Amazon Lists Transformers: Rise Of The Dark Spark For Wii U And 3DS

Posted by Damien McFerran

You can win if you dare?

While it's always worth taking listings on Amazon with a pinch of salt, when one comes out of the blue — and appears on multiple platforms to boot — there's probably an element of truth in there.

Listings have appeared on the popular online retailer for Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, the next instalment in the long-running series of video games from publisher Activision based on Hasbro and Takara's popular toy line, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year.

Details regarding the game are scarce, but the retailer has included the Wii U and 3DS among the list of release platforms. It's not known if the game has any connection with the forthcoming live-action movie, Transformers: Age of Extinction, but it goes without saying there's absolutely no link whatsoever with that amazing Mega Drive Megatron we covered the other day.

Amazon's listing for the game includes the following description:

The next instalment in the incredible Transformers gaming franchise, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is an exciting action game that is perfect for veteran fans and newcomers.

Are you excited for more mighty morphin' robot action, or are you one of those more discerning fans who considers anything beyond Generation One to be a waste of time? Share your feelings with a comment below.

[via amazon.co.uk]

Magikarp3

Magikarp3 said:

Next installment in the Transformers gaming franchise implies that it's part of the War for Cybertron series? Those games actually looked pretty fun since their maps were designed around the ability to transform into cars and such.

Emblem

Emblem said:

I have both war for cyberton games on my 360, if it is the next installment I hope the Wii U version is atleast upto par with the Xbox/PS3 versions.

Oh and bring back planes decoy ablity, mp isn't the same without it. And change horde mode back to how it was in the first one!

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

well it seems activision still supports wii u. Nothing do that skylanders has sold more on nintendo system than the other two evil consoles.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

The first Transformers movie is so terrible it has destroyed the franchise for me. Zero interest in this.

Stu13

Stu13 said:

Despite it's flaws, I rather enjoyed the first Prime game (and I adore that series) so I wish they had kept that going with Transformers: Prime BEAST WARS. Rise of the Predacons, baby. One of these Michael Bay Transformers games would have to get seriously amazing reviews to get me interested.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Emblem Think those games are separate from these movie based ones. (Like the Batman Arkham Series that had nothing to do with the Nolan films)

TreonsRealm

TreonsRealm said:

I know it would never happen but seeing as Activision is one of the few third party companies supporting the Wii U, it would be amazing if this was part of the Cybertron series and they released a combined port of the 2 Cybertron titles for the Wii U at a reduced price to build hype. I would totally be fine with a solid but quick port that added off-tv play. I think those Transformers titles would be quite appealing to the average Nintendo fan and would be very easy to transfer considering that they use the Unreal 3 engine which is fully compatible with the Wii U. They could throw in a few bonuses (like additional GamePad functionality and MiiVerse support) and call it "Transformers: The Cybertron Chronicles" and release it during this years movie or this fall with the DVD/Blu-Ray release of the film. Just a thought but that would be pretty cool. What do you think?

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

I'm hoping it's based on the new movie, optimus prime looks baddonkey.

The last transformers game I bought was rise of the fallen, that game was so underrated.

Ryo_Hazuki-san

Ryo_Hazuki-san said:

FUX YES!!! i pray to the cybertron gods this has coop and online multiplayer like the last 2 games!!!!

Refurin

Refurin said:

@I-AM-REGGIE
Revenge of the Fallen was a good game. The WFC/FOC games were better though. A really underrated Transformers game was the one for the PS2 based on Transformers Armada. Unfortunately one of my favorite TF games never made it to the US. It was a Game Boy color fighting game based on Beast Wars. It had some fun mini games, and some old school 2D fighter game play.