrible to me.

Jorzha

Jorzha said:

I'm not sure if i should be exited for this direct or keep my expectations low. i want them to say the realise date for the x game and mario kart and talk about more smash characters. let's just see what happens i guess =P

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

They'd better announce a release date for X and Yarn Yoshi.
I already had enough of MK and SSB...

Bryon15

Bryon15 said:

@withoutdk Oh I don't even bother with that anymore. I've given up on third party support. That's why I want nintendo to buy sega and capcom, so we won't need any third party support.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

Bayonetta a new character in Smash Bros. , that would be just awesome and Contra for 3DS I know thats a long shot but there was talk of Contra 3D at one time .

Red_XIII

Red_XIII said:

Sonic Lost world DLC, new Smash bros character, Mario Kart 8 Info, X trailer, surprise, apologies, Technical babble. Dat is all.

617Sqn

617Sqn said:

Nintendo pride them selfs on being the family console, well 10pm is not very family friendly. Its like a middle finger to the UK market.

xevious

xevious said:

My wishlist:

1. New Cranky Kong footage
2. Spin the bottle 2, launching right after Direct
3. Please understand

FX102A

FX102A said:

Being slightly realistic but still in the realms of fantasy:

1) More footage, info and a name for Monolithsoft's X
2) More new game unveilings for Wii U
3) A tease that new Metroid and Starfox games are in the works but info still to come
4) Announcement of a new exclusivity deal with Platinum Games and that Bayonneta 2 will be followed by Vanquish 2
5) Deal with Sega to release the Valkyria Chronicles Trilogy on Wii U with updated graphics and Gamepad strategic controls
6) An all new tactical / strategic 3rd person shooter for Wii U that allows two teams to operate. Variety of vehicles or two commanders to use the Gamepad to perform realtime tactical and strategic decisions and actions (along with an in depth single player campaign).

I think that goes in order if disbelief.

MAB

MAB said:

It is already the 14th of Feb now in Australia while you lot are livin' in the past man ;)

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Wishful thinking, but I'd love to see a Pilotwings game on Wii U. More like the 64 version though, that was such a relaxing game. In fact bring back the same wacky characters and their hilarous screams lol

Liquid_ice

Liquid_ice said:

Hmm... what to expect from this? I don't know any probable games to be announced, so this Direct may just tell us more information about previously announced titles. I would like to have for example Golden Sun 3D, Dr. Mario 3D, Kid Icarus U etc, but thinking about those games being announced is REALLY wishful thinking.

mch

mch said:

@MAB
You are aging so fast dude ;-D
Satoru Shibata will be our PAL-Valentine.. I guess it would be only logic if he dresses up as Princess Peach today..
..yuuukk Good luck getting that picture out of your head again!

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I'm secretly hoping that the VLR £10 sale was to bring in new customers just before they announce Zero Escpape 3...
If they show X I think we will actually learn what it is called this time XD.
I'm predicting
Mario Kart 8 online features,
Nintendo's loyalty plan they talked about,
something being added to the Virtual console as well as an it's there after the presentation deal.
Sonic Boom information
and a tease of a new IP to be unvailed at e3.

Billfredbobob

Billfredbobob said:

Love me, as a West Australian, this means that it'll be on at 6 am :(

Please watch the profanity — TBD

Dogeymon

Dogeymon said:

If I hear iwata say one more time, "unfortunately, we need a LITTLE more time" I'm gonna throw something at the tv

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@617Sqn Don't be unreasonable! This is a globally simultaneous broadcast! Would you rather they delayed the European version to be on at a different time? No, because you would just watch the American livestream instead.
Sorry to say but us Brits aren't the centre of the world :P

LoBo

LoBo said:

I hope I come away from this Nintendo Direct feeling excited ,and not thinking is that it ?? ,you know what I mean :D

Tanuki

Tanuki said:

(13th February): the free download codes for 'Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC)' ;)

the_beaver

the_beaver said:

I think they will show X and a release date in the japanese direct, as it will probably be released this spring in those lands (hopefully, that'd mean we would get it by the end of the year), as well as Sonic Boom will be shown in the rest, with its release date for this spring.
And well, apart from DK and MK, I think they should try to get released Bayonetta 2 (as well as its first part) between those games, to fill in the space. And also, being optimistic, I believe Smash Bros will be shown, meaning an earlier release date than expected (probably by June??). They should at least, otherwise they will be giving info and pics about the game for more than a whole year... We will know it all by the time it's out lol. And of course the rest of games from Wii Sports Club, and the physical copies of it and Wii Fit U.
I'd like to see something new, but with all the games announced, I think it's quite unlikely until the E3...

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Bah, I live in atlantic time zone and will to be to sleep for work(backshift) by then. On the plus I can get all the info when I wake up and watch the actual direct tomorrow. Unless the storm that is coming is mostly snow not rain. I won't be able to move if that's the case.

mch

mch said:

@AJWolfTill
"Also airing after 10pm could coincide with adult content laws in some European areas..."
I seriously doubt it, BUT I am pro more adult content on Nintendo consoles. It is one way to gain back market share and "coolness" that is unfortunately incredibly important in these days young ones and therefore fundamental for more (financial) success.

allav866

allav866 said:

I'm hoping for a release date on Kirby's Triple Deluxe. It's not like Kirby games need a lot of translation, although I would like to know what "BWAYO!" means...

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

Well Nintendo has an official countdown timer to the Direct for it's Japan site........I'm finding myself becoming more hyped about this......need to lower expectations..........

