Video: Nintendo Minute and Jools Watsham Catch Up On Treasurenauts and Moon Chronicles

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Renegade releases

During the relatively recent Nintendo Direct broadcasts, the North American version included snapshots of 'Nintendo Minute' interviews with eShop developers that have, slowly and surely, been released in full. This weekend brings us the interview with Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham, discussing upcoming 3DS eShop titles Treasurenauts and Moon Chronicles.

In terms of the former Watsham talks a little about the two player co-op mode that's included, as well as two available modes, the significant number of planned characters and the compulsion to grab all of that loose treasure. With Moon Chronicles talk shifts to why the FPS genre fits the handheld so well, favoured control schemes and the different kinds of gameplay that 3DS owners can expect.

Check it out below and share your thoughts in the comments, as always.

Related Games

audiobrainiac

audiobrainiac said:

I wouldn't say that was my fav game on a nintendo platform, but i do agree with him. It WAS pretty amazing to actually have depth perception in a game in
3D. Getting both of these games! :)

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

I plan on picking up both. I'm especially excited for Moon though. I'll be happy if RK can put out 4-6 seasons of that game.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@kevfrei If you ever played a DS shooter, I believe you'll have an idea. I played Moon and both Dementium games from RK, and the aiming was awesome. Both pixel perfect AND sensitive.

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

Yeah, we'll get three control options:

1) XYBA aiming
2) Stylus aiming
3) CPP(right CP) aiming

Pretty sure all control schemes have circle pad for movement and one of the shoulder buttons for shooting.

kevfrei

kevfrei said:

@KryptoKrunch @Shambo well it's been a while but Metroid Prime Hunters is the only one that really comes to mind-but dang was it good!

Thanks for that Krypto, I might be using ABYX since I lost my stylus -_-

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Treasurenauts is the style of game that I like the most and the type of game few third parties make anymore. Without a doubt I will grab that day and hour one.