Tengami's Wii U eShop Release Set to Unfold in June

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

We've written a lot about Nyamyam's Tengami, as it looks like an intriguing prospect for the Wii U eShop. It incorporates an attractive pop-up book style, promises a relaxing adventure and features music from the highly regarded David Wise, composer of the soundtracks for Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, among many others.

The title arrives on iOS today, and the developer has confirmed that the Wii U version is set for a June release. The iOS version has undoubtedly been a challenge to produce — it supports a range of iPhone and iPad devices — but we're naturally looking forward to the home console experience in the summer. In a hands-on and interview last year, former Rare man and co-founder of Nyamyam Phil Tossell shared the studio's hopes to make the most of what the Wii U can offer.

We have the Wii U version running in parity with the iOS version in terms of features, but we may be able to add stuff that makes it even better — such as alternative control schemes and better ways of interacting.

Are you looking forward to this one? Let us know in the comments below.

From the web

johndevine said:

I don't expect much to be honest.

If it ends up better than my expectations, I will be delighted.

rjejr said:

I'm a big fan of pop-up books and the japanese look, but if you need to move by touching or pointing at the screen - which is what it looks like by that arrow popping in - it's not for me. So hopefully they will add in additional control schemes like they said.

MAN1AC said:

I think I'm going to get the iOS version and if I like it I'll double dip and get it on the Wii U too.

ricklongo said:

I'm not sure the gameplay is for me, but the presence of David Wise alone means I'll give it a try.

Captain_Gonru said:

While the visual style and soundtrack are amazing, I'm still holding out for a bit more on the actual gameplay. Outside of the puzzle around the two minute mark, it looked like just clicking to flip the next piece and move on. Maybe a proper trailer is in order.

AyeHaley said:

Edge gave it a 6....Apparently its not long enough so they give it a -4 deduction...>_> Im serious, thats their only gripe with this game. It doesn't make any sense...
Anyway, can't wait any longer and I recently got an iPad mini so...I'll buy it twice. I'm sure I want to play it on the big screen anyway.

Great_Gonzalez said:

Very interested in this! Price will be the only deciding factor as to if/when I get it hopefully it's no more than £5-8

LoveSugoi said:

I love the visual style and I'm not a gaming masochist but this looks a little too relaxing. As in, that gameplay footage bored me to tears. I'll wait for the review. ^^;

Sean_Aaron said:

Looks beautiful. I'll be waiting for the Wii U release as I want a big-screen experience that can be shared.

@AyeHayley Dinging a game for length is just stupid - does a good film get a higher score because it's two hours rather than 90min?

Action51 said:

Is it game or Art?
The folding paper intrigues.
Maybe it is both.