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I need a release date for X + Bayonetta 2, and Beyo 1 on Wii U right after the presentation... :P
I need an immersive new experience on my Wii U pronto, I've had enough of DK and Mario for a while. Metroid news would be incredible but I doubt it. Though I have a feeling they will announce at least 1 new game coming nearer the end of the year/2015.
Heck, I would love to see Miyamoto's new IP.
Anyway I'm expecting a focus on DKCTF so anything else will definitely be a big plus.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

And away it goes my plan to go to bed early this evening...

Oh well, hopefully I will get to see wonderful dreams without even need to sleep XP

ikki5

ikki5 said:

Judging by the releases this week and the last few weeks of news and such.... I am not expecting much at all.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

What I hope to see:
-A new X trailer with at LEAST an official name...
-Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros release dates.
-Strider reboot coming to Wii U.
-New awesome sidescrolling Castlevania.
-Anything to do with Zelda, Platinum, or Atlus......
-Oh, and PERSONA Q!!!!! (I'd literally cry if they don't localize it. I know it's going to happen, but it'd suck if it didn't)

NintendoFan_495

NintendoFan_495 said:

Can't wait! Hopefully more info will be released about "X" and Hyrule warriors since those are my most anticipated games as of yet!

Dr_Groose

Dr_Groose said:

All i want is a new metroid announcement, i dont care about anything else that's all i want

electrolite77

electrolite77 said:

Just dates would do for me. More on the games we already know about with a map of releases for the next few months. X, SMT v FE, Bayonetta 2 and where has Mario Golf gone?

DragonbornRito

DragonbornRito said:

I'd like to remind everyone, last year the very first Nintendo Direct announced X & Y for the first time. I would love to see a Hoenn confirmed video as much as anyone, and this may be the one for it to happen.

sigh A guy can dream, right?

TantXL

TantXL said:

I hope they give us a SSB4 release date or at least more information about the game, that's the only thing i really care about right now.

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

Because the Direct starts almost right after school. Should of made that clearer.

Dandalfa00

Dandalfa00 said:

I really just want details on literally everything previously announced. I don't need Zelda U or Pokemon Hoenn. I think new Smash Bros or Mario Kart Characters would be a safe bet. A clear strategy for the VC would be nice. Games like Flipnote Studio 3D and X need some attention desperately. I don't need Mario 3D sales numbers, DKTF trailers, or a reminder that Pokemon Bank is out. All new information on all old announcements....yeah, that makes sense.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@GunstarHero234
"Please Understand.....-_-"

Understand what? that your sense of humor button is off? Here, lets see if Peewee can turn that frown upside down. ;)
Untitled

CaptOlimar30

CaptOlimar30 said:

The hype is so setting in. I'm strongly suspicious of a Luigi's Mansion for the Wii U given the success of Dark Moon on the 3DS both critically and popularly. Sakurai's announced a pretty good amount of SSB characters of late so I'm expecting them to announce it'll launch in an end-of-year month, say October, but hopeful it'll launch in Spring. Surely Mario Kart 8 will get a big representation and Donkey Kong Country Returns will probably be their main concern but I'm still holding out for info on X.

The 3DS side of things concerns me less since there are so many great first and third party titles I've yet to play on it that I don't really need any new announcements for it to keep me entertained with it. It'd still be nice to see a trailer or two of some of their quickly announced games like Triple Deluxe.

Only 3 more hours!

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

This just isn't the time for Nintendo to be secretive about it's software lineup. Do something different, just come out BALLS TO THE WALLS with upcoming games!! Just show everything being worked on for the Wii U and give general release dates. Why no new footage for X??? Stop with the secrecy, it ain't working this time around. Just come out swinging!!!

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@B3ND3R I agree. In fact considering we are talking atlus I'm not that worried about smt X fe, at least on the US site. The simple fact is though that "pretty sure" doesn't cut :-( I'm definitely going to hold off until is official, there is nothing right now I absolutetly need to play anyways.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@CaptOlimar30

If Luigi's Mansion 3 for the Wii U does happen, it better support wii remote plus 'pointer'(to control the vacume in lets say 3rd or first person) + nunchuck controls. Or at least offer it as an alternate control scheme.

For kicks, they should release a vaccum wii remote attatchment. :p

I'm personally hoping for a new Punch-Out!!, Kid Icarus, F-Zero and a StarTropics resurrection(yeah right, in my glorious subcon dreams), a New IP boasting a memorable mascot that can stand the test of time against the legandary Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby ect ect. Ahem, and Nintendo buying the Mega Man franchise. ;)

Really though, it's time to lower my expectations and just go in expecting the worse. ;)

KokiriSoul

KokiriSoul said:

My expectations are quite low. But hey, maybe they'll say something that will make me really excited to get a new 3DS.
Proceeds to go and play Banjo Tooie

GunstarHero234

GunstarHero234 said:

@WaveBoy LOL yep that work just agreeing with your comment about the good ole' classic NES games StarTropics and Kirby which are one of my best series ever. Just the titles we are getting nowadays feeling kinda stale to me.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@Ralek85 Fear not, jump in the fire. Got to burn my dread let my soul inspire.... Atlus 2010 at E3 stated they were making a Persona title for 3DS... That alone basically says localisation :)

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@GunstarHero234
Yeah, the New Super Mario Bros series springs to mind, which is sooo unlike nintendo to rehash the same visual asthetics, worlds and recycled music 4 times in a row with little teeny weeny alterations. Here's Hoping NSMB.U or should i say New Super Luigi Bros(The 5th NSMB release....yeesh!) will be the last.

I'd personally love to see a spiritual sequel to SMB2 USA/doki doki panic or even SML2: 6 golden coins. Goodfeel, the developers of Wario Land Shake it!, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Yarn I'd say would be the right man for the job. B-)