Pokémon Movies And TV Shows Coming To Netflix Services All Over The World

Posted by Damien McFerran

Catch them on your Wii U or 3DS from March 1st

It has been confirmed that Pokémon is hitting Netflix in a big way, with movies and television series arriving on the popular video-on-demand portal at the start of March.

Two movies — Pokémon the Movie: Black and Pokémon the Movie: White – will go live on March 1st, alongside two full series: Pokémon: Black & White and Pokémon: Indigo League. This content is confirmed for the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, US, Canada, Latin America and Nordic regions.

Will you be tuning in? If so, what device will you be using — your trusty 3DS, perhaps? Or maybe your Wii U console? Let us know with a comment.

[via mcvuk.com]

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

Eh. I love the Pokemon anime (at least the old episodes) but I already have 2/3rds of the Indigo League on DVD (I've been watching 3 episodes every Saturday, and I have several months worth left to watch at that rate). I'll probably watch the movies and the Black/White series at least. I wish they were including the Orange Islands, Johto, and/or the early movies.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Seems like Netflix is passing Hulu with it's Pokemon content. The only ones Hulu got so far is Pokemon Diamond & Pearl and Pokemon Origins.

dsparil

dsparil said:

"Diamond & Pearl" and "Origins" have also been on Hulu commercial free for a few weeks now.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

I've been waiting for this announcement for so long. You bet I'll be tuning in! My childhood. :)

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

@TrueWiiMaster While I am excited to see the original series again, I agree about the early movies part. I already have the first three on VHS, but without a working VCR or an affordable route to getting the DVDs I'd love to see them on Netflix in at least somewhat-higher quality. Widescreen even, if possible.

allav866

allav866 said:

I'll definitely be watching the Indigo League... But first I've been enjoying It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia too much to want to watch anything else.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I think we own all the movies but 1 - Mewto vs. Mew which seems impossible to find - and my kids have seen all the episodes on the website, but I sitll think they'll be excited for this news. We occasionally check Netflix for Pokemon content but always come up empty. One less mountain to climb.

I think it should be noted somewhere in the article that the Wii U eShop has had a bunch of Pokemon episodes for awhile now. Not very well advertised but they are on there. If Nitneod wanted people to watch them they probably should have given it their own "app" front end like "PokemonTV" on Android but that would be too easy I guess.

Phle

Phle said:

I'm suddenly probably getting Netflix. Either on the TV itself or on Wii U I guess.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

As a grown adult I will not be watching Pokémon on Netflix with Facebook sharing switched on

rockmanx72

rockmanx72 said:

Hopefully they'll be in HD. Fingers crossed for a blu-ray release of the original Pokemon series with Japanese audio (assuming Viz or whomever still has the rights to physical distribution).

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

OMG YES! I love that show! Although I hated the voice of Ash from the Daimond and Pearl seasons onward. He annoyed the poo out of me!

ikki5

ikki5 said:

YAY!!! I hope they have give us all the seasons... Season 1-5 is probably the best ones.... more so the first 3.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

my son will loves this. he is a big fan of pokemon shows. the kids and i all watch pokemon X&Y series on YTV (Canada) every Saturday

Alpha2797

Alpha2797 said:

I'm glad that it's finally coming to Netflix but is there any news of every other season coming? I would like to watch every season so far in order but having every season on Netflix is probably asking for too much.

ModernMARVEL

ModernMARVEL said:

Can't wait! I lost access to cable/ignored TV back when the BW series first showed up. Now I can finally watch it without searching the entire internet!

Hetsumani

Hetsumani said:

I'll watch it with my PS3. I'd use my WiiU but i like to defy the order of the universe.

RR529

RR529 said:

Too bad it's not the first few seasons & movies, which I would have watched for nostalgia's sake. Good to hear for those interested, though.

I'm too caught up in Heroes currently, anyways.

Drobotic

Drobotic said:

I already have the movie on DVD.They should just add all the movies.There's still some of the movies I haven't seen.Black and White is okay,though.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Might watch the Indigo League for nostalgia's sake. The anime was pretty solid back then (I bet I'd still tear up when Ash releases Butterfree).

WitchSugoi

WitchSugoi said:

I love watching the Indigo and Orange Island reruns on Boomerang but can't beat marathoning on Netflix. Been doing that lately with Goosebumps and before with Power Rangers, now get to do it with Pokemon. Childhood nostalgia FTW.

fortius54

fortius54 said:

Very good announcement. There was a dark time in my life where video games were not one of the most important things to me. I know. The horror. It was in that time this came on. I can now watch from the beginning as it was meant to be.

FireHorsePrime

FireHorsePrime said:

Dennō Senshi Porygon!!!

Anybody else remember episode thirty eight of Pokemon Anime? Would be cool if they offered it, but not without a disclaimer of course, that is if it's not edited.

I love Netflix on my 3DS but audio is in mono, which ruins musicals and sound effects heavy Sci Fi. Still, it's nice to know I can catch up on the Pokemon craze from the beginnings.

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Nintendo using the licensing muscle. Time to get Captain N, Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Zelda & F-Zero on there.

SirMime

SirMime said:

I wish a Netflix app would be made available for EU 3DSs. Be so useful to watch shows on work breaks.

tleonardme

tleonardme said:

@PrincessSugoi hey your message really hits home. I'm curious how you feel about other 90's culture. I was born in 1987 how about you. Tleonardme@gmail.com is my address. Think it would be fun to hear about your other nineties experiences :)