Nintendo's UK Store Shows The Love With Valentine's Campaign

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Use the #LoveNintendo hashtag, or else

It's almost here, the day that gift card retailers and flower sellers dream of every year, hoping that love in the air will sell enough roses to buy that new car they always wanted. Valentine's Day is coming, giving couples a chance to buy each other gifts and show extra romance, while those that are single bemoan the fact it's even an occasion — there's no escape.

Nintendo, for its part, is using the occasion to persuade particularly generous couples to lavish new gaming machines upon each other, with the official Nintendo UK store launching a "Love Nintendo" campaign, advertising a variety of systems of the pink and white varieties. The main deals, 'For Him' and 'For Her' are below.

Though Nintendo has tweeted referring to "offers", the Luigi system is still its original price of £179.99 — it is exclusive to the Nintendo UK store outside of Japan, however. The pink 3DS XL is £199.99 and comes with a copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf and also a CD with music from the game.

Not mind-blowing offers, but more a reminder of the store's various 3DS models and options for UK gamers. Are any of you, wherever you are in the world, lavishing such a pricey gift on your loved one this Valentine's Day?

[via store.nintendo.co.uk]

TimLatshawAdmin

TimLatshaw said:

All I'm going to say is I would marry any girl who'd buy me a pink 3DS with Animal Crossing.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Lance168 - Nice job getting that up there so fast.

It's Valentin'es Day, it's all about couples. Shouldn't they advertise a multiplayer system instead of a handheld? Wii U has "Spin the Bottle" fer cryin' out loud.

lividd3ad

lividd3ad said:

Mehhhh. I'm not big on the casual sexism that comes through in offers like these.

PrincessSugoi

PrincessSugoi said:

Squeeee! That Animal Crossing one is so cute!

This deal is too cool to come to lame ol' NoA though... ;______;

babyguess

babyguess said:

This week Target U.S. is selling 3DS XL including the Mario and Luigi Limited Edition for $175 USD. Yes, we've seen a much lower price of $150 USD at Target. Personally, I will wait for the next 3DS XL Limited Edition. Hopefully, the WeeGee Limited Edition will eventually hit our shore.

Stu13

Stu13 said:

Uh, I have the pink/white XL and am very much a man. I also play a considerable amount Animal Crossing. Stereotypes are for the birds.

Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen said:

@TimLatshaw My wife asked me to buy her a pink 3DS with animal crossing after she played it a bit in bestbuy....Close enough I guess....

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Stu13 They must be something in them or Nintendo themselves would be playing politically correct here instead of blatantly stereotypical.

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

I did it guys, I totally used the hashtag xD my post on FB: "To all you chicks out there about to send off my valentine's card: scrap it, that's right. didn't you know? I don't need a card to know you love me just a new 3DS #LoveNintendo"

Reala

Reala said:

After my experience of dealing with the nintendo UK store I wont be going back to them in a hurry, or at all if I can help it, I'll stick with amazon.

Wolf_Link

Wolf_Link said:

Well my girlfriend already gave me a 3ds. The zelda 3dsxl... Man, I'm gonna marry that girl.