Upcoming Retro City Rampage: DX Update Will Add Music Jukebox

Posted by Conor McMahon

Almost 3 hours of music to go with your mayhem

Retro City Rampage: DX on 3DS has worked hard to earn its deluxe subtitle with a slew of additional features not seen in other versions of the top-down action game. Even further bonuses and tweaks are set to come in future updates, and as the title is one big love-letter to the '80s and '90s, it's only right that music should get a turn in the spotlight.

Through its Twitter and Facebook pages, the Retro City Rampage developer has announced that the first update to the 3DS version will include a full musical jukebox, meaning that players can listen to all 148 of the game's tracks whenever they like through the playlist menu.

You can see the new feature in action with this tease of a Vine post, showing off an impressive selection of melodies to which players can wreak havoc.

Waypoints and parking garages will also be added when the update releases, so it's one to keep an eye on for any 8-bit city slickers out there. As an added bonus — and for an undetermined period of time — the full official soundtrack for the game has been reduced by 75% on Bandcamp, with a deluxe set that includes multiple discs and extras available for as little as $10CAD.

Leave a comment below if you're like, totally stoked, and let us know what you'd like to see in future updates of the 3DS version.

dumedum

dumedum said:

I'm glad it's doing well. The 3DS is always a hit. I adored the game on WiiWare.

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

Wowza! That's weird. Just today I was looking at the soundtrack song list in the tootle play store. Can't wait for the update!

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

Oooops, meant Google, not tootle. Ha! Stupid auto correct...or maybe it was just me. :)

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Now if Nintendo provided a framework to get 3DS code running on Wii U I bet we'd see this bad-boy make the switch!

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Damn forgot that this game was out already. I already have it on PC but I have no problem getting it again on the 3ds. Just need to pick up a eshop card.

magicsnake

magicsnake said:

This update gives me hope that one day we'll be able to compose our own music (like in animal crossing) so we can make our own radio like in gta...
Anyway, this update looks great !
This game was made to be played on a portable system (especialy with the free roaming mode)

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

I have a question. When this update is available, will it automatically install upon me loading the game or will I find an option to install it? Thanks.