Retro City Rampage: DX Set For February Release on the 3DS eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Will be $9.99 in North America

Fans of Retro City Rampage have had plenty of opportunities to buy the game, but there's one more platform to go — the 3DS eShop. The good news is that the freshly-named Retro City Rampage: DX has now been submitted to Nintendo for approval in Europe and has already passed in North America; its progress in the latter region is such that it's set to arrive this month.

With a February release in the pipeline for North America, Vblank Entertainment has updated its Facebook page with confirmation of the new name and a price of $9.99 in the region. As for Europe, the game's taking a little longer to go through the approval process, so no guarantee is given yet for it to arrive this month.

The DX part of the name is to acknowledge the various tweaks and improvements said to have been put in place for this 3DS version. The developer promises more details on those improvements in the coming week — we do already know of Circle Pad Pro support, for example — though Vblank did say this when answering an enquiry on Facebook.

Many of the updates are in PC v1.16, but the 3DS contains more. Every mission's received another edit pass in order to format it ideally for the 3DS.

If you want to know more in the meantime, be sure to check out our interview with Vblank Entertainment's Brian Provinciano. Are you looking forward to Retro City Rampage: DX on the 3DS eShop?

Vincent294

Vincent294 said:

Yes, I'm going to get this, Shovel Knight, & Monster Hunter 4 when they come out. Can't wait.

JoeyZXD

JoeyZXD said:

I skipped the Wii debut, I think I tried it on PS3 but didn't like it. I'll probably get it on the 3ds though cuz it looks like a cool retro portable game.

Shambo

Shambo said:

I have it as Wiiware, but will get it again. I remember playing a few hours without saving, then suddenly discovering the god mode, quickly wanting to try it out, and not beingable to save after that :(

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I will probably get it I dunno when though. (Most of the problems I had with the PC version are fixed).

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

this looks so fun! i didnt know it was on the wii or i probably couldnt have waited for it on the 3ds which is going to be way better im sure. so i guess im glad i didnt know hehehe. but this is a instant day one buy for me, i'm so glad theyre utilizing the cpp. i dont get why its never used.

TheGZeus

TheGZeus said:

Well, one more use for my cpp. (so far: Nano Assault EX, Galaxy Force II, upcoming Moon remake and Cult County)

Olmectron

Olmectron said:

Does Cult County make use of the CPP? Didn't know that, and I've been playing several levels already. Will check it next time.

For me, I've used the CPP XL very well with Monster Huner 3 Ultimate and Kid Icarus (I'm not left-handed, but I prefer so much to use the ZL button instead of L or R for shooting).

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Day 1 purchase for me as well. I did download this on Wiiware, in fact it was my last ever Wiiware purchase, which I downloaded in Wii mode after I transfered over my Wii account. Glad to see this title is not beng forgotten. :D

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

Looking forward to playing this for the first time. Hopefully it won't be long until it's on the EU store.

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

@Olmectron you've been playing cult county?

Back on topic, I bought this on the PS3 cause I thought it was never gonna cone to the eshops. Well hopefully it doesn't take too long to pass for Europe and I will double dip

Poketendo

Poketendo said:

Do you need a Circle Pad Pro for this game, or can you also play it without the Circle Pad Pro? Since I don't own a Circle Pad Pro, but I am excited for this game.

mch

mch said:

I would love to play this on the Wii U, on and off TV. Any chance it is coming?

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

3DS owners that have never played RCR before owe it to themselves to get this. I bought the game twice--once on PS3 and another on Wii--I liked it that much. (and I wanted to support the developer)

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

@mch It's available on the Wii Shop Channel, and according to the game's lead designer that's probably all we'll get.

Olmectron

Olmectron said:

@readyletsgo Now I feel like a troll. Sorry, I read bad, I thought it was a different game. How could I confuse Renegade Kid's survival horror with anything else?

I'm serious. Sorry.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Reading a lot of you guys comments about double dipping [some are gonna triple dip].... I may get this, never played it before.

mch

mch said:

@TreesenHauser
Thanks for your response. Nnnyeaah.. What i read so far doesn't sound like it's really gonna come for the Wii U.. too bad.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

@mch No problem. In fact, on their official Twitter account yesterday the developer confirmed it won't be coming to Wii U mainly because of its availability on Wii Shop Channel.

Gioku

Gioku said:

Spent a lot of time loving this game on my friend's laptop, I'm getting this for sure! :